Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I got around to installing my JCR stage 3 sliders today. I used one of the breaker carts we have at work to get them installed. I think the total install time was roughly 2 hours. I don't think that was too bad. The black oxide bits did well too. The only issue I had with them was when they'd finally get through the metal, they'd bite pretty hard causing the drill to twist. Luckily, I didn't use my AC drill.

I'm almost out of things to do now. I still have to finish my e-fan install (I've got the junction box all wired up with the relays, the switch installed inside, and the studying done). I'm also currently working with a fellow NWIJ member on a rear diff skid that's almost completed. My list of projects for it is almost gone. I'll have to think of something to spend some money on...
    1997 ZJ TSi - 5.2L, 242, ~4" of IRO lift, IRO short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos & BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie out back, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs, 15x8 Stealth Crawlers, Niner grille, Magnaflow stuff, HO alt, "mean eyes", tinted signals/tails, clear corners, sound system, cloth seats

Nice job!!

Quote Originally Posted by hytek View Post
    Nice job!!
    Thanks!
    1997 ZJ TSi - 5.2L, 242, ~4" of IRO lift, IRO short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos & BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie out back, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs, 15x8 Stealth Crawlers, Niner grille, Magnaflow stuff, HO alt, "mean eyes", tinted signals/tails, clear corners, sound system, cloth seats

Looks good. Would like to see the underside and how they mounted. I know the premise, but love photos!

Quote Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
    ... I still have to finish my e-fan install (I've got the junction box all wired up with the relays, the switch installed inside, and the studying done)....
    first off, EJ - very nice example of an offroad ZJ. I give it

Second thing. How did you set up your Efan install? Did you go with the 5.9 setup or custom? ...or it sounds like maybe a half and half?

If it's working off sensors did you incorporate something like the 5.9's Ignition Relay in there? Or if it's working off toggle switches alone - nevermind

Thanks guys! I'll get under there tonight or tomorrow for some mounting pics. As far as the fan goes, I got a Taurus fan. I also bought a fan relay that comes with a sensor. The fan will be automatic for low and switched with a 70 amp relay for high. It's going to be controlled by a 3 position rocket switch so I can also kill it completely for water crossings.

Pics as promised...

The first pic shows how they mount to the uniframe, the second shows how they mount to the pinch seam. There are a total of 8 uniframe bolts and 5 pinch seam bolts per side.

Rear diff skid pics. It's not installed yet. 5/16" stainless.

Like! Where's that from?

Home brew. $18 worth of scrap stainless, $16 worth of 4" exhaust clamps, some stainless welding wire, and a little time. I had a friend help design and weld it. I can't weld for crap.

Lol nice

I got the rear diff skid plate installed today.

Looks good...

Thanks. It'll give me that piece of mind when I'm crawling over crap with my 44a hanging down.

Please report in after your first descent down the mountain closest to you. Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by MexiJeeper View Post
    Please report in after your first descent down the mountain closest to you. Nice job!
    After my first little wheeling experience, I found it worked pretty well for me. I use it on anything, however, I did get to ensure it wouldn't interfere with my gas tank skid. It looks like it might hit when the Jeep is just sitting. Under full articulation, it doesn't come close. Here's a lightly edited pic for you guys from my last "trip."

badass ZJ! Looking good!

Thanks man!

Awesome photo!

Thanks! I know it doesn't look like it, but there's a 3 foot gap between the passenger side slider and the ground. Cameras tend to alter perception.

I finally finished my e-fan today. It took a week of working on it for short periods of time at night. The box in the pic has the fan controller for low and the 70 amp relay for the high speed. I also got a nut for where the fan clutch used to be. For anyone who's curious, it's an M30 x 1.5. I had to special order it at Fastenal.

Just curious, but why the nut?

5.9s just came with a plastic cap over the threads - or do you have one of those rarer separated pulleys?

I figured the pulley is pressed on and I shouldn't have any issues. I bought it as "insurance" I guess. I didn't know if Niners had a nut on there, a different water pump all together, or nothing at all. Apparently nothing at all would have been fine for me. Oh well.

I am interested in your controller and how it is hooked up and parts used. Seems our temp sensors/switches are becoming very rare. I am looking for alternatives.

http://www.amazon.com/Hayden-Automot.../dp/B000C3BB6M

That's what I'm using. I have the wire that goes to "ignition" switched so I can kill the fan should I need to. My high speed is connected to a 70 amp relay and is only switched. It is not controlled by a controller. I'll try in the next few days to get a small writeup on here with a few more pictures for you.