Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    I have no idea but once I get my 9'er (pending the sale of my 5.2) ill be buying some for sure.

What about upcountry spring and cutting a couple coils off? Or getting a 2"BB lift and cutting coils on the stockers? It wouldnt really lower the jeep well back down to stock ride height but you would get a stiffer springs. Our front springs can be cut according to eaton being a tangential type spring on one end. Less body roll from the stiffer springs and then you could even get the bigger sway bars in addtion to. In theory or at least in my head it seems like it would work.

http://www.eatonsprings.com/cuttingcoilsprings.html

What type of bilsteins are you guys running on your 5.9.
    5.9 Grand Cherokee:
    Doug thorley headers, 3in back, high flow cat, no muffler, 1.7 RR, cold air, ddm HIDs in fogs and headlights, 242 swap, wj sway bar, waiting of 52mm TB, maybe an intake.

RallyJeep GO
    I just swapped my rear coils to a set of upcountry coils today. Between that and the caster being cranked, the ZJ handles pretty damn well for being stock height. It's sitting a little tall in the rear, as I still have stock coils up front. My MX6s are set to notch 3 up front and notch 6 out back, swaybars are stock. Body roll is minimal, and it's pretty well balanced, and best of all, the tail end no longer flops around like a wet noodle.
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy MA-X heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

I have had 3 ZJ'S all of them with H&R springs. I put the first set on my 96 in early 2000. They have over 100,000 miles on them are 12 yers old and just now are ready for replacment, slight sag in the front. I also had them on my now totaled 97 and they were 7 years old and still in perfect shape. For shocks I have a set of KYB's on my 96 and they work great with the springs and handle very well. You can get the springs from Tire Rack, I was just going to oreder a set and they were 250.00 shipped to Michigan. Hope this helps Roger

RallyJeep GO
    Update to my setup: I added an Addco front sway bar yesterday (29mm, stock is 26mm), kept the stock rear bar.

Springs are the stock fronts (190lb/in), rears are upcountry (~185lb/in). It's pretty neutral, less tail happy than before the bar, feels more confident and puts down power better in turns. At some point this summer, it'll be getting Bilstein 7100s all around with some 250lb front springs and ~230lb rears. Should firm things up a bit more and get it to a pretty good overall setup.
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy MA-X heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

Quote Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
    Update to my setup: ....
    Nice.

Is that the setup you'll be trying on the track, you still doing the road circuit thing?

RallyJeep GO
    Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    Nice.

Is that the setup you'll be trying on the track, you still doing the road circuit thing?
    It gets out there once a year for opening weekend at Watkins Glen, but I haven't found any kind of actual racing or other events that'll allow SUVs. No autocross either for that reason. This is pretty much for street use at this point, and the stiffer springs should be nice on the trails too, as the last time out I smashed a few things due to the soft springs compressing a lot when coming down off rocks, etc. and smacking the body onto another rock.

I'm looking to put a small lift (1.5-2.5") lift on the niner so I can romp around on some MT ATP3 265/70/R16's for winter fun...and plus getting in my niner is almost depressing how low it is compared to my 5.5" lifted 96' 4.0 (soon to be cammed and bored over 30...or 4.7stroker; but then have to find a beefier manual trans. i'm custom swapping in).

I heard OME HD spring's sit about 1.5"...with 3/4 coil spacer and wheel spacer's I should clear without any trimming correct?

Note: I will probably be returning to factory spring's when she is fully track ready and regeared.

Hi,
    if you are on a budget and your coils are still good, you can try with some budged boost ( spacers + shocks);
    if you want to spend a little bit more the OME springs are good!
    i'm running the HD ones front and rear and it's stiff! even if i have some crappy twin tube rubicon express shocks.
    if i could go back i'd get the medium in the rear though.
    with these springs i'm over 2", probably because the 5.2 is lighter than the 5.9 and because i have a little bit of weight reducion.
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap, aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, tcase skid, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/TommyVercettism/videos

RallyJeep GO
    The OME HD springs are firm, but nowhere near stiff enough to cause crappy ride quality. The crappy shocks are the cause of the crappy ride. I'm running far stiffer springs than the OMEs and my ZJ still rides well (with good shocks).

Also, the 5.2 vs 5.9 weight difference is only in the trans and it's only 20 - 30 lbs (not enough to notice).

quick ot:
    are you trying to tell me that a 360 engine weights the same as a 318 engine?
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap, aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, tcase skid, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 318 ita View Post
    quick ot:
    are you trying to tell me that a 360 engine weights the same as a 318 engine?
    Pretty damn close. 5.9 has a longer stroke and bigger diameter pistons and cylinders, so it might weight just a touch more dry, but almost the same with filled fluids. Intake, heads, accessories, block dimensions are all the same. Crank probably weighs 2 or 3 pounds more due to longer stroke and larger journals. Anyway- certainly not enough to make a measurable difference in ride height.

RallyJeep GO
    Quote Originally Posted by carlmon View Post
    Pretty damn close. 5.9 has a longer stroke and bigger diameter pistons and cylinders, so it might weight just a touch more dry, but almost the same with filled fluids. Intake, heads, accessories, block dimensions are all the same. Crank probably weighs 2 or 3 pounds more due to longer stroke and larger journals. Anyway- certainly not enough to make a measurable difference in ride height.
    And the block itself will weigh a little less because of the bigger cylinder bores. The deck heights are the same on the 318 and 360, so the longer stroke only affects the weight of the crank.

The 2 motors should be within 5 - 10 lbs of each other. The 44RE used in the later 5.2s is lighter than the 46RH in the early 5.2s and lighter than the 46RE in the 5.9s.

thanks guys
    my channel