is trippn'

ok boys and girls , got a price on a kit from the supercharger store f1 and a f1r and hp #'s

Ok to strt out with the kits

an f1 kit with cog belt drive is 5865.00

An f1r kit that will support1300hp is 6325.00

He said they used a 318magnum stockblock with a girdle on stock main caps, with oftb rhs x heads and diamond pistons hbeams and forged stock stroke crank. made 663hp at 6000 rpm. that is around 323 ci or so on I THINK, DON'T QUOTE ME 12lbs. turned it up to 18 and mde 740hp. that was with a p1sc.

with a 3.79" or 4" stroke crank in a 318 i could easily make my forced induction hp goal. he also said most of their customers iuse stock blocks unless they are serious racers.

Looks lije i will be pulling theheads of the fast jeep over thanksgiving holiday. i'm riding around at work with a hardon just thinking about blowjob...... for my motor.
    Last edited by speedmontzj; 11-19-2012 at 08:19 AM.

RallyJeep GO
    Sweet! I'd think the stock block will handle more power under boost than NA, as you wouldn't be revving it as high.
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy 2.02 heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

is trippn'
    Ya could make peak power at 6000rpm instead of reving it to u8000rpm. would make the motor last a lot longer. Would also make the valvetrain last a lot longer. course you would have to run good parts. man i want it right now .lol

I use the Hughes crank girdle and the Hughes Valve girdle............... and those hp figures are at the motor,, not to the ground.

Tim

My motor likes getting BLOWN ..........................
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Platinum - 408 SC Sleeper ( 7.49 / 11.? )
    2012 RAM - Tow Vehicle
    2007 GC SRT8 Daily Driver
    2003 TJ Rubicon Inca Gold - Trail blaster
    1973 Trumph GT6 MK III
    20 Ft Enclosed Car Hauler

RallyJeep GO
    Heck, once I can afford the new CVT centri blower Procharger is coming out with, my ZJ is getting blown. I'm curious to see what kind of power I can make with 10psi on a bone stock bottom end I'm figuring that 420 - 450 at the crank should be no problem with my mildly built top end, and with the CVT blower, it should have a pretty good power curve.
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy 2.02 heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

is trippn'
    Yes those are engine dyno numbers. i figure if forced induction was the route planned i would want 9's. i was thinking to have a little power to spare and run weight as is now, it need 900fwhp. he said a 408 with eddy heads would make that no problem with a f1.he said with goood heads an a f1r set on kill 1200 is easy to get but it would not last long on a srock block, if at all.

And how long did the head gaskets last? Did that pressurr on our motors you would need prefect prep with Copper or mls and studs. Damn 4 bolts per cylinder...
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

is trippn'
    Quote Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
    Heck, once I can afford the new CVT centri blower Procharger is coming out with, my ZJ is getting blown. I'm curious to see what kind of power I can make with 10psi on a bone stock bottom end I'm figuring that 420 - 450 at the crank should be no problem with my mildly built top end, and with the CVT blower, it should have a pretty good power curve.
    shit i bet that cvt procharger thingie is 8-10,000 dollars. depends on how hard you push it. what did duner make with a stock shortblock? i was thinking 500+ but may be wrong on that. hell you could make 450 with a p1sc and not even push it 2 hard with stock magnum heads. hell the supercharger store made 660 or so with a 30 over 318 with otb rhs x heads and a "really mild" cam as he said on 10 or 12 lbs of boost. can't remembere which one he said with a p1sc.

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen4971 View Post
    And how long did the head gaskets last? Did that pressurr on our motors you would need prefect prep with Copper or mls and studs. Damn 4 bolts per cylinder...
    look here http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...x-is-the-owner . i talked to them about this motor. he was running 18lbs with a f1r making 1000fwhp . they said he was running with it a while at like 15lbs and pullied it up to 18 to see how it would run. hell it might be o-ringed thou, who knows.

did not say anything about that haha. prolly long enougnh to get that big number on the dyno and they started screaming to shut it off. i already have head studs in my 408. i've goit a buddy coming down this weekend and we are pulling the heads of with the motor in the jeep to see how bad she looks. i will kinda decide which way to go from there. i might be runnning a .030 318 as well.

i'm thinking this might be the cheapest way to go to get what i want without a bunch of one off stuff ( turbo ) unless their kit just will not fit without the whole hood being 6" taller. before i do any ordering, i will get some measurements from the top of intake and top of the head unit. things like that. if most of my parts are somewhat salvageeble from my motor,i might just order this thing between christmas and tax time. if not, which is what i am thinking since thats my luck, everything will have to be new. then, well idk. i'll cross that bridge when i get there. i was just thinking throw an alright motor together and pulley it way down to get the tuning deal somewhat figured out. then work my way up slowly. if i blow the alright( cheaper ) motor up by pushing it to hard with a good tune-up then i will think about a really good motor. the f1r would be the best choice i think because you have the room to go b i g if you want.
    Last edited by speedmontzj; 11-19-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Administratororororor SUPERJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saleen4971 View Post
    im 15.5 psi now with no issues felpro 1008s headstuds with moly tqed to 130lbs planning on going to 17
    1998 grandcherokee5.9.forged bottom,vortech T trim,220 cam,ported eq heads,and all supporting valvetrain,4bbl m1,sct tuned,headers/full exhaust,4.10 gears,and the usual bolt-ons,alcohol injection, martin saine 3800 pro billet stall converter

2002 954rr kandy red with lots of mods

2004 f4i. sick inovations cage,kandy red paint,polished frame,si round bar. dirtbike bars, dual caliper handbrake

"wear a condom,i dont want to be an uncle to a bunch of space cadets on motorcycles lookin like you" -davit-