Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PLEASE READ!!!! FORUM CHANGES!!!!

OK so most of you notice that forum looks a bit different.
    There is a lot going on, I will try to keep you up to date.
    So we were having hosting issues, forum was running slow, there were random errors, PM issues and other things of that nature. Our host decided to take our server offline, without informing me first. Their excuse was that the forum was using up to much of the virtual box resources and they couldn't have that. They were also kind enough to suggest a dedicated hosting where we get our own box at a stellar price of just $149 a month. At that point I told them to go defrag themselves and got a new hosting provider. Later on, their tech support discovered that faulty sata drivers were the culprit of our pain and my headache... Thanks... That would have helped 12hrs ago. Anyway, while they had our forum down I had to do some database rebuilding/optimizing to stop the forum from "over-utilizing" the box resources, that took til 5am Friday, when it finally came back online. Now while it help speed up the forum, I was still seeing random errors. At that point I have made a decision to upgrade forum to the newest forum software available to us at this time. There was several major issues during installation, as you could probably tell by the amount of the time the forum was down this weekend. But overall this new software is much more robust and has several cool features. I haven't looks through most of them yet, but some of them are:

1) Autosave - that is for those of you who likes to write novels and walk away from their computers etc. Forum will automaticaly save what you type if it detects a prolonged pause between the key strokes.
    2) Facebook connect - 0nce enabled you will be able to connect to the forum using your facebook logon as well as "like" threads and possibly link them in your facebook stream something... don't know, don't have facebook, don't really care, but here you go.
    3) More text editing options, please do not overuse them. They are fun, but it can be really annoying having to read one thread in 15 different colors and sizes. Also there is now "insert video" and "insert image" buttons, so you can click on that and paste your YouTube link in there, so it will become embedded.
    4) Search is now placed in the top right corner for easy access, makes it much easier and nicer to search forums. I had to increase the time between searches to around 15sec. I hate it myself, but it is better for the forum performance.
    5) Also in the top right corner next to your username, you can now view and edit your profile as well as view your PM's etc. Kinda nice if you ask me.
    6) By clicking on "What's new?" you can see all the new posts that have been made since your last visit.
    There is more, but I forget.

WHAT IS FIXED:

1) Tapatalk - is back up and running
    2) Search - now should be fully functional, earlier it would not return any results.
    3) PM's - now fully functional
    4) Photobucket link in the new posts and reply's - is functional yet again.
    5) Forum should be running faster overal
    6) Image re-sizer for linked images is now functional

IN PROCESS:

1) Forum look - designer started working on the new forum skin. Current eta is 20 days, possibly sooner. Fingers crossed! We are going to the same color scheme we had, we feel that it is unique to our forum(as well as halloween... shut up! I kill you!). Original thought behind the color combination for this forum was - Mopar orange and 5.9 deep-slate. So we had a slate background and orange titles. Slate representing the vehicle(forum) and orange representing the engine(your posts/threads). We would like to keep it that way. If you by chance have screenshots of the old forum send them to me or post them in the thread I started in this section.

WHAT IS STILL BROKEN:

1) Media embedding - you use to be able to post the link to YouTube video and forum would convert it to the embedded version so you can play it without leaving the forum page - 3rd party add-on, they are working on it, but no eta yet.
    2) Arcade - I had to remove the arcade from the forum, it was using more forum resources than I would like, you will have to get your game on elsewhere for now.
    3) Post "thank you" - you were able to thank a user for an informative post in the old forum, unfortunately that functionality is not updated yet for a new forum software, it is a third party addon so eta is unknown.

That is all for now, I will update this thread as more problems get fix/arise.
    Thank you for your continued support and understanding!!!
    Last edited by Ninergrad; 09-14-2011 at 03:53 AM.
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

98 Ram 2500 5.9L 24V Cummins, short bed, Blue
    MBPR Turbo back 4" exhaust, Edge Juice, Superchips tuner.

http://autotruckservice.org/

Administratororororor SUPERJEEP's Avatar
    Very well said,this is a very stressful process. So some vitual handjobs would be apprexiated.
    1998 grandcherokee5.9.forged bottom,vortech T trim,220 cam,ported eq heads,and all supporting valvetrain,4bbl m1,sct tuned,headers/full exhaust,4.10 gears,and the usual bolt-ons,alcohol injection, martin saine 3800 pro billet stall converter

2002 954rr kandy red with lots of mods

2004 f4i. sick inovations cage,kandy red paint,polished frame,si round bar. dirtbike bars, dual caliper handbrake

"wear a condom,i dont want to be an uncle to a bunch of space cadets on motorcycles lookin like you" -davit-

Who is the host? I have plenty of room on mine if needed.
    Deep Slate 5.9 Member #??
    ----------
    Engine: AEM Brute Force air intake, Holley 52mm Throttle Body, M1 Intake (extrude honed), Edelbrock Aluminum Heads, 1.6 Roller Rockers, Magnum lifters, NASCAR COMP Hardened Pushrods, ARP studs, KRC 210x cam, Double roller timing chain, Thorley Ceramic Coated Headers, Kolak 3 Exhaust with large case Magnaflow muffler, Custom ECU flash from Tom at Positive Performance, Kolak Ignition Upgrade, PROTHANE Motor Mounts

Transmission: Street/Strip Performance Transmission, 28S Performance Torque Converter, Ext Trans Cooler, PROTHANE Transmission Mount

Suspension: New UpCountry Springs, Addco military (frontsway), JKS Quick Sway disconnects, Hellwig (rearsway), Edelbrock IAS shocks.

I don't mind sending a bit of $$$ to support the site if needed............
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Platinum - 408 SC Sleeper ( 7.49 / 11.? )
    2012 RAM - Tow Vehicle
    2007 GC SRT8 Daily Driver
    2003 TJ Rubicon Inca Gold - Trail blaster
    1973 Trumph GT6 MK III
    20 Ft Enclosed Car Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by DefStatic View Post
    Who is the host? I have plenty of room on mine if needed.
    Was siteground, now it is Bluehost

Quote Originally Posted by NoTime View Post
    I don't mind sending a bit of $$$ to support the site if needed............
    Thank you Tim! We are working on making like a donations page, we are not making any money on this obviously, just need a little help recouping some money the we spend on it out of pocket and to have something for website needs.
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

I can ask some of my BC2 clan members about making a skin for our website. Maybe there can be a deal made of some sort. We have a few members that do this for a living!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninergrad View Post
    Was siteground, now it is Bluehost

Thank you Tim! We are working on making like a donations page, we are not making any money on this obviously, just need a little help recouping some money the we spend on it out of pocket and to have something for website needs.

I would also be willing to kick in some donation money. Let's make that happen sooner than later!

I gotta say that I do really like black text on a light background. Much, much easier for these old eyes to read.

I want to thank all those if there are any others than Davit for being on top of this situation. What a show of dedication. Funny how you don't miss something until you don't have it any more. I am a member of other forums that are car and non car related but this forum above all the others shows a real brotherhood in it's members being so willing to assist others and with an attitude of civility..... except of course all the fags, hillbillies and foreigners.

So you mean, everyone? Lol

The donation idea has been around for a while. Its just now coming to be.
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

wouldnt that be kinda like a supporter status? im sure if we did that then stickers would be cheaper website funds would be pulled from supporter funds, and hats and shirts and calenders, and other goodies, what say ye?
    Resident speeding ticket whore

If I offend anyone tonight, I apologize. That's not my intention. I'm not going to guess what your personal line of decency is. I cross my own from time to time. It's how I know I still have one.

I'd be willing to contribute but we never settled on a logo so you guys would have to decide that
    "20 year old "Masshole"

96 Limited5.2 MODIFICATIONS

Administratororororor SUPERJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy63b View Post
    wouldnt that be kinda like a supporter status? im sure if we did that then stickers would be cheaper website funds would be pulled from supporter funds, and hats and shirts and calenders, and other goodies, what say ye?
    you got it. so far between davit and i we are in this around a couple thousand dollars. i got hurt at work and almost lost my hand and havent been making the money i was before till im healed enough. this last bout with the site was close to a grand to get it back up and running. the donations will just be to help us out. and depending on how generous you guys are the extra money will go towards give aways to donating members. if we get a lil extra it will be small prizes,a lot extra will be big prizes. we are not looking to do this for free either, just the both of us are hurting right now and a lil help will keep the site alive and well.
    1998 grandcherokee5.9.forged bottom,vortech T trim,220 cam,ported eq heads,and all supporting valvetrain,4bbl m1,sct tuned,headers/full exhaust,4.10 gears,and the usual bolt-ons,alcohol injection, martin saine 3800 pro billet stall converter

2002 954rr kandy red with lots of mods

2004 f4i. sick inovations cage,kandy red paint,polished frame,si round bar. dirtbike bars, dual caliper handbrake

"wear a condom,i dont want to be an uncle to a bunch of space cadets on motorcycles lookin like you" -davit-

set it up and we can donate/become the site supporters.

If I offend anyone tonight, I apologize. That's not my intention. I'm not going to guess what your personal line of decency is. I cross my own from time to time. It's how I know I still have one.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy63b View Post
    set it up and we can donate/become the site supporters.
    Agweeeeeeeed
    "20 year old "Masshole"

weed wha?

I am not as active on here as I once was.... but I still enjoy the site and will be able to help out on donations too! I will check in frequently to see when the donation links are active.

For a second or two.. I thought I was on the wrong site.
    I know you spent some time getting it back up, but looking forward to seeing some customizations on the new layout.... fonts, colors, logos. I hope it doesn't say vanilla for too long

ben
    Last edited by 5.9_Racer; 09-13-2011 at 10:36 PM.
    Rarely Active, in case you are looking for me on here.....
    Past: 92 MJ --> 89 XJ --> 99 WJ --> 92 YJ [RIP] --> 98 ZJ [RIP] --> 05 LJ --> 98 ZJ
    Last: Stroker - 410Cu In, SuperCharged '98 ZJ (500hp+) @12.2 - 1/4mile.... she was a blast!!
    Click here for my build thread....Project Fireheadman 6.7L SuperCharged and Stroked

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERJEEP View Post
    i got hurt at work and almost lost my hand.
    How?

And we need pics of this, cause I may have ya beat.

But it's good to know ya still have yours like I still have mine!

FIRST THREAD UPDATED!!!
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

can i just say im loving the new site more , very quick responsive much more updated feel i approve!

oh i just posted a youtube video using the insert video button and it worked flawlesy so i think your good on media embeding unless you meant just posting the link and having the site do it for us
    "20 year old "Masshole"

Yeah the new software works pretty well. Plus we have shed some weight, got rid of old for sale threads, old off-topic threads. I mean prior to 07/01/2010 there were 59,663 posts. That is a lot. So we had to prune things a bit, I think it helped quite a bit.
    The media embedding was an add-on that turned you tube links into an embedded media. So you just toss you a copied link from YouTube in your post and it changes it to embedded style video. Pretty cool little thing. The developer of this mod is working to restore it's functionality, so hopefully it will be up and running again soon.
    But you are absolutely right, build in media embedding function actually works really well, it is more cumbersome in the fact that yo have to click on it and paste the link there, but as a tool it is great never the less.
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

I dont know if its my phone or what, but i looked for the speedtest thread (and searched) and no dice. That thread is worthless, but if it is in fact gone, it could mean important threads are gone.
    |-94 ZJ Limited-|-96k mi-|-4.0L 249-|

|-97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 120k-|-4.6L DOHC V8 290hp 295lb-ft-|

Gone
    |-98 ZJ Laredo SE-|-249k mi-|-4.0L 242-|-Cooper Discoverer ATRs-|-Flowmaster Super 44-|-Homebrew Intake-|-Monroe Reflex/Air Max Shocks-|-Hayden Rapid-Cool Heavy Duty TX Cooler-|-Moog everything up front-|-Infinity Reference 1262w Sub-|-Infinity Reference 1300a Amp-|-Eclipse se8365 Components-|

Quote Originally Posted by TenEighty View Post
    I dont know if its my phone or what, but i looked for the speedtest thread (and searched) and no dice. That thread is worthless, but if it is in fact gone, it could mean important threads are gone.
    I can't find it either. Looked earlier to try and compare my speed now to what it was those two or so weeks ago, but I haven't found any sign of it.

We had to shed some weight in order to speed up the site and resolve the query issues.
    The only threads that are gone are the ones started back in 08-09, but anything in the Jeep talk/tech was not touched.
    Threads were pruned from lounge, main, classifieds. Wasn't my first choice, but had to happen.
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

We are back, with a new host.
    Whenever you get a chance make sure you tell everyone that siteground.com SUCKS A DONKEY DICK as a webhost.

Thank you.

yes they do, just happy the site is up. im up for donations as well

Glad the site is up! Appreciate your hard work. If I were not $30k+ in debt right now with student loans, I would be happy to donate.

Just letting you know there still seem to be problems with search. Out of 459 posts, I only see 49 posts - all from 2009.

<-yeah we have avatars again
    Last edited by WiCKeD; 09-19-2011 at 01:01 AM.
    '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9er
    Southeast RT Blower Built 360 & CNC Ported 2.02 R/T Heads / COMP Cams Custom Cam / Crower Rockers / Edelbrock Headers / P&P Kegger / MSaine Valve Body / 247|249 Hybrid Transfer Case / Kolak Exhaust / Mopar Vulcanized Rubber Cupholder