Thread: Hondas?

Hondas?

Raced a CRX tonight. I won, of course. What do people see in those pieces of shit? Fart can exhaust and bumpers held on by zip ties with rattle can paint job = "fresh as ****"??? haha

I'll be honest, I respect a nice Honda, but, one, thats very very few. Two, the owners talk more crap than any other car owner out there (Mustang owners are a close second though).

But, anyway...my best friend has an Acura RSX...very very nice car and he has many nice mods to it, and its considered fast in the Honda world...now, my Jeep is no rocket ship, but, his car is the most gutless thing I've ever driven next to the n/a RX7 I used to own. Yes, it runs good, but, there's no torque at all. I don't like them simply because of that.

Honda owners like to think that revving to 8k bouncing off the rev limiter spinning in 1st and 2nd (one wheeled peel btw) means they're fast....as I walk past them in a Grand Cherokee or the SRT4 I had. They like to make fun of my domestic vehicles with my 5k and 6k RPM redlines.

Silly ricers. One day they're drive something with torque and realize what fast is...hahaha.

Hell, another friend of mine had an RSX with a turbo kit. Get this, 515whp.........but the best part that made me bust out laughing......325wtq. Respectable yes, but, I like torque as close to HP as possible...it seems its a Honda thing that they're no where near each other in the wrong direction.

Some of the Honda owners I know are actually cool and realize their cars aren't fast (one coming from the Mustang world and the other wants a muscle car)...but, they have the defense that Honda's are cheap and can be fun, while American cars are expensive. So, I completely agree with them on that front. But...then again, thats why I have a Dodge Omni...hahaha.

But...okay, I'm done ranting as well
    2005 Dodge Neon SRT4
    1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
    1985 Dodge Omni GLH
    1984 BMW 318i
    1967 Plymouth Valiant (5.7 Hemi swap)

I also have respect for a nice honda , there are some out there that are nice but not many, and they are cheap and fun, my friend had a 96 civic 5sp he beat the crap out of that thing just woulndt die at all , till he ran it with no oil cause he never checked and blew it up. Besides that if I wanted a economical cheapish car that I could still mess it I would defenitly either go honda , or jetta

And +1,000,000,000 on the mustang owner cockiness, sorry to people on this site but its true I've never met a non cocky mustang owner unless they owned it since new or rebuilt from ground up, previous friend that owned honda has had a stang for a year and is the cockiest one I know , and cheap. I'm spending hundreds every couple months and he's to cheap to buy a decent belt for it , went to advance auto and got the best cheapo they have...
    "20 year old "Masshole"

96 Limited5.2 MODIFICATIONS

RallyJeep GO
    Honda has made a couple of great cars (NSX and S2000). However, I'm not a big fan of most of their FWD stuff (I hate FWD). I have seen a few Acura TLs and other Hondas that were well built though. The reason most of them, especially old ones, are a shit-show is this: they're cheap. Thus, the scum of the Earth can afford to buy them, leading to awful ricer crap. TBH though, Toyota has made more cars I'd own than Honda has (they weren't as afraid of RWD).
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy MA-X heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

if someone was to build a honda from stock to make "500hp" and another person was to build (just take one our STOCK zj's) using the same amount of money im more then sure that the "old school" push rod zj will spank the honda race car. my buddy built a honda with a turbo set-up and i would kill him on the street all day long. even better we went to a track (both 1/8 & 1/4) and i beat him in the the 1/8 and he got me in the 1/4 by about 10ft. this was on a all stock 5.9!

J(Just)E(Empty)E(Every)P(Pocket)

03' Durango R/T---All Stock, for now!
    Slate 5.9er--- 210 Cam, EQ heads, Air Gap, 52mm TB, 24# injectors, & Hemifever Juiced UP!.
    03 ram "hemi"

To be honest...the only FWD Honda I really like and would own is the 2000-ish Prelude...and thats because they look like they should be RWD with their long front end...so I would convert it to RWD.

If I wanted a Honda and cared enough to own one and do all that work.

But I don't, so...that'll never happen...lol
    2005 Dodge Neon SRT4
    1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
    1985 Dodge Omni GLH
    1984 BMW 318i
    1967 Plymouth Valiant (5.7 Hemi swap)

All the honda kids that live around Tyler5.9 and I think that there 89 civic that's n/a is the fastest shit since nam. Even better they love to get the "artistic" duct tape from walmart and tape up parts of there car to make it look JDM and add HP...Seriously?

And I do agree with all of you guys. I would personally never ever ever own a honda in my life. Hell, I dont even want to be seen in one. But as comptiger said, I would take a Yota over a honda any day. the 1jz and 2jz engines are just amazing engines. the Supra's (all years) look amazing.

However. My moms VW Cabrio convertable 5 speed is one of the most fun cars I have ever driven. I feel more homosexual than ever driving the thing. But holy shit its great.

Back to the point. Ive raced probably 5-6 hondas. and ive beaten every single one at like 50-75% throttle. Then when were mobbin' around in Tyler5.9's jeep which is a bit faster than mine. Its even more pitiful when we wreck the 1.8 N/A honda with a 12" exhaust.

RallyJeep GO
    I agree, lots of ricer Hondas around here too. However, I do have a couple of friends with Hondas (a turbo Accord and a turbo S2000), and another friend with a supercharged Camry that could all destroy my Jeep (I've run against the Accord on a dragstrip, and had him off the line, but once he got traction, I was screwed).
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy MA-X heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods