Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    RallyJeep GO
    The exhaust mount on most ZJs is on the trans mount bracket, not the trans mount itself, so the ironman one should work fine.
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy 2.02 heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

I'm just going by what Andy told me.
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Black Pearl" totaled
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"
    "No Officer, all four tire tracks are mine, it WAS all wheel drive......yes ma'am Im aware this structure is normally used to 'park' cars"

Quote Originally Posted by JeepinJon 5.9 View Post
    .... I told the guy that im a new member here and he brought up kolak? Gave me a phone number but turned out to be a random chicks cell. i left a message for her see if she bites?lol

Also ordering tranny and motor mounts from ironman anyone have them on ? .....
    Nick/Kolak: 480 998 3661. I think that's still good?

If the chick calls back and she's hot and she likes older men - give her my number.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbullie5.9 View Post
    Tranny mount doesn't work wy brethren. Unless you don't have the one with the exhaust hanger attached. I ordered the MM still waiting t install.
    Quote Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
    The exhaust mount on most ZJs is on the trans mount bracket, not the trans mount itself, so the ironman one should work fine.
    What Rob said ^

I don't know why Andy even has that on there cuz afaik there aren't any ZJs with the exhaust hanger on the trans mount. Unless on the 6 cyls or something...

FYI - not exactly relative to this subject for most of us, but I/we/some of us/LOL just recently found out the "early ZJ 5.2 46RH sideways mount setup" can be upgraded easily to the later "normal" 44/46RE trans mount by just using the trans bracket/trans mount/trans crossmember from a 96 to 98 5.2/5.9 (the mounting holes are there but in some early 46RHs they have to be tapped, but later ones came through with tapped holes, so it's all bolt on)
    So early ZJ 5.2 guys can use Andy's nice trans mount if they upgrade to the later trans mount and xmember)

I was going to buy the mount and Andy specifically said dont. Kinda sucks because had I known he facts I'd have bought it.
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"
    "No Officer, all four tire tracks are mine, it WAS all wheel drive......yes ma'am Im aware this structure is normally used to 'park' cars"

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post

I don't know why Andy even has that on there cuz afaik there aren't any ZJs with the exhaust hanger on the trans mount. Unless on the 6 cyls or something...
    I have one............................................... DAMMIT JOHN LOOK AT MY PICS!!!!!
    1998 Deep Slate 5.9L-SOLD to Diirty ZJ
    Build Thread Below
    http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...light=predator
    1998 Bright Platinum 5.9L-Predator9 DD
    Build Thread Below
    http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...ator-9-Part-II
    "Sometimes she goes and sometimes she doesen't, cause thats the fuking way she goes boys." -Trailer Park Boys

Well I just checked mine and I really wish I had done that when I had the chance($$$) to get one. Sure a s shit its attached to the bracket not actual mount.
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"

So 1. i ordered the mounts and i hope they work for $2and change.
    2. Intake is out .You guys were right "lifted" right off .
    3. On 2 pushrods the carbon was rubbed off, on does this mean their bent?
    4. Should i get a better water pump?
    5. gotta open a photopucket acct.

smashed a tiny sensor to sadaam in the front of the intake any clues

'98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"

nope its under that heater hose small little bastard

sorry got stuck reading last helo out of hanoi.The ending made me cry.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...m/IMG_3700.jpg that little guy with the whitish top on the passenger side of the manifold?
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"

oui thats the one! wanna here someting stupid? well im gonna tell you my rookie mistake.That pulley ,for the water pump,i thought that bolt above it needed to come off to take that bracket off where the alt.and junk goes (which is gonna get blasted and sprayed )anyway was using a wratchtctctctcing wrentence to save time, and backed the focker up to that pulley pima. So ya i wont do that again

btw the picture looked kinda funny to me... why 2 oil caps?

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...m/IMG_3700.jpg that little guy with the whitish top on the passenger side of the manifold?
    oui thats the one! wanna here someting stupid? well im gonna tell you my rookie mistake.That pulley ,for the water pump,i thought that bolt above it needed to come off to take that bracket off where the alt.and junk goes (which is gonna get blasted and sprayed )anyway was using a wratchtctctctcing wrentence to save time, and backed the focker up to that pulley pima. So ya i wont do that again
    btw the picture looked kinda funny to me... why 2 oil caps?

I was all confused looking at the pic cuz I thought this was a niner, LOL. What year ZJ is this?

I don't think it was answered yet but that is your water temp sender - and if I remember my early ZJs the white one under the heater hose is only for the gauge. The black one in front of the intake is the one that gives water temp to the PCM for the EFI. (when Jeep went to OBD2 they got rid of the one in front of the intake and the one where you broke yours feeds the PCM and the PCM sends the info to the gauge)

Good luck getting the right one from vato zone I seem to remember going through this and them being confused by there being two of them. Check it but I'm pretty sure the one you need only has on contact inside it - the "wrong" one for the EFI should have two. Try the autoparts stores but you might have to go to Jeep for that one.

I'm guessing either the motor - or just the valve cover is a replacement from a Dodge as their's were left side oil cap. How many outlets on the right/pass side of your intake? - I'm wondering if it's a whole Dodge motor cuz the routing off the front of your TB doesn't look like I remember, but I could be off on that.

ciao gotta fly - later

I found this pic online. I have no clue whats going on there but its got the visuals we need. Like Z said pretty sure it a water temp sensor. Id do jeep for that one.
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"

Ok photobucket acct. check. Cord to plug in camera?FML. Long day of zero accomplishments. Waiting for more parts. Going to the machine shop with the tb and kegger armed with tons of tips thanks to RINGS CB Project Going to steal alot of thoes ideas. Man,. its too good not to.....only on pg 14

I found this pic online. I have no clue whats going on there but its got the visuals we need. Like Z said pretty sure it a water temp sensor. Id do jeep for that one.
    That's makes sense - and I forgot, since he's JeepinJon5.9 - I guess we are talking about a niner! LOL

So in that case you DO want the temp sensor that has two prongs

Well since all my parts are on order do you guys think i should pick up any other parts for the hog? ive been addicted to cutouts the last 3 days,does anyone out there have this on their DD and whats the legality of them? they sure soumd nasty!
    Also what is the point of a "Turtle" on your plemunm?
    Last edited by JeepinJon 5.9; 02-04-2013 at 06:01 AM.

How about thoes Ravens? Everyone still sleeping like they partied with Ray Lewis?

IMG_20130204_145755.jpgIMG_20130204_145748.jpg
    Well since all my parts are on order do you guys think i should pick up any other parts for the hog? ive been addicted to cutouts the last 3 days,does anyone out there have this on their DD and whats the legality of them? they sure soumd nasty!
    Also what is the point of a "Turtle" on your plemunm?
    Not sure about law enforcement but here is the inspection regulations.
    currently jeepless.

Nice so mee thinks i pass i have a muffler...

How about thoes Ravens? Everyone still sleeping like they partied with Ray Lewis?
    directs flow
    1998 Deep Slate 5.9L-SOLD to Diirty ZJ
    Build Thread Below
    http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...light=predator
    1998 Bright Platinum 5.9L-Predator9 DD
    Build Thread Below
    http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...ator-9-Part-II
    "Sometimes she goes and sometimes she doesen't, cause thats the fuking way she goes boys." -Trailer Park Boys

out before the cat,no?

I was just talkin to a buddy of mine that got me into jeeps he told me to forget the cutout and get a 100 shot can these trannys handle that stock?