Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    We just need to figure out a chart of a shock travel. We know what the stock shock travel is for the front and the back. We might even be able to get same IAS, but just lower traveling range.
    I was personally looking at QA1 line, they are insanely expensive, but some of them are dual adjustable and come in a vacationer of length and sizes.
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

98 Ram 2500 5.9L 24V Cummins, short bed, Blue
    MBPR Turbo back 4" exhaust, Edge Juice, Superchips tuner.

http://autotruckservice.org/

Quote Originally Posted by NINERGRAD View Post
    I was personally looking at QA1 line, they are insanely expensive, but some of them are dual adjustable and come in a vacationer of length and sizes.

Yeah, CO shocks are on my long list of to-do's.... Not only will they handle better, but the weight savings has to be huge...
    96 Orvis w/slate leather ... Long Arms, 35" LTB's, 231 swap, front LockRight.. Finishing up the built 5.9 install and I have a Klune sitting in the garage waiting its turn to go in...

Post Disclaimer: I dont live on planet Love-A-Lot and I dont sit in circles holding hands singing Kum Ba Ya. If you dont like my opinion just take it with a grain of salt, like I did yours, and simply move on. The sun will still rise, and it will be ok......

I tested some shocks, new OEM, ProComp, Bilstein B6, usw., at least Koni heavy track SPX adjustable, they are my absolute favorit, but a little bit expensive, one for 160€, and you can use them for lower springs
    5.9 ZG, LPG bivalent, SC Powerdyne 928 BD11A 15psi, Edelbrock RPM Heads, water methanol injection, ported and therm. isolate Kegger, HS 1.7, 53 mm TB, Thorley 3", SCT, Koni heavy track, 0.30 over, forged rotating assembly, Ross forged Custom Pistons for 20 psi, Intercooler, MSD 6AL, Comp Cam, custom fuel system, 265/70 16, 2" Lift

Quote Originally Posted by Gotti View Post
    I tested some shocks, new OEM, ProComp, Bilstein B6, usw., at least Koni heavy track SPX adjustable, they are my absolute favorit, but a little bit expensive, one for 160, and you can use them for lower springs
    Whats the part numbers on those KONIs?
    Do you have them front and rear?
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

Yes for the front 8240-1198SPX and rear 8240-1199SPX, the are good for 250 Km/h
    5.9 ZG, LPG bivalent, SC Powerdyne 928 BD11A 15psi, Edelbrock RPM Heads, water methanol injection, ported and therm. isolate Kegger, HS 1.7, 53 mm TB, Thorley 3", SCT, Koni heavy track, 0.30 over, forged rotating assembly, Ross forged Custom Pistons for 20 psi, Intercooler, MSD 6AL, Comp Cam, custom fuel system, 265/70 16, 2" Lift

Ryanwj
    Bilstein 5150s up front, I forget the part number...wanna say they are 22.5" extended?

Rubicon Express twin tubes in the back. Long story.

The fronts are complete with JKS Upper Mounts and JKS bar pin eliminators. cool stuff, but those upper mounts were not only a PITA to mount but cut my uptravel. I need bumpstops for when I go wheeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotti View Post
    Yes for the front 8240-1198SPX and rear 8240-1199SPX, the are good for 250 Km/h
    Holy crap!!! Here are the prices for the Koni's:

Retail Price: $424.00
    KONI Online Price: $318.00
    KONI Sale Price: $275.60 per pair

That's 137.80 per shock!

Hmmm, maybe I'll change my mind about those.

Ryanwj
    Gotta pay to play.....

Quote Originally Posted by ptowntsi View Post
    I really need to put some research into upgrading the suspension on my ZJ. Even if it involves something as crazy as putting SRT-8 IFS on it. For now, it would be nice to get a sweet set of shocks though that we can run while lowered.
    I looked into that too. Doesn't look all that do-able.

I found a great pic online that showed the front suspension on a mockup chassis but do ya think I can find it now that I want it - of course not!

It was the matching pic to this rear axle shot:

Here's the best I can find at the moment:

Bilsteins !! all 4 corners...
    ]=Long Island Driveshaft=[ www.supershafts.com
    631-514-1034

LIMA the racers voice http://www.limotorsports.net

aero brick
    same here all 4 bilsteins for the win
    a.k.a the aerodynamic brick. dark slate niner gun metal ultrastars, aem intake, edelbrock headers waiting install.

93/94/95 5.2l scrapped
    slate 5.9l sold
    platinum 5.9l crushed
    slate 5.9l fire totaled
    platinum 5.9l scrapped
    slate 5.9l: sale pending
    platinum 5.9l: sold

slate 5.9l: stock 80,000 miles

I think the stock, then ias, then bilstens are the shortest. if you are droped id say pick between the 2 ias or bilsten both are nice shocks, unless someone does some work on trying to find a different shock aplication that ends up fitting on the zj thats shorter stick to what has already worked

Hi,
    I have the Edelbrock IAS and love them, except when its really cold, they seem to be extremely stiff. I am running them with H&R lowering springs and ALL polyurethane suspension bushings.
    02 gsxR 1097 stroked turbocharged 40hp NOS

my IAS's all ahve to be replaced. they didnt like sitting and not moving for 11 months.
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

Performance Alignments

Hey guys, I thought about making a new thread for this, but thought I would try posting here first.

What's everyone's opinions on a performance alignment? I just came from the WRX/STi world...and a lot of guys like to run a little bit more negative camber on all wheels than stock. I ran -2.0 all around and it was a huge improvement in handling.

What do you think? Maybe this isn't a good idea on an SUV? I'm considering trying it out since I need a new alignment anyways.

Well first off are you planning to get lowering springs or not?
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

Quote Originally Posted by Ninergrad View Post
    Well first off are you planning to get lowering springs or not?
    Yes.

I'm not sure how the alignment system works on our Jeeps. On my WRX, due to the coilover shock/spring combination setup, getting that extra negative camber requires aftermarket camber bolts. Is this the case with the Jeep as well?

Does a track bar help much with handling for us Street Jeep folk? How about a steering stabilizer? I always hear about them for the off-road guys, but wasn't sure if they help on-road as well?

There are no track bars available for lowered jeeps. I had mine cut and welded to center the axle. Beefier steering stabilizer will help out a bit...
    Actually Ross(saleen) just got one, he would be a good person to ask.
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

There are no track bars available for lowered jeeps. I had mine cut and welded to center the axle. Beefier steering stabilizer will help out a bit...
    Good deal. I'll see if he's subscribed to this thread. If not, I'll track him down

even an adjustable would make up for it? all the way in is stock lenght or longer?
    93 ZJ

12 seconds worth of mods
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx9GNaYr5hg

Quote Originally Posted by sloZJ View Post
    even an adjustable would make up for it? all the way in is stock lenght or longer?
    No I measured it. Called 3 different companies, including going to 2 local off-road shops. Any adjustable track bar, even collapsed, was slightly longer than our stock one... I would prefer to have an adjustable one.
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

No I measured it. Called 3 different companies, including going to 2 local off-road shops. Any adjustable track bar, even collapsed, was slightly longer than our stock one... I would prefer to have an adjustable one.
    Would an adjustable track bar be any good for a stock or lowered ride height Jeep? Or is just a lifted thing?

Depends on hold long it is. But answer is no. I have searched for the adjustable track bar that will work on lowered jeep, but answer is cut your track bar and shorten it(cheapest) or buy an adjustable track bar and shorten it(spensive).
    When I had my stock track bar on lowering springs, jeep tend to wonder a bit to the right time to time. Mostly when road was uneven. Yes I did get an alignment, didn't help. I took off the track bar and had it shortened 3/4", then sleeved. Straight as an arrow now and feels much tighter now.
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

Depends on hold long it is. But answer is no. I have searched for the adjustable track bar that will work on lowered jeep, but answer is cut your track bar and shorten it(cheapest) or buy an adjustable track bar and shorten it(spensive).
    When I had my stock track bar on lowering springs, jeep tend to wonder a bit to the right time to time. Mostly when road was uneven. Yes I did get an alignment, didn't help. I took off the track bar and had it shortened 3/4", then sleeved. Straight as an arrow now and feels much tighter now.
    That's awesome. How did you have it shortened? Just cut and re-welded? Also, what does sleeved mean?