Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Project Marvel

Hahaha the fender you see in that picture had a couple spots from being jazzed up that were hitting the tire. Other than that all is good. I rub LCAs at full lock but I always did with these tires. The ride is awesome. It has a little bounce to it so in thinking of looking for a stiffer shock but it's nothing that needs immediate attention.
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Black Pearl" totaled
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"
    "No Officer, all four tire tracks are mine, it WAS all wheel drive......yes ma'am Im aware this structure is normally used to 'park' cars"

Better or worse ride than the ones I have now?

Better. They just need the right partner I think.
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"
    "No Officer, all four tire tracks are mine, it WAS all wheel drive......yes ma'am Im aware this structure is normally used to 'park' cars"

Quote Originally Posted by lilbullie5.9 View Post
    Hahaha the fender you see in that picture had a couple spots from being jazzed up that were hitting the tire. Other than that all is good. I rub LCAs at full lock but I always did with these tires. The ride is awesome. It has a little bounce to it so in thinking of looking for a stiffer shock but it's nothing that needs immediate attention.
    I rub LCAs on my 255/65/18 Scorpion ATR's at lock, but when I box them I'll also clearance them (cut some metal off). Also have 255/55/18 Scorpion ATRs waiting for these to wear out, which might not rub regardless.

Wasn't that fender jazzed up before the new Eibachs? I thought I saw that in an earlier photo... or is there something new?

My Eibachs just showed up (hurray?). I wonder WTF happened with all Eibach's literature saying 1" drop F&R. Maybe that's why they were discontinued. Guess I could BB my lowering springs, but that just seems wrong. Better to get other stiff springs and cut them to the height I want.

Just to make sure, what are the numbers written on your springs? My box is labeled 2832.540, the front springs are marked 2832002, and 46/98, and rear are 2832001, 11/99. I may have read somewhere there were two versions made... maybe one was for I6 motors, and I'm wondering if that's what we got... your rear sure looks low, but did you measure?

Didnt measure rear. Front hub to fender is 16.5" According to Tanner at eibach who refused to give McCoud info they are a 1.1" drop. I thought I read about two versions but they could not confirm because no PN for me to go off. Yes the fender was messed up before so thats why it had to get "fixed". These tires are a 265/65/18. My 255/55/18s had no rub on the springs I sent to McCloud that he is now running.
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"

M-1!!!! Is there a reason WHY someone wouldn't want to elaborate on that? I missed something along the way. You've been busy the last couple years I see! I'm trying to catch up between all the hair pulling my girls like to do. The niner looks great. Like the look with the door trims removed. Rims are a sweet addition as well, and I know I showed up late. My fault.
    Last edited by JeepinJon 5.9; 03-02-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Ghey!
    Resident speeding ticket whore

If I offend anyone tonight, I apologize. That's not my intention. I'm not going to guess what your personal line of decency is. I cross my own from time to time. It's how I know I still have one.

Shhhhhh image.jpg
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"

care to share with us your progress ?
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap, aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, tcase skid, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/TommyVercettism/videos