Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thumbs down

Did you broke it?
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Black Pearl" totaled
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"
    "No Officer, all four tire tracks are mine, it WAS all wheel drive......yes ma'am Im aware this structure is normally used to 'park' cars"

Well no, not the jeep, worse the camera. my dumbass was trying to get pictures of this damn build on here and somehow deleted everything, Brought the G.D thing to my mom to try to get them back.Hopefully she can fix it before the gf finds out. Im screwed. guys, we have TWO births on there... so deep breaths and no smoking marlbs. On a lighter note, i got motor mounts and tranny mount. Pretty goddamn beefy. i like the color,how close is it to mopar blue? Want to do some engine detailing with a blue/silver/black but im kinda indecisive. waiting on flowkooler 1790 waterpump then this pig is going back together.Wish me luck on thoes pictures

Dude really good techies can get a lot of stuff back. So hopefully if the mother unit cant fix it some geek shop can. Seriously I love the mounts. All I did for painting them was scuff them really hard with scotch-brite and make little caps out of tape for the rubbers. When I pull the timing cover Im going to do the flowkooler also. While you have it off you might want to check the timing cover gasket or even just go ahead and do it. Theyre prone to crap out.
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Black Pearl" totaled
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"
    "No Officer, all four tire tracks are mine, it WAS all wheel drive......yes ma'am Im aware this structure is normally used to 'park' cars"

Bump^ <(What does that even mean?)

So pictures are a loss I believe. Anyone in the western mass area want to show me how to get pictures on a computer? Ill send em from a phone 2 someone just to get some stuff on here.I don't have a touchscreen.

Painted trans and motor mount, valve covers, water pump, almost all the brackets that i could get to, alt too.

Pulled off cap and rotor. Have total accel upgrade. Heat shields gone, those kinda sucked .

Manifolds are off, ALL The bolts came out with a littlePB blaster-i couldn't believe it!!! The coolest ting so far.i was dreading breaking more bolts.

Did trans mount. Do not like new hardware so modded stock mount -again need pics up. Scraping oil/crud from undercarriage, WOW It Looks like all i needed was new valve cover gaskets the way that it looks down here, but doesn't explain the pinging.

Did new trans filter and gasket. Fml Found a broken i dont know what on the magnet.Who knows a good tranny guy?Preferably post op. lol. Until then i'm driving it until it blows.

Waiting on Doug Thorley's to come in because in a whim after the taxes came in I ordered a set thanks to the thread by mexijeeper...sweet cuz the site i found was 8 and change.

Needed to order new fuel rails from hipotec cuz somehow i dented the drivers side taking it off. Oh well - add a little bling for now until i go for H.P down the line. Want to be n/a all the way.Is it possible to get big power without a turbo or s.c on there?

Vacuumed the inside, Ring-I have a husky if you want to discuss discuss dog hair in jeep carpets. Lmfao, yeah its a pain in the balls, but i love him. I thought i would toss that in there.Saw what agony he was in when he detailed his when he got it from the p.o who nickname is asshloe now.Ha.

Kinda wondering if i am doing the right thing by doing all this work. PPL around these parts are really cramping the syle of the niner lately. Good thing is... I DO WHAT I WANT !

Got the t.b assembled again, don't think that I F*cked that up.

I picked up a new belly pan. Don't want this bitch to leak anywhere. Gonna wait to do that because I want new oil pump and windage tray,but the transmission goodies that i found put a hamper on that. Don't know any prices on those things-Help?-would like to do it while the exhaust is out of the way but i guess it can wait -unless someone says different on here.Kinda want to paint the pan too. I have a week until the headers come in. Ground shipping blows from Cali. Ya know what doesn't suck from Cali???LOL.!

What do you guys think about that? Its been a couple weeks but i think this build is about to wrap up stage 1-Thanks for all the input on this guys it really kept me from going all nutty and shit. Really, you dont understand.i THANK YOU ALL ON THIS SITE FOR YOUR PREVIOUS HEADACHES THAT YOU HAVE DOCUMENTED ON HERE. Without it I would have sold this thing. Cant wait to get some pics added to the build, and hopefully with some rookie mistakes that I made will save some people time and money.
    Last edited by JeepinJon 5.9; 03-01-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepinJon 5.9 View Post
    So pictures are a loss I believe. Anyone in the western mass area want to show me how to get pictures on a computer? Ill send em from a phone 2 someone just to get some stuff on here.I don't have a touchscreen......
    Dumb question but, - have you tried emailing them to yourself?

I can do that even with my primitive flip phone, so you should be able to - I think

HEADERS ARE HERE!!! I promise there will be pictures on this thread next time im on,or jeep gods strike me down!

So i lied about the pictures and im getting raped. Drove the jeep home runs real shitty, no clue what it is. As soon as i let off the gas it almost dies out then will catch again. Any input guys?

Need more info.

Are the headers on? If they are, any chance the O2 sensor wiring got moved and is grounding out?

Other than that, maybe IAC problems?

Sorry z Kinda got real busy with the kids, The headers are on and yes the o2 got moved but i dont think its groundding out. How can i tell ? Also with the iac- thats the guy that I probably wiped clean with the Kung fu grip yes? And i m pretty sure i read after that you can barely touch the booger. Kinda dark out now but anything will help.

Sorry it took so long for the first picture guys,how many of you doubted this build without any pics? Just got a new phone so plenty more to come tomorrow. Hope they look o.k
    Attached Images Attached Images

Headers! Can a Mod move this for me to the correct home?Now that I can get pictures up I feel that it is worthy of the SF Project page....Under " Had 2 Kids"
    Last edited by JeepinJon 5.9; 04-07-2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Cant type on this space phone-fingers too fat!!!

OMG - had no idea you did the color theme thing.

That looks absolutely ballserific!

That's one of my favorite things to see the members do besides the performance work itself. I see tons of nice custom cars in the Mopar mags and it's this kind of attention to detail that really makes it stick out!

Now, as far as moving this - do you want the whole thing moved and renamed, or just certain posts or what?

I can do it but depending on what you need it might take a couple of days to get around to it

Um I guess take from where the pictures start the rest is just minor details!!! Lol

New platinum battery 8 year warranty sweet
    .Attachment 4892

So after two years or so i'm back to haunt you and I think that it has been too long. I have some catching up to do. Jeep came home on a flatbed today...think I blew the front axle seal on the driver side, gear oil all over the place. Somehow it pooled near the knn cone. Other than that the jeeps still great, hit the exempt emissions 15 year mark so I went to get the cat cutout. Sounds good. Anyone out there do inspection testing I just registered in mass and need and inspection in 7 days I believe Ill be sure to get some pics up asap of the carnage. Hope all is well and everyone still is going strong!

Well I have no clue what went wrong with the front end so since I don't know anyone out here in shitsfield I decided to button her back up. The paint will fix the mechanical issues right?!?2015-03-01 14.46.54.jpg.
    Heres my parts washer,2015-03-01 10.33.33.jpg.Man was the wife pissed when she got home. Kitchen smelled like serious gear oil. Heres my paint booth,2015-03-01 10.35.36.jpg. And heres a shot of the new pipe put on.2015-03-01 14.47.55.jpg2015-03-01 14.48.33.jpg Went with a 2.5 from the header flange to the manaflow. Got into a "fight" with the guy at the shop because he's been doing this for 20 years and a 3" wont fit/didn't come on ANY jeep, and it would be too big. I told him to do a little more research. He said I was a stupid kid and didn't know my shit. Oh well - i'm used to being called a dumbass my entire life. Why should the fat guy at the muffler shop be any different? Can a mod move this for me to "Project 2 Kids" I don't feel it appropriate to be in performance mode since I am a LONG way from having $ for that.
    Last edited by JeepinJon 5.9; 03-03-2015 at 01:36 PM.

Did you try a Lou's Custom shop?

They put a Kolak 3" cat-back kit on one of mine and made a 3" for another one.

Nope went to a local guy right around the corner from my house because I was pushing my luck with my inspection sticker not being there. On a side note the jeep isn't binding up on me anymore...4 new tires and all seems well hopefully I can score that intake and a few other goodies out you way Z and go from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope went to a local guy right around the corner from my house because I was pushing my luck with my inspection sticker not being there. On a side note the jeep isn't binding up on me anymore...4 new tires and all seems well hopefully I can score that intake and a few other goodies out you way Z and go from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Bought a "new" slate Niner today! Owned by Grandma since 04. She bought it with 60K on the dash, now just over 90. 30,000 in 12 years WHAT?!!? FTW!! Interior is a 8/10. Mechanically she felt like a solid 7.5! Couldn't pass it up for 4 grand. Tried to get her down a couple hundred but the little lady was more stubborn than I am. Pictures to come when I pick the girl up. Hopefully I did good. Couple normal issues- Driver mirror glass, sunroof starting to slow down, drivers seat motor almost dead.. The Platinum is still going strong at 198,000 really want to see 200 before I park her to rest and maybe do a heart transplant. Only question is... should I molest the new one or not? Will be trolling again for some good input! Good to see you senior citizens on here still!!!!

Congrats. I'd fix the normal stuff and leave it alone.

Hmm yeah, I would keep a low mile niner in good shape.
    1998 Jeep 5.9- Slate Black

Kinda depends on the condition of both.

At 200k you're going to be putting work into the platinum, so you could mod it at the same time and leave the slate one stock...

Or depending on what kind of shape the plat is in, like if it's starting to get rusty etc you could DD it for the winter and driving on the salty roads and build the low mile one and use it in better weather.

Just my two cents... That's what I'm doing with my stone white - should be hitting 200k within a week or so but it's got too much rust to do anything with so I'm just gonna drive it through the winter and then probably get rid of it

Getting mine back on the road next week hopefully, cracked flexplate. Congrats on your purchase
    Greenville,SC
    08 black charger r/t with R&T package(most r/t`s don`t have this)
    10 black mopar 10 Speedfactory challenger,1of1,544hp
    89 black dodge daytona shelby[400hp]
    98 black (deep slate) jeep 5.9