Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    If you need custom gaskets made iirc cometic and sce will do that. But you need top keep quench in mind or it can do more harm than good. But I haven't heard of anyone needing thicker gaskets
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

I'm not sure what gaskets I'm going to use but I'm preparing Cometics with copper VHT spray.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MonaDeRio; 10-01-2011 at 02:51 PM.
    SCT X3. Custom cam. Crane gold race roller rockers. Fully ported 2.02 R/T heads.. Mike Leach Headers. Full 3" cat back exhaust. Custom full return fuel system. Aeromotive 340 in-tank fuel pump. Aeromotive dual port adjustable fuel regulator. Holley 2 x 52mm TB. High stall torque converter 2800 . 24# Bosch Ford Racing injectors. MSD ignition box and coil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why 3 HG's?
    Resident speeding ticket whore

If I offend anyone tonight, I apologize. That's not my intention. I'm not going to guess what your personal line of decency is. I cross my own from time to time. It's how I know I still have one.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy63b View Post
    why 3 HG's?
    Cometic is MLS gasket, so each gasket has the 3 layers. Total is 6. I sprayed 6 layers all around with copper spray to avoid leaks.
    Then I'll put them together and lock with the rivets.
    SCT X3. Custom cam. Crane gold race roller rockers. Fully ported 2.02 R/T heads.. Mike Leach Headers. Full 3" cat back exhaust. Custom full return fuel system. Aeromotive 340 in-tank fuel pump. Aeromotive dual port adjustable fuel regulator. Holley 2 x 52mm TB. High stall torque converter 2800 . 24# Bosch Ford Racing injectors. MSD ignition box and coil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hell, might as well do head studs while your in there. Just my .02.
    Resident speeding ticket whore

If I offend anyone tonight, I apologize. That's not my intention. I'm not going to guess what your personal line of decency is. I cross my own from time to time. It's how I know I still have one.

Always use studs imo. Did you remove the rivets? You know chimeric puts a coating on them so they seal together right?
    Ross
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen4971 View Post
    Always use studs imo. Did you remove the rivets? You know chimeric puts a coating on them so they seal together right?
    I removed the original rivets then cleaned them up, put copper spray on both side of the layer. After all assembled them together and connect with the regular aluminum rivets 5/32" short.
    Last edited by MonaDeRio; 10-05-2011 at 01:33 PM.

AFTER:

Some picks. It looks like RR adjustment was poor and I have some marks on 2 RR and guideplates.
    Any instruction of Crane Gold Race rockers installation?

Looks like the pushrods are too short
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen4971 View Post
    Looks like the pushrods are too short
    6.900 length and those pushrods were on that niner I think from 2003.

So get an adjustable one and see what it comes out to
    Ross

I got the heads from the machine shop and painted them in red.

Now I'm replacing upper radiator hose with the Spectre SS braided flex hose. I cut it and prepared for the e-fan temperature sensor inlet adapter.

I think this is gonna be one sweet engine compartment when your done

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    I think this is gonna be one sweet engine compartment when your done
    Always red, lol
    All brackets will be done with the red powder coating on the next week. The driver side mirror was damaged since I got this Niner so I bought off eBay a pretty good red mirror assembly and it was painted at local collision shop.
    May damage was about $80 total. New updates are coming...
    Last edited by MonaDeRio; 10-15-2011 at 09:13 PM.

The radiator hose is done. Wasnt difficult. Will see how it fits.

My new painted differential covers.

sweet ride cant wait till the finishing touches are put on

New addition. Just bought off eBay for $20 shipped.The last cupholder on planet Earth

View of my engine bay:

Some parts are came from powder coating. I'm waiting for red the valve covers and then I'm ready to put all parts together.

The covers have came today. Now everything is ready to complete my project.
    Last edited by MonaDeRio; 11-10-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Some updates
    I decided to replace ugly black rubber heater hoses with the 5/8" red silicone 3 ply hoses and install shut off valve. Also I want to replace all old black wire loom to a new red one.

Coolant By-Pass heater Hose is done. I'm waiting for some more parts from UK to finish inlet heater hose and install a shut off valve.