Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    So there is "no" plates top or bottom where that tube meets the floor?? It looks like it is welded to the floor ( and no where neer the unibody "frame" rale )

Not sure if that would pass tech.
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Platinum - 408 SC Sleeper ( 7.49 / 11.? )
    2012 RAM - Tow Vehicle
    2007 GC SRT8 Daily Driver
    2003 TJ Rubicon Inca Gold - Trail blaster
    1973 Trumph GT6 MK III
    20 Ft Enclosed Car Hauler

is trippn'
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTime View Post
    So there is "no" plates top or bottom where that tube meets the floor?? It looks like it is welded to the floor ( and no where neer the unibody "frame" rale )

Not sure if that would pass tech.

ya it has plates welded to the floor with the cage tubing "welded" to it, well the back does anyway. i'm guessing that the plates have the same kind of "welding" done to them thou. its hard to see the b piliar and door bars. they ( KRC ) must have picked the carpet up after they ran the bar thru and "welded" the cage with the carpet still in the jeep. there is only a hole for the tubing and not a cut on them like the back. so to see them i will have to raise the carpet up.

i'm sure with that kind of artwork holding everything together, it would not pass tech. the design itself would be ok i think. 4th gens have no frame in the trunk area and they will pass tech along with all the imports. i'm thinking with it being a unibody, as long as it has the proper size plates under the cage tubing, it would pass since they don't have a "frame" so to speak. I will be pulling the carpet now and checking everything to make sure it is right. when i get everything checked out, i will grind that birdshit out of there and tig weld everything back in. that will be the best time to redo the door bars, add a harness bar and some kind of bracing, either inside or under it, to try and stiffen the chassis up instead of doing all of that twice.

i hope to be tossing the tcase and front drive axle for a beam. that will put a ton of stress on the rear suspension mounting points and surrounding area when coming out of the hole hard. adding a manual trans will only compound the problem even more. part of the body was not designed for that kind of stress in that area so i want to try and spread that load over more of the body. maybe add a crossmember where the cage mounts to the body and a brace to both sides where the b-piliar bars mount to the body. i would also like to plate the suspension mounts to make them a little beefier and tie them into the rear cage bars, b-pillars, and suspension mounting points are all tied together. that should ( i think ) transfer some of that load of launching towards the front. maybe that will help traction and make the body last longer. any of the offroad guys will tell you after beating on a grand by flexing the body hard, ( big axles, tires, and suspension flex ) the rear hatch and doors will start not wanting to close and mounts will start breaking off.

i also have to do something about the fuel lines being inside the cab and no fuel cell vent. i haven't really put much thought into that yet. if i ever wanted to add some mini tubs, that would be the perfect time, and i could just run a box all the way across to cover fuel lines and such, putting them outside. the jeep looks to good, inside and out, to have that halfassed stuff in there like that shity welding. just because it is covered up does not mean it can't function and look right. i need to find someone to do me a concept drawing kinda thing of it as a drag deal and a protouring deal.

anybody know a place were i could get that done? done a little looking, but can't find anything really.
    Last edited by speedmontzj; 02-08-2013 at 10:11 AM.

is trippn'
    found a place http://1320media.com/

says they do Illustration and Renderings. gonna check them out next week and see what the cost is. would be pretty cool to have one of the fastjeep

good christ, man....
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

The hybrid we put in one of our XJs my cage will be similar but with less tube. We are narrowing the front valance and removed the front fenders on this XJ too. It looks mean.
    Z88Z. .512/.512 110lsa cam, 1.65 roller rockers, EQ Monster Magnum heads, AirGap, 52mm TB, 24lbs injectors, aluminum fuel rails, mopar headers, K&N, Kolak ignition, SCT tuned. firepunk built 46RE with MSaine VB and converter. 44/8.8" 4.56 gears and locked with RCVs and Yukon super 88. PAC racing jeepspeed coils. caged. 35" MT/Rs