approx. cost for supercharger

Hey all,

Fairly new to speed (coming from offroading, where everything is relatively cheap), so I'm looking I'm for an approximate price on a supercharger/intercooler kit on my 9er. I think I saw about $6k, but what do I need for a successful setup?

Advice is appreciated guys!
    -Evan
    We Are The Disease
    Slate Grey 5.9

well the main items that you need (blower and brackets) will be used, so they can vary.

my setup is not intercooled, and i traded for a couple parts, on top of the all but free blower head unit (payed $25 ) and i spent about a grand

6 grand? i would be ashamed if i had spent that much! 2 or 3, sure. but 6?!?!?!
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen4971 View Post
    well the main items that you need (blower and brackets) will be used, so they can vary.

my setup is not intercooled, and i traded for a couple parts, on top of the all but free blower head unit (payed $25 ) and i spent about a grand

6 grand? i would be ashamed if i had spent that much! 2 or 3, sure. but 6?!?!?!
    Hmm dunno where I saw that! Haha so about 1K then? Awesome! That's not much more than I paid for my last lift! How much would you estimate for an intercooler?

...wait. How does your system run without an intercooler? Wouldn't that be pretty hot?
    We Are The Disease
    Slate Grey 5.9

You might have been thinking the SC intercooler systems for the WK SRT8 Jeep ( that you can still buy new for 6k )

The older 5.9 / 5.2 systems were just SC only and yes you would have to buy used, then with a 2 bar map and 42lb injectors and a SCT tune you would be good to go ( maybe a better fuel pump )

Most of those systems to cool things down use a Meth injection kit ( also can give you more octaine ) I have managed to put a Water to Air IC on mine but most dont bother.
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Platinum - 408 SC Sleeper ( 7.49 / 11.? )
    2012 RAM - Tow Vehicle
    2007 GC SRT8 Daily Driver
    2003 TJ Rubicon Inca Gold - Trail blaster
    1973 Trumph GT6 MK III
    20 Ft Enclosed Car Hauler

i run 12# right now. centri blowers run cooler than turbos and roots type.

meth injection is cheaper than a W2A intercooler.

blower, brackets, airhat, inlet, charge tube, filter, belt, idler, 255 or better fuel pump, 2 bar MAP, SCT and you're done
    Ross
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

What blower is required for a niner? Since superchargers are so hard to find, it's maybe better to assembly your own kit. If that is possible? Ideas anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Hmm dunno where I saw that! Haha so about 1K then? Awesome!

That's not a good figure to base it on - remember, Ross/Saleen said he traded some parts and he also got his head unit free and that's the money piece.

I'd expect closer to $1,500 just for a used blower setup used. You might find something in that ballpark that doesn't need a rebuilt head unit.

Then add the fuel system upgrades, meth/water kits, injectors, tuner.

Most people go with the Vortech. There's Procharger etc but I'll let the experts get into that.

The key piece for us is the bracket for our Magnum motors, which is no longer made - once you have that you can piece the rest of the system together

i might know where you can get a kenne bell with all the do dads to make it work. injectors, brackets, pulleys, sct... ect..

J(Just)E(Empty)E(Every)P(Pocket)

03' Durango R/T---All Stock, for now!
    Slate 5.9er--- 210 Cam, EQ heads, Air Gap, 52mm TB, 24# injectors, & Hemifever Juiced UP!.
    03 ram "hemi"

KB on our trucks is not easy. IIRC its only been done twice - maybe 3 times.

the hard part to get is the bracket and spacer. everything else is easy. head units are readily available, injectors, MAP and fuel pump, SCT tuner (which is getting harder to find afaik)

john- my head unit wasnt FREE. it cost me $28 to get it shipped
    Ross

Ignition system should be upgraded as well. MSD or Crane Cams ignition box and coil is the right stuff.
    SCT X3. Custom cam. Crane gold race roller rockers. Fully ported 2.02 R/T heads.. Mike Leach Headers. Full 3" cat back exhaust. Custom full return fuel system. Aeromotive 340 in-tank fuel pump. Aeromotive dual port adjustable fuel regulator. Holley 2 x 52mm TB. High stall torque converter 2800 . 24# Bosch Ford Racing injectors. MSD ignition box and coil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coil wires and plugs. Boxes are unnecessary.
    Ross

....john- my head unit wasnt FREE. it cost me $28 to get it shipped

LOL! Yes but if you were to buy it separately it would have been how much?

Plus - I'm trying to remember what the Vortech head unit rebuild price was. I believe I've seen it quoted before but I didn't see it on their site...

Coil wires and plugs. Boxes are unnecessary.

Ya, I'm hearing the new ignition systems are pretty tits and a lot of the GM guys etc don't both with upgraded boxes etc.

I believe the boxes with the retard knob (LOL) originally were necessary before SCT came out as I think that was the only way to get the different ranges of timing needed for both full boost and DD driving.

With the arrival of SCT the tard knob and vacc monitoring pressure regulator aren't needed anymore - correct?

thanks to SCT, we dont need retard boxes or FMU's

if i bought it new? like 1700 bucks.

rebuild prices ive heard 200-700 depending on whats needed. i intend on doing it myself when needed
    Ross