is trippn'

donations to the site or a donating member gift type thing

with the money it takes to keep a site like this going, is there a way to give the site some money? i dont really want to see paying members getting more access than anyone else kinda thing. like a paying members only section. i think everyone should have the same access, paying member or not. instead maybe donating member get a small "gift" with the speedfreaks logo. like a sticker or key chainor maybe some small fuzzy dice or something cheap along those lines. i would love some fuzzy dice to hang on the fastjeep's rear view. maybe a sticker for every 10 dollars given or a sticker for 10 and a keychain for 20 dice for 30. with the economy the way it is i don't think donating members should get anything beside or under their name saying they are. some people do not have the funds to donate or just don't want to.the stickers/key chain/fuzzy dice/one hitter could be the incentive. hell if someone has a better idea of a incentive so be it.

i know that stuff is hard to keep up with and i dont know if that would make you haave to have a business license or file taxes on the site . it would depend on which state it is based from maybe? if that is the case it would not be worth it at all. after the thanks thread, seeing how much most people think of the site and how much tech for grands are here, it would be nice to help it stay around and going. . i would just like to help the site stay going since its a great place to hang out and talk tech.

and i want to throw this out there to the power that be. i know a lot of people have been asking about stickers including me. i have access to a diecut business. a friend of mine has one and can pretty much put logos on anything. i would donate the stickers and mail them to anyone interested enough to request them for no charge as my good deed to the site. well let me throw this in. i dont know how many have curently requested them but if there is like 10,000 people i would have to rethink the "at no charge" part. if that is something y'all would be interested in , hit me up. i would be glad to do it. just need an idea how many we are looking at for me to get a price on, and a couple other things. like size,color, etc
    Last edited by speedmontzj; 11-09-2012 at 06:43 PM.

This suggestion was made shortly after the site was changed over to the new format. I for one don't need or want any gift for making a donation. I'm happy to assist financially. Don't need to be recognised for it either.

If the forum owner would provide a PayPal "send money to" address I would be pleased to make a donation. I'm sure there are others that feel the same. This site has elevated my interest in my Jeep and offered such great advice. I like playing here.

is trippn'
    i will give some money with out a gift either. i just know there were some people , including me, requesting stickers and i know those can get expensive and time consuming to keep up with and just give them out for free. that is why i was suggesting a "gift". if someone wanted a sticker it would not hurt them to give 10 bucks. the site could take .50 cents of the 10 dollars and send them a sticker or 2 and use the rest for the site. the only thing i don't really know about is the taxes part of it. depending on how much money was given as donations, i dont know if it would require taxers being paid by the site or person or persons that own the site or if its a non profit deal. which all of those have their own headaches. i was thinking the "gift" thing might let them slip by on the taxes deal. i wasn't offering it as a way to get money, more as a way to get money without the fawking government taking it all. sorry for the confussion.

i still stand by my offer of sending the stickers out for free. seems mexijeeper is not interested in any stickers. if anyone else is interested in them, and if the site doesn't mind, i can start a thread and get names and do it all on my own if they do not want to get involved. i just do not want anyone to have me in court for giving out free stickers with the thespeedfreaks.net logo on them without permission.

if someone had an image of the logo that would be ok for me to use, if they could send it to me i will be use it or if i need to rob the one from the home page is fine also. i used to do a little diecutting mysself. or if i need to stop thisw idea all together, will an admin or mod send me a pm. thanks guys.

"i will not be asking or receiving/taking any money for the stickers which i do send out. anyone wanting to give money should inquire about giving it to thespeedfreaks.net website. i have no affiliation with thespeedfreaks.net website or its owners. i also will not guarantee that everyone will get a sticker. it will be a first come, first serve basis till i run out of people or run out of stickers. "
    Last edited by speedmontzj; 11-12-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Administratororororor SUPERJEEP's Avatar
    we were in the works of such a thing but are trying to find a way to do it. if we did it thru paypal they take a huge percentage. but yeah you guys are right...its not cheap or easy hahahahaha. its not a huge priority in our lives right now so thats why it hasnt been done. and yeah we wont give donating members special treatment but we will prob put a thing by the screen name that says donating member or something along those lines.
    1998 grandcherokee5.9.forged bottom,vortech T trim,220 cam,ported eq heads,and all supporting valvetrain,4bbl m1,sct tuned,headers/full exhaust,4.10 gears,and the usual bolt-ons,alcohol injection, martin saine 3800 pro billet stall converter

2002 954rr kandy red with lots of mods

2004 f4i. sick inovations cage,kandy red paint,polished frame,si round bar. dirtbike bars, dual caliper handbrake

"wear a condom,i dont want to be an uncle to a bunch of space cadets on motorcycles lookin like you" -davit-

If I send or receive a PayPal payment I check "gift" and they don't take a commission fee. Oh and by the way SUPERJEEP it won't be too long before you hit the 2 million posts mark. Very impressive.

is trippn'
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERJEEP View Post
    we were in the works of such a thing but are trying to find a way to do it. if we did it thru paypal they take a huge percentage. but yeah you guys are right...its not cheap or easy hahahahaha. its not a huge priority in our lives right now so thats why it hasnt been done. and yeah we wont give donating members special treatment but we will prob put a thing by the screen name that says donating member or something along those lines.
    well when y'all get bored with life and get it worked out i'm in. just spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by MexiJeeper View Post
    If I send or receive a PayPal payment I check "gift" and they don't take a commission fee. Oh and by the way SUPERJEEP it won't be too long before you hit the 2 million posts mark. Very impressive.
    probably because he has the power to adjust that number a wee bit lol.

and since i haven't heard anyone say no, i'm getting the stickers printed and robbing the logo for them . i do not know how many for sure till she gets back on a per each price.

Quote Originally Posted by speedmontzj View Post
    well when y'all get bored with life and get it worked out i'm in. just spread the word.

probably because he has the power to adjust that number a wee bit lol.

and since i haven't heard anyone say no, i'm getting the stickers printed and robbing the logo for them . i do not know how many for sure till she gets back on a per each price.

let me know I'm in for one. And with the donations thing tell me where I'll send some money in cuz I know the cost of this stuff (went to tech school for computers and webpage design). This place keeps me sane during boring periods at work.
    currently jeepless.

Yeah I was born in 82 and have prob 1500 posts lol....I wanted to say I was born in the 1800s but it only goes to like 1970 hahaha
    1998 grandcherokee5.9.forged bottom,vortech T trim,220 cam,ported eq heads,and all supporting valvetrain,4bbl m1,sct tuned,headers/full exhaust,4.10 gears,and the usual bolt-ons,alcohol injection, martin saine 3800 pro billet stall converter

2004 f4i. sick inovations cage,kandy red paint,polished frame,si round bar. dirtbike bars, dual caliper handbrake

"wear a condom,i dont want to be an uncle to a bunch of space cadets on motorcycles lookin like you" -davit-

Oh and I still have some stickers in Canada if we have any new members from the north, just pm me with address

Tim
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Platinum - 408 SC Sleeper ( 7.49 / 11.? )
    2012 RAM - Tow Vehicle
    2007 GC SRT8 Daily Driver
    2003 TJ Rubicon Inca Gold - Trail blaster
    1973 Trumph GT6 MK III
    20 Ft Enclosed Car Hauler

is trippn'
    Quote Originally Posted by 9859limited View Post
    let me know I'm in for one. And with the donations thing tell me where I'll send some money in cuz I know the cost of this stuff (went to tech school for computers and webpage design). This place keeps me sane during boring periods at work.

will do. they will prolly get back to ,me in a few days. i will start a thread asking for names annd such when i get them in hand.

is trippn'
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTime View Post
    Oh and I still have some stickers in Canada if we have any new members from the north, just pm me with address

Tim
    you would not want to pm me a pic of the sticker or image would you?

Yeah I was born in 82 and have prob 1500 posts lol....I wanted to say I was born in the 1800s but it only goes to like 1970 hahaha
    1982! I have a pair of Levis older than you.

Quote Originally Posted by MexiJeeper View Post
    1982! I have a pair of Levis older than you.
    LOL Tony!

My quote to some younger people" "I have T shirts that are older than you, and probably smarter too"

you would not want to pm me a pic of the sticker or image would you?
    SuperJeep should have the original image file as I got the stickers from him ( he made a wack of them when we started out, I have a few left to mail to Canadian forum members as it was easier for me )

Tim
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Platinum - 408 SC Sleeper ( 7.49 / 11.? )
    2012 RAM - Tow Vehicle
    2007 GC SRT8 Daily Driver
    2003 TJ Rubicon Inca Gold - Trail blaster
    1973 Trumph GT6 MK III
    20 Ft Enclosed Car Hauler

I tried to donate money once and was turned down........................Hummmmmmmmm.......so I retracted my offer...............seems the trueth of it was Superjeep and Davit were protecting MY money!!!! U see Superjeep makes enough at the gloryhole bar (still don't understand which side of the panel hes on) and Davit would spend it on Vodka....gotta love those two for their genuine concern.............
    Captain of the Nine

Quote Originally Posted by RINGWRAITH View Post
    I tried to donate money once and was turned down........................Hummmmmmmmm.......so I retracted my offer...............seems the trueth of it was Superjeep and Davit were protecting MY money!!!! U see Superjeep makes enough at the gloryhole bar (still don't understand which side of the panel hes on) and Davit would spend it on Vodka....gotta love those two for their genuine concern.............
    1. I have a name...

2.it all depends on whats making more money that night.

is trippn'
    1. I have a name...

2.it all depends on whats making more money that night.

i'm not trying to bug the shit out of you, but do you have an image file you could send me ?

im thinking about getting 2different styles made up. i will show them to you for you to approve before i start sending them out.

i'm not trying to bug the shit out of you, but do you have an image file you could send me ?

im thinking about getting 2different styles made up. i will show them to you for you to approve before i start sending them out.
    His name is Superjeep!
    Captain of the Nine

is trippn'
    His name is Superjeep!

uh did i say her somewhere? i did use to many you's . so what are you tring to tell me?

His name is Superjeep!
    nah, it's SUPERJEEP!!!

..... so what are you tring to tell me?

just that we less than three you!