Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is the fastest Grand Cherokee?

What are the times for the fastest ZJ? And what is the fastest Grand Cherokee? I thought I have seen it on here but now i can't find it again.
    No replacement for displacement!

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo ZJ
    360 Stroker, 408c.i.

afaik its daryll. he was recorded at 10.8, but IIRC he's run 10.6's? and now is going TT
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

ZJs is Daryl but there are some TT SRT8s that are faster. You can find them on YouTube.
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Black Pearl" totaled
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"
    "No Officer, all four tire tracks are mine, it WAS all wheel drive......yes ma'am Im aware this structure is normally used to 'park' cars"

I'm assuming we're talking ZJs here.

Found this, Daryl at 10.76, although I thought he had one slightly quicker by a tenth or a few

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/1537929

I've seen one on 1/4miletimes.com in the 11s and heard rumors that there were two to three others running sub 11s but have never been able to confirm that.

There's a bunch more in the stickies at the top of this section ^

is trippn'
    i have talked with daryl a couple times back and forth in the last month or 2. i want to say it has been in the 10's with his vortech combo but i may be wrong on that. i will look back and see because we were talkiing about his combo and times and such.

Quote Originally Posted by speedmontzj View Post
    i have talked with daryl a couple times back and forth in the last month or 2. i want to say it has been in the 10's with his vortech combo but i may be wrong on that. i will look back and see because we were talkiing about his combo and times and such.

omgwtf we just said that! ^ Twice!!!

siiiiiiigh....

I am now officially in a snit!

He did roughly 10.88 on Pass Time IIRC, and I thought he was 10.6 or even a bit lower but the lowest I could find on his pictrail thread was that 10.76 ^ I posted.

That was the Vortech'd 408w/ nitrous and FAST engine management

Like I said Daryl's is the only sub-11 ZJ I have been able to confirm but there's rumors of a couple more
    Last edited by Z88Z; 02-20-2013 at 01:22 PM.

is trippn'
    Just checked.

11.1 @ 128 on 13lbs of boost. said torque converter was not right on that run.

Quote Originally Posted by speedmontzj View Post
    Just checked.

11.1 @ 128 on 13lbs of boost. said torque converter was not right on that run.

Are we talking about the same Daryl - aka qwikzj?

See above.

99.997% sure that is his pictrail thread I linked to with a couple of slips in the 10s, and I swore he did better than 11.1 on pass time.

is trippn'
    Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    omgwtf we just said that! ^ Twice!!!

siiiiiiigh....

I am now officially in a snit!

He did roughly 10.88 on Pass Time IIRC, and I thought he was 10.6 or even a bit lower but the lowest I could find on his pictrail thread was that 10.76 ^ I posted.

That was the Vortech'd 408w/ nitrous and FAST engine managem

Like I said Daryl's is the only sub-11 ZJ I have been able to confirm but there's rumors of a couple more

What? u said what twiice?

I was just talking with DARYL about the stuff he had forsale, his jeep, and my pos i bought. the 11.1 is what he told me was his fastest time.

omgwtf are u talking about??

is trippn'
    Yes, i guess. idont know.

i am talking to the quickzj/daryl that is on here.

We mentioned him several times - in fact he's about the only one that's been mentioned.

Ross said it on the 15th, post #2, and I said it yesterday, post #4 w/ link to his time slips, that's he's sub 11s.

Not sure why he would tell you he's slower than he is but here's proof positive...

Lousy quality vid of him on Pass Time doing 10.87. Per Daryl that was a hot lap and no burnout allowed so it wasn't as fast as he'd would've been with normal prep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkP6MTtWp6g
    Last edited by Z88Z; 02-20-2013 at 01:45 PM.

is trippn'
    Oh well i was answering the ****ing question. i scaned thru but i just gave my annswer. next ****ing time ill keep my ****ing mouth shut.

I was talking to daryl about buying his old setup. i asked what was the fastest times it ran and at what weight. that is the time he told me was 11.1. i would say the weight, but im sure there is no need in me ****ing repeating that either.
    Last edited by speedmontzj; 02-20-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Now now, I was mostly LOLing with you, but we had posted his times up there.

I'm thinking he told you that time based on the stuff he was selling rather than his best time ever - so that kind of makes sense.

What was his weight? I don't think I've ever seen any reference to that.

I have nothing to base this on as I don't think he said much about what if any weight reduction he'd done - but I thought his was pretty much intact, but maybe minus rear seats or something, although I'd think he would have had to add a roll bar maybe?

is trippn'
    Wel i asked him best times with that setup.

aas he full weight or did he have some weight reduction.

would u like for me to copy / paste the email for proof to make sure i get it word for word correct?

He kinda did a rundown of dyno power with stock bottom and heads. stock bottom with heads and fi. 408 and fi. he give me a couple times on them also.

ITHINK HE TOLD ME ....because when i first looked back at the email i was waisting 3hrs of my life waiting to bullshit with a dr, that the last time he scaled it, it was around 4300. Have to look back on cage.

i might have that all wrong. i might even have messed the time he typed. but you know what, he might have his fastest time wrong..h ell i think im just going to send him an email saying he dont know what the **** he is talking about. That y** told me that he is ****ing wrong his fastest time is not 11.1 its 10.80 he should get his shit together her next time.

I'll ask hime if he cares that i post them here or would he please come give a final answer so i'll quit running my dick hole

jeez louise take it easy!!

I told you I was mostly messing around.

I have a feeling he was quoting what he had for times at different levels of mods and what you could expect with the same mods using his parts. Maybe that's it?

The Pass Time vid clearly shows the time on it, and the pic I linked to was HIS time slip on HIS pic trail thread - so I don't know where the discrepancy is. I don't even care at this point, although I'd love to hear more about his weight and cage stuff etc.

Remember, we're all in this together brother!

maybe he was saying best time before the 408/FAST?

who knows. either way, he's fast as ****.
    Ross
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

I have the fastest ZJ in , but I know that don't count to you guys

Tim
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Platinum - 408 SC Sleeper ( 7.49 / 11.? )
    2012 RAM - Tow Vehicle
    2007 GC SRT8 Daily Driver
    2003 TJ Rubicon Inca Gold - Trail blaster
    1973 Trumph GT6 MK III
    20 Ft Enclosed Car Hauler

is trippn'
    Quote Originally Posted by Saleen4971 View Post
    maybe he was saying best time before the 408/FAST?

who knows. either way, he's fast as ****.

i just looked back at his email but my ****ing phone will not let me copy off an email to paste. this tbing is way smarer than i am. anyway his words were

408 has been good except eddy heads leaking water. best tim i ran with that blower setup was 11.1 at 123. i think it would have ran faster with the trq converter restalled for the 408. thats ll i will quote 2 without him saying it is ok for me to post his email..

so take that for what it is worth cause i have no idea what the **** i'm talking about.
    Last edited by speedmontzj; 02-21-2013 at 08:19 AM.

is trippn'
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTime View Post

Tim
    dont worry alabama is what you have left floating around in the toilet after you flush canada down. so we both smell like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by NoTime View Post

Tim
    Well, it would count, but you guys are on metric time up there, so it's not the same thing

I was thinking any Grand not just ZJ.
    No replacement for displacement!

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo ZJ
    360 Stroker, 408c.i.

Fastest "Cherokee" is Mark Blair....8.40s
    Captain of the Nine

There are a couple srt8 wk's in the 9s
    Ross

is trippn'
    If u throw all grands together, the fastest zj is prolly not even in thetop 20 then. tons of wk's faster than zjs.

imhdao i would seperate them. you have a completely new platform with a completely new powerpant trying to move basically the same weight brick down the road. stock 5.9zj had what 240hp. Astock srt8 has what 500hp?. Sarting with double the power with almost same weighy?

is trippn'
    Hell how close are they stock??

It would take throwing a few grand at a zj to get it close to an srt8 wk would it not?