Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    That's awesome. How did you have it shortened? Just cut and re-welded? Also, what does sleeved mean?
    Yes and yes.
    had the shop cut the 3/4" section close where bar mounts on teh axle. Then slide the correct diameter thickish pipe over it. Welded the bar, grounded it smooth, slid the tube over it and welded the pipe as well on both sides. So the pipe acts like a sleeve straightening the place where it was cut. Worked out awesome.
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

98 Ram 2500 5.9L 24V Cummins, short bed, Blue
    MBPR Turbo back 4" exhaust, Edge Juice, Superchips tuner.

http://autotruckservice.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Ninergrad View Post
    Yes and yes.
    had the shop cut the 3/4" section close where bar mounts on teh axle. Then slide the correct diameter thickish pipe over it. Welded the bar, grounded it smooth, slid the tube over it and welded the pipe as well on both sides. So the pipe acts like a sleeve straightening the place where it was cut. Worked out awesome.
    Awesome. Thanks for the info man! Do you know what kind of shops can do this? Machine shops? 4x4 shops?

Any shops that has a welder and a cutter really.
    I did mine at the machine shop where I always get my stuff done, cuz lots of times guys will do it for free or for very little. This one cost me $25
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

Any shops that has a welder and a cutter really.
    I did mine at the machine shop where I always get my stuff done, cuz lots of times guys will do it for free or for very little. This one cost me $25
    Oh good deal. I need to find a shop that knows how to do stuff. I will print off what you said you did and show them and see if they can help me out whenever I get around to lowering my Jeep. I can't stand this lift I have now! lol

What you need to do is leave it alone for a few months. Springs will sag more with time.
    After like 6 months, you need to measure how much the axle shifted.
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

What you need to do is leave it alone for a few months. Springs will sag more with time.
    After like 6 months, you need to measure how much the axle shifted.
    I didn't put the lift on here though...it was on the Jeep when I bought it.... so I don't know how long it has been on there, or what kind of shape the shocks are in, etc. I'm just going to do it all over with better shocks and springs...

aero brick
    running the bilsteins with stock suspension all though the plans are b and g lower springs with full poly conversion. did have adco sways and need them again. anyone know where and how much i can find the military bar. also i am looking for someone who can make hotchkis control arm replicas or something equivalent.
    a.k.a the aerodynamic brick. dark slate niner gun metal ultrastars, aem intake, edelbrock headers waiting install.

93/94/95 5.2l scrapped
    slate 5.9l sold
    platinum 5.9l crushed
    slate 5.9l fire totaled
    platinum 5.9l scrapped
    slate 5.9l: sale pending
    platinum 5.9l: sold

slate 5.9l: stock 80,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by darknine View Post
    running the bilsteins with stock suspension all though the plans are b and g lower springs with full poly conversion. did have adco sways and need them again. anyone know where and how much i can find the military bar. also i am looking for someone who can make hotchkis control arm replicas or something equivalent.
    I'm with you all the way on this setup man! Where do you find the B&G springs anymore these days? Did you mean H&R by chance? I'm actually running the Eibachs. They'll be here on the 15th. Had to special order them from Summit Racing. Cost a little more than the H&Rs, but I think they'll be worth it. Eibach is a good name in the suspension world.

+1 on the military bar question. I wasn't even aware there was such a thing. I'm definitely not calling Kolak on this one... crap won't be here for months.

On the control arms, try Iron Rock Offroad. They seem to be the best bet for custom tubular control arms, non adjustable if you want. That's what I'm going to get. Still need to get in touch with them on the specifics i.e. size/length, etc, but can't wait to throw those on there in place of the stock arms.

aero brick
    the b and g i find occaisionally through my epic searching. i want the lowest ride possible while maintaing a stiff none bouncy ride. i dont want cadiallac i want race car. my plans are to autocross this beast a couple of times just for laughs
    a.k.a the aerodynamic brick. dark slate niner gun metal ultrastars, aem intake, edelbrock headers waiting install.

93/94/95 5.2l scrapped
    slate 5.9l sold
    platinum 5.9l crushed
    slate 5.9l fire totaled
    platinum 5.9l scrapped

the b and g i find occaisionally through my epic searching. i want the lowest ride possible while maintaing a stiff none bouncy ride. i dont want cadiallac i want race car. my plans are to autocross this beast a couple of times just for laughs
    I'm with ya man. The Eibachs only lower it 1in, but it's a stiffer lowering spring - better than H&R.

What wheel/tire are you going to run?

aero brick
    liley 18inch not sure yet def something wide and good stiff side walled tires. and i will reinforce the sway bar mounts on the diff

93/94/95 5.2l scrapped
    slate 5.9l sold
    platinum 5.9l crushed
    slate 5.9l fire totaled
    platinum 5.9l scrapped

liley 18inch not sure yet def something wide and good stiff side walled tires. and i will reinforce the sway bar mounts on the diff
    I'm thinking 18s too...as wide as possible.

[IMG][/IMG]

Not sure on the weight of these though, otherwise I would get them based on looks alone. I want something as light as possible.

I would think if you drop it too much...have 18in wheels... it's gonna be a tight fit, no?

West Yarmouth, Massachusetts, United States
    Those look really nice and almost look like the stockers.
    98 Platimum GC 5.9 Limited Flowmaster, relocated intake temp sensor, clear corners, 35% front tint, 5% sunroof tint, white face gauges, Accel coil, Summit Racing 8MM wires, 100w fog lights w/new housings, Mopar tow hooks, Mopar Performance PCM, Summit Racing drilled/slotted rotors w/ EBC pads, K&N FIPK

SOLD 90 Mustang LX notchback: cobra intake, 70mm TB and spacer, fender mounted CAI, 1 3/4" long tube headers, 2 1/2" offroad h-pipe, 2 chamber flowmasters, 3.73s, subframe connecters, cobra r glass hood, glass decklid, 5-spd, cobra rims, underdrive pullys, e-fan, Steeda short through shifter

Hope those come in 5 bolt too... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    Hope those come in 5 bolt too... LOL
    Haha, I didn't notice that. It was from the Discount Tire website... not a fan of it. Was just looking for more selection than I saw on TireRack's website... but at least TireRack tells you the specs of the wheels... weight is a big deal to me. I don't care if it's the best looking wheel on the planet...if it weighs a lot it's a no-go by me.

Are the Eibach's or H&R's progressive or linear?

Quote Originally Posted by 98Jeepster View Post
    Are the Eibach's or H&R's progressive or linear?
    They're progressive from what little research I did. When I talked to Eibach they said they were "dual rate" progressive...so I guess that's good. Same as the H&R's from what I gather as well.

On the control arms, try Iron Rock Offroad. They seem to be the best bet for custom tubular control arms, non adjustable if you want. That's what I'm going to get. Still need to get in touch with them on the specifics i.e. size/length, etc, but can't wait to throw those on there in place of the stock arms.
    Why not go with WJ CA's? Cheap and will be lighter than IRO CA's.
    -Dave

1998 GC Laredo SE/1998 Plat 5.9/1998 Plat 5.9/1994 Laredo 5 speed/1998 Slate 5.9- All sold/scrapped

2004 BMW 330i ZHP- New DD

Quote Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
    Why not go with WJ CA's? Cheap and will be lighter than IRO CA's.
    Direct swap? I mean, they'll fit just fine? Just go find some arms off a WJ in a junkyard or something? Are they stronger than the IRO or at least the stock ones I have on my Niner now?

Good springs won't sag, especially not in 6 months.

Also are you going to put 5 zigen fn01r-c's on a ZJ? haha are you sure they have the right offset? I had those on my civic

There's that Civic!

I'm a big fan of black wheels if you couldn't tell

Quote Originally Posted by SERB Z06 View Post
    I'm a big fan of black wheels if you couldn't tell
    Me too! I painted the stockers on my old WRX:

Miss it.... sometimes

Wonder what a black powdercoat would look like on the stock Niner rims...

Direct swap? I mean, they'll fit just fine? Just go find some arms off a WJ in a junkyard or something? Are they stronger than the IRO or at least the stock ones I have on my Niner now?
    They require some grinding of the bushing sleeve IIRC. They're 1/2" longer than ZJ arms as well.

They're boxed, so they're stronger than ZJ arms. I have a set, planning on doing poly bushings on them before I throw them under the niner.
    -Dave

1998 GC Laredo SE/1998 Plat 5.9/1998 Plat 5.9/1994 Laredo 5 speed/1998 Slate 5.9- All sold/scrapped

2004 BMW 330i ZHP- New DD

Quote Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
    They require some grinding of the bushing sleeve IIRC. They're 1/2" longer than ZJ arms as well.

They're boxed, so they're stronger than ZJ arms. I have a set, planning on doing poly bushings on them before I throw them under the niner.
    Well, if they're stiffer and cheaper I'm all for it. But I don't think I would want them any longer than stock?? I'm going to be 1in lower than stock due to my Eibach springs. I thought longer arms were for lifted setups?