Rustys Offroad RX300 Shocks

Just wondering if any of you guys have run these shocks (Rustys RX300's),

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...ory_Code=RX-ZJ

or know anyone that has? *They seem like a pretty nice shock for the money ($149 Ea.) and they're good looking to boot. I know Bilstein makes an entry level reservoir shock for like $99 ea., but they're kind of cheap looking in comparison.

** *Anyways, Hoping to get some feedback on these. I've been holding off on ordering shocks, because I need to get my 5.9 up another 1" or 2" , as the tires rub slightly on a hard turn, and am not going to butcher sheet metal on this truck. I have a 1993 5.2 *for that : ) *In fact I just picked up a set of 3/4 ton axles (Dana 44 front, and Dana 60 rear) for the 93 Grand. Hopefully I can make the time in the next couple months to get them under it.

**Anyways, I believe the springs on my 5.9 are currently 5.5" . I have a buddy with a 2" BB. I'm gonna try that on top of my 5.5"s and see where that puts me and go from there. Either ordering taller springs, or the ACOs adjustable coil spacers front and rear, that way I can adjust from like 1.5" to 3" with the adjusters.

those shocks are badass

J(Just)E(Empty)E(Every)P(Pocket)

03' Durango R/T---All Stock, for now!
    Slate 5.9er--- 210 Cam, EQ heads, Air Gap, 52mm TB, 24# injectors, & Hemifever Juiced UP!.
    03 ram "hemi"

RE:

Yeah, They look it for the money. I was just hoping to get some feedback from someone who's used them prior to ordering a set. Perhaps I'll have to try some other forums?

i have billys, so yeah, and i honestly dont really know anyone who would even think of running cRustys suspension junk, bunch of crap IMO.
    Resident speeding ticket whore

If I offend anyone tonight, I apologize. That's not my intention. I'm not going to guess what your personal line of decency is. I cross my own from time to time. It's how I know I still have one.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy63b View Post
    i have billys, so yeah, and i honestly dont really know anyone who would even think of running cRustys suspension junk, bunch of crap IMO.
    I've heard that a lot of their stuff is junk cowboy, but they don't build these shocks themselves. I'd be curious to know what manufacturer does build them for them though.

These look similar to the ones built for pro-comp. I have an event next weekend and rusty will be there. I will ask him.
    Andy

I did get to meet rusty on Saturday. He is a really nice guy. These shocks are made by rustys as well as a lot of the usual internal parts are made by Tenneco. Tenneco is the manufacturer that makes most of the shocks and parts for shock companies. 90% of what you buy at some point started from them. Rusty does manufacture some of the parts and they do assemble them there at their plant.
    A

I just bought two 300s and two 200s. I'll run them in Harlan next week and will report back. My XJ is no joke so I'll know if the shocks are chump shocks or not. Billstines are very stiff and these Rustys feel pretty stiff too.
    Z88Z. .512/.512 110lsa cam, 1.65 roller rockers, EQ Monster Magnum heads, AirGap, 52mm TB, 24lbs injectors, aluminum fuel rails, mopar headers, K&N, Kolak ignition, SCT tuned. firepunk built 46RE with MSaine VB and converter. 44/8.8" 4.56 gears and locked with RCVs and Yukon super 88. PAC racing jeepspeed coils. caged. 35" MT/Rs

Z88Z. .512/.512 110lsa cam, 1.65 roller rockers, EQ Monster Magnum heads, AirGap, 52mm TB, 24lbs injectors, aluminum fuel rails, mopar headers, K&N, Kolak ignition, SCT tuned. firepunk built 46RE with MSaine VB and converter. 44/8.8" 4.56 gears and locked with RCVs and Yukon super 88. PAC racing jeepspeed coils. caged. 35" MT/Rs

Quote Originally Posted by northwest_5.9 View Post
    those shocks are badass

No, these Konis are badass.

Don't fit worth a crap though

(sorry, couldn't help myself, LOL)

holy **** thats a huge shock.....
    "20 year old "Masshole"

96 Limited5.2 MODIFICATIONS

RallyJeep GO
    That thing is insane! I'm assuming that's not one of the ones they actually make for a ZJ, right?
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy MA-X heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

Polar, How did these end up working out for you?

great! very stiff which is what I wanted