Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    My SRT8 Grand 2007 stock runs 13.2 all day. I think when I ran my Niner stock ,,,,,,,,,,,, humm I can't remember but it was high 14 or very low 15.
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Platinum - 408 SC Sleeper ( 7.49 / 11.? )
    2012 RAM - Tow Vehicle
    2007 GC SRT8 Daily Driver
    2003 TJ Rubicon Inca Gold - Trail blaster
    1973 Trumph GT6 MK III
    20 Ft Enclosed Car Hauler

I was just looking at curb weights.

Not sure how accurate any of this is, but....

ZJ weights seem to range from 3500 to about 4300.

Autochannel.com lists the 5.9 at 4232. Doesn't say if thats with or without tow/skid packages thought.

2011 5.7 WK comes in at around 5150 per allpar.com. It doesn't mention the SRT8 specifically though.

I've been seeing a lot of New Gen hemi builds in the Mopar mags and they seem to respond well to even minor modding.

That drivetrain stuffed into a ZJ could be pretty interesting.

I know there's a lot of discussion about how much work that would take. If it didn't involve major framework it would be worth it - but of course trying to fit any kind of headers would probably suck

is trippn'
    I would like to see a factory stock showroom floor grand that ways 3500 lbs. The only grand i had/have under 4000 lbs was my first grand that i built back in 2004 or so. I weighted it before i done the teardown for the crawlwr build. It did not hae any interior butdriver seat and dash. Even with not carpet, no pass seats, no radio or speakers, no door panels with a 4" lift and 32" bf muds weighted 3950, and that was just the jeep. i had went inside for a printout. that was also with trimmed fenders and no bumper covers frt and back. no plastic inner fenders and i had also blowed the frt dshaft out of it so no frt shaft.

my 94' v8 limited grand with the chopped top, 5" lift with31" ltb swamppers weighted 4350 i think, or close anyway. that is lso no rear seats with the back half of the carpet out of it. i would say the average 5.9 limited with a 200lb driver wil come in at 4500-4600lbs. That weight is with the spare tire, jack, sound bar, deck cover, etc
    Last edited by speedmontzj; 02-23-2013 at 09:35 AM.

is trippn'
    The drivetrain swap would require a complete rebuild/ refabbing of the enginebay and trans tunnel. is it posible? sure, but it would require for u to really love your ZJ and have some money to spend. you would need to open the enginebay a good bit to get a genIII hemi in there.. i think the tunnel would need a good bit of work also. which side does the tcase drop on in a wk? i though t was pass side.

Those were weights I found online.

If you start with the 5.9 at approx 4232 with it's (slightly) better grade of leather, full size spare and sound bar.... like I said - don't know if skids and tow were counted.

...then deduct down to a 4.0 5spd or 2WD (I don't think they had both on the same vehicle) cloth manual seats, manual doors, no skids or towbar, no sunroof, no roof rack and maybe a 93 (less inner door reinforcement) and a Base Model with no cladding etc - I'd think you'd be getting down pretty close to that 3500 or at least a good couple of hundred lighter than a stock niner.
    Of course that's a 4.0 so anything 5.2 or 5.9 would weigh a little more.

I don't know about the New Gen hemi into a ZJ as I've only seem it done once on that Project Rhino.
    I could be wrong but I'm fairly convinced it could have been done with less work than he did - as long as the Jeep wasn't intended for making rough landings from a good height like his was. I'm sure it would require some frame work, but he was also going for a completely different front suspension setup and a real heavy duty driver so I think he went a lot further for suspension reinforcement than he would have needed just to bring the frame back up to strength.

I really don't know about the newer trannies either. I didn't think they were that much bigger than ours, but even if they were you could go with another trans. The WK trans and it's OD gears might be better for street use and mpgs etc but that's really the opposite of what you'd want for a dedicated track build. It might be a sales gimmick or a bit of an exageration but per SMRtrans the 3spd is worth close to a second in the 1/4 over the OD trannies - so a 727 or a 904 and you're good to go

is trippn'
    Srt8 has allwheel drive correct?

Quote Originally Posted by speedmontzj View Post
    Srt8 has allwheel drive correct?
    From the factory, yes I believe they all are.

In this vid that Mark posted it looks like they do pretty well without it though

That's a pretty acceptable launch if you ask me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoeFz...layer_embedded

is trippn'
    Ah ya, but i thought we were talking about putting drivetrain in a zj??.

i was the one wanting to do a 2wd conversion on my zj. i think there was a few saying it would not have enough traction because they will spin in 4wd. i have said from the time i started talking about 2wd'ing mine that they would hook just fine. i wish i could throw down the cash to go all n/a. if that wk will run 10:33 with 650 rwhp and its at full weight minus the 4wd stuff, it would get a zj all over the single digit number.

i think dropping the weight ( prolly 3-400lbs ) by losing the front drive and all that power robbing drag from the front drive would make it a good bit faster. i bet if it was still 4wd it would not run any faster than 10:50's with everything else being the same.

running an SRT8 engine/trans (even better, the new 392) with an 8.8 or 9" rear, full adjustable 4 link, and either fab your own IFS, or go with the 2wd beam axle, you could get a ZJ down in the 35-3600 range and run insane times all day.
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

is trippn'
    Ya z had brought that up in a thread somewhere. u could use anyone of the uni independant fronta-arm setups out the i think to convert it for the better handling. would require the front "frame" area to be rebuilt like a brick shithouse to stay together thou. would handle much better i think, but by the time you did the bracing need to support the setup, the stock beam suspension would be light by a good many pounds i think. well, unless you built some super lightweight drag only suspension, but i want to be able to atleast cruise down a back road without worrying about a pothole knocking the frontend out from under it.

it would be faster i think because of less weight and a lot less power lost in turning all that junk. I hope to see first hand if it is any better.

Quote Originally Posted by NoTime View Post
    I have the fastest ZJ in , but I know that don't count to you guys

Tim
    Probably had the fastest in Cali. The girlymen don't have tracks here, though, so I guess I'll never know...
    '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9er
    Southeast RT Blower Built 360 & CNC Ported 2.02 R/T Heads / COMP Cams Custom Cam / Crower Rockers / Edelbrock Headers / P&P Kegger / MSaine Valve Body / 247|249 Hybrid Transfer Case / Kolak Exhaust / Mopar Vulcanized Rubber Cupholder

oops... double post with passtime video.
    Last edited by x10radsponge; 02-26-2013 at 06:07 PM. Reason: doubled

Driver X (can't say who) has a 94 ZJ, the motor is a 5.2, swapped for a 5.9, that is really a 408.........good heads, he knew about the deshroud and other porting tricks, prob. a .575 supercharger cam, rear is locked, front is locked, launches with an 85 shot, 2nd plate is 200 shot, THIRD plate is 200 to 400 shot, it has two independent fuel systems........runs in the nines, I was told.....
    Captain of the Nine

Yeah that sounds real legit. Next time maybe post something concrete.
    Ross
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen4971 View Post
    Yeah that sounds real legit. Next time maybe post something concrete.
    I think you should race this car we know of for pinks, then you will have your "concrete"
    1998 Deep Slate 5.9L-SOLD to Diirty ZJ
    Build Thread Below
    http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...light=predator
    1998 Bright Platinum 5.9L-Predator9 DD
    Build Thread Below
    http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...ator-9-Part-II
    "Sometimes she goes and sometimes she doesen't, cause thats the fuking way she goes boys." -Trailer Park Boys

RallyJeep GO
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the best 60' time recorded for a ZJ is?
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy MA-X heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

Lol "for pinks"
    Ross