Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    I don't feel any difference at startup the engine if I disconnected the battery or not.
    SCT X3. Custom cam. Crane gold race roller rockers. Fully ported 2.02 R/T heads.. Mike Leach Headers. Full 3" cat back exhaust. Custom full return fuel system. Aeromotive 340 in-tank fuel pump. Aeromotive dual port adjustable fuel regulator. Holley 2 x 52mm TB. High stall torque converter 2800 . 24# Bosch Ford Racing injectors. MSD ignition box and coil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sfn's lonely vajay jay
    Quote Originally Posted by MonaDeRio View Post
    I don't feel any difference at startup the engine if I disconnected the battery or not.
    Maybe because you have cams? In my old 4.0 and the 5.9 when my battery has died or been disconnected I would be driving with both feet to keep them from stalling like carlmon mentions for a few minutes until the PCM re-learns and adjusts. Although, I read in the FaceBook group a suggestion that a few guys just idle it ~2500RPMS for 2-minutes or longer and they are fine. I may try that next time. But either way very interested to see how the Battery Brain works for you. It's a great concept just so-so reviews saying the battery was dead anyway or the FOB they provide is crap and stops working.
    - Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by BoostinChick View Post
    Maybe because you have cams? In my old 4.0 and the 5.9 when my battery has died or been disconnected I would be driving with both feet to keep them from stalling like carlmon mentions for a few minutes until the PCM re-learns and adjusts. Although, I read in the FaceBook group a suggestion that a few guys just idle it ~2500RPMS for 2-minutes or longer and they are fine. I may try that next time. But either way very interested to see how the Battery Brain works for you. It's a great concept just so-so reviews saying the battery was dead anyway or the FOB they provide is crap and stops working.
    I installed the battery Brain instead of the battery master kill off, shut off, quick disconnect switch to avoid parasitic battery drain. Someday I left my WiFi datalogger plugged in for a few days and the battery went dead. Now I don't have any problems. The battery keeps 12.5-12.6 V even if the car not in use for 3-5 days.
    SCT X3. Custom cam. Crane gold race roller rockers. Fully ported 2.02 R/T heads.. Mike Leach Headers. Full 3" cat back exhaust. Custom full return fuel system. Aeromotive 340 in-tank fuel pump. Aeromotive dual port adjustable fuel regulator. Holley 2 x 52mm TB. High stall torque converter 2800 . 24# Bosch Ford Racing injectors. MSD ignition box and coil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said before I have changed all brake hoses except the rear center hose. It was changed today in one easy way.
    I bought 20" x 3.16" brake line, a few nuts and three 3/16" x 3/16" straight brass compression unions.

IMG_0225.JPG IMG_0226.JPG

Here is A/F ratio gauge O2 sensor location.

IMG_0224.JPG

Those compression unions should not be used on brake lines. Not only is it unsafe but they will fail inspection in many states
    Last edited by SilverXJ; 06-18-2015 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverXJ View Post
    Those compression unions should not be used on brake lines. Not only is it unsafe but they will fail inspection in many states
    I was trying to find the stock brake lines but there is no success. btw it's a temporary solution. I'll check the rear brake lines at the dealer place or I'll buy the 3/16" SS tubing and make the lines by myself.. I know it's not safe to use a compression union but some branded companies are selling them. An example: http://www.dormanproducts.com/c-237-...-fittings.aspx

Here is the place where I'm going to buy the SS lines http://www.allstarperformance.com/product.htm?prod=997

or regular http://www.allstarperformance.com/product.htm?prod=368
    Last edited by MonaDeRio; 06-19-2015 at 05:57 AM.

Did you ever find something, then go back to look for it and google the hell out of it and not be able to find it again? So frustrating!

So a short while back I swear I found a preformed stainless steel 3 piece brake line kits for our ZJs. I believe it was available in regular or stainless, had the long line and the two front ABS block to hose lines, and there was even a link to a youtube vid about how to straighten the shipping bend (the long line has a simple bend in it to fit in the box for shipping.

Then a month or two back (which could actually be 3 to 5 months, lol!) someone posted on here that they just installed the very same kit. (I thought it was a ZJ. Maybe it was an XJ?)

I've been at it for over an hour on google and on here and this is what I came up with.....

Classictube.com. http://www.classictube.com/

I even found the vid about straightening the line: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAILHXI_U-4

But if you go into the drop down menu on the site nothing comes up for the ZJs - only XJs.

But then they have a link to their catalogue: http://my.youturnpub.com/YouTurn/ClassicTube2014/ (page 65)
    - which shows a kit for 1996 Grand Cherokee with ABS (JE 1050) that doesn't come up on the site. Only shows 96 ZJ but AFAIK that should be the same as ours.

Googled that JE1050 kit number and found it at Summit and some other sites, but there's basically no info or pics out there.

I guess you'd have to give them a call Eddie.

Previously, going back a few years - all I was able to find for steel lines were the two hard lines on the rear axle. Now I can't even find those!
    Last edited by Z88Z; 06-19-2015 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    Did you ever find something, then go back to look for it and google the hell out of it and not be able to find it again? So frustrating!

So a short while back I swear I found a preformed stainless steel 3 piece brake line kits for our ZJs. I believe it was available in regular or stainless, had the long line and the two front ABS block to hose lines, and there was even a link to a youtube vid about how to straighten the shipping bend (the long line has a simple bend in it to fit in the box for shipping.

Then a month or two back (which could actually be 3 to 5 months, lol!) someone posted on here that they just installed the very same kit. (I thought it was a ZJ. Maybe it was an XJ?)

I've been at it for over an hour on google and on here and this is what I came up with.....

Classictube.com. http://www.classictube.com/

I even found the vid about straightening the line: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAILHXI_U-4

But if you go into the drop down menu on the site nothing comes up for the ZJs - only XJs.

But then they have a link to their catalogue: http://my.youturnpub.com/YouTurn/ClassicTube2014/ (page 65)
    - which shows a kit for 1996 Grand Cherokee with ABS (JE 1050) that doesn't come up on the site. Only shows 96 ZJ but AFAIK that should be the same as ours.

Googled that JE1050 kit number and found it at Summit and some other sites, but there's basically no info or pics out there.

I guess you'd have to give them a call Eddie.

Previously, going back a few years - all I was able to find for steel lines were the two hard lines on the rear axle. Now I can't even find those!
    Thanks for reply. I think I found a solution.
    I took a measurement of the rear brake lines and it's 40" and 16". So I'll buy the straight flared with two nuts lines like this coated http://www.ebay.com/itm/RHINOHIDE-63...f369a5&vxp=mtr or http://www.ebay.com/itm/Poly-Armour-...158aa0&vxp=mtr then give them the right shape. Then I'll replace the front brass compression union with this steel one http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Compres...ade94e&vxp=mtr or put the whole long line.
    Did not find any complains about steel compression unions. It's rated -5000 PSI.
    My old center brake hose was in a bad condition with some cracks and all nuts and brake lines nearby were rusty. So I decided temporary fix it.
    Last edited by MonaDeRio; 06-19-2015 at 09:16 AM.

I found a perfect SS compression union at McMaster-Carr website. It holds 5,500 PSI and have only one sleeve.

• Maximum Pressure: 5,500 PSI
    • Temperature Range: –425 to 1200 F
    • Tubing: Use with welded and seamless Types 304 and 316 stainless steel that meets ASTM A213, A249, or A269

Save yourself time and hassle—these stainless steel fittings have one sleeve (ferrule) instead of two for faster assembly. Plus, the nut has a molybdenum disulfide coating that acts as a lubricant for easy installation. Use with air, water, steam, oil, natural gas, gasoline, hydraulic fluid, and alcohol. Fittings are made of forged or bar stock Type 316 stainless steel for excellent strength and corrosion resistance. They are compatible with Parker CPI fittings.

Brass fitting for the brake lines is a bad idea but steel should work fine.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-si...ttings/=xp4bp1

My upgrading project is finished. I'm totally satisfied.
    Downgrading season is open for my Jeep. To be continued.........

Installed the quietest muffler on planet Earth- Dynomax Super Turbo 17769

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161671953279...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.dynomax.com/sounds-of-dynomax/

DSCN1372.JPG

Last edited by MonaDeRio; 07-11-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Latest maintenance things,

Put a brand new radiator ( accidentally hit the old one by the steering pump pulley puller)
    Replaced all worn brake hydraulic hoses
    Installed brand new high output alternator.
    Put Royal Purple motor oil and Royal Purple oil filter.
    Flushed the cooling system and fill with Zerex G-05 formula 50/50 pre-diluted.

$_57vv.JPG
    Last edited by MonaDeRio; 07-12-2015 at 09:22 AM.

Put a brand new radiator ( accidentally hit the old one by the steering pump pulley puller)
    Better the radiator than your nose. I broke mine changing the water pump on my old 97 5.2. Learned the had way never to pull the wrench toward your face!!

I bought a kegger with the fuel rails and 21lb injectors. Super nice deal. Kegger will be modified in a regular way. I already did two of them so there won't be any problems.

attachment.php.jpg SANY0086.JPG

Now looking for cheap 1/4" aluminum plenum pan and 52mm TB.
    The fuel rails will be modified with 6AN and 8AN fitting for my return fuel system.

Some pix w/o supercharger.

IMG_0237.jpg IMG_0238.jpg IMG_0239.jpg

Also I bought one stock bracket for the stock ignition coil and another one for the belt tensioner. After that the supercharger brackets will be removed.
    Last edited by MonaDeRio; 07-14-2015 at 07:43 PM.

Took off the rest of the supercharger parts and supercharger is ready to go to a new home. Removed two brackets, oil feed and oil return hoses with fittings. Plugged oil return inlet on engine oil pan.
    Put the stock power steering pump back.

IMG_0248.JPG IMG_0255.jpg IMG_0256.jpg IMG_0257.JPG IMG_0259.jpg

Checked compression in all cylinders. Around 150 in all cylinders. Not bad for the 17 years old truck.
    Last edited by MonaDeRio; 07-16-2015 at 09:03 AM.

New project has started! Just received and I'm scared. .

DSCN1445.jpg
    Last edited by MonaDeRio; 07-16-2015 at 01:59 PM.

This is the first time I have ever seen a dismantling project thread. Ed I would have been happy to buy the Slate whole before you started to take it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by MexiJeeper View Post
    This is the first time I have ever seen a dismantling project thread. Ed I would have been happy to buy the Slate whole before you started to take it apart.
    Too late. lol

I'm too old to drive the supercharged Jeep. I need something simple and quiet like SRT8 or diesel but I'm going to keep the Jeep as a daily driver and it's still full of performance parts.

Making a stock fuel rails for the AN fuel return system.

Step 1.

Drill the 37/64" holes on the both sides of the fuel rails .
    Make threads 3/8" NPT.

DSCN1498.jpg DSCN1499.JPG DSCN1500.JPG

The appropriate AN fitting has been bought on eBay.
    Last edited by MonaDeRio; 07-21-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Back to the past

Painted in black metallic with the VHT high temperature paint and VHT primer.
    Installed two extra vacuum ports because the kegger out of Dodge.
    Put aluminum 1/4" plenum pan.

DSCN1510.jpg DSCN1511.jpg DSCN1512.jpg DSCN1523.jpg DSCN1524.jpg

Also put the roof rack back and removed "supercharger" sticker from the back.
    I'm still waiting for the 24lb injectors. After receiving them time to install kegger back.
    Last edited by MonaDeRio; 08-06-2015 at 06:54 AM.

I'm going to hit 100k miles on my Niner in a few days.

IMG_0265.jpg
    Last edited by MonaDeRio; 08-08-2015 at 10:42 PM.

I'm done with the conversion to the stock.
    So what mods do we have now:
    1. Ported R/T cylinder heads with 2.02 intake valves.
    2. HS adjustable roller rockers.
    3. Aeromotive 340 fuel pump in tank, Aeromotive fuel regulator and fuel return system setup.
    4. 24# Bosch fuel injectors.
    5. Mike Leach headres.
    6. Bilstein shocks all over.
    7. Hotchkis front sway bar and Addco rear. I'll replace the rear with Hellwig 7613 later.
    8. A/F ratio, fuel pressure and vacuum/boost gauges.
    9. Level 10 transmission with 2800 high stall convertor and transfer case.
    10. Full 3" exhaust system,. Dynomax muffler.
    11. SCT tuned PCM.
    12. Performance Crane Cams mild camshaft

It's still not bad to drive and easy to return back to supercharged..

IMG_0268.JPG IMG_0269.JPG IMG_0270.JPG IMG_0271.JPG IMG_0272.JPG
    Last edited by MonaDeRio; 08-09-2015 at 01:36 AM.

Still looks good Eddie!

I think you're the first person that's detuned their Jeep with the intention of keeping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    Still looks good Eddie!

I think you're the first person that's detuned their Jeep with the intention of keeping it.
    My point is why should I pay thousands for the newer car? What benefits will I get? Nothing!
    I have a rare luxury powerful truck with the interior 9 of 10 and the exterior 7-8 of 10. That's pretty enough for me and I still have a huge field for the future mods..
    For example :

Average price of used Jeep SRT8 below and under 100K miles is about $20K-$25K http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand-C...m=291532500231
    Average price of the diesel Jeep is about $15K http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand-C...m=171881881381
    I'll better keep my Jeep with a good knowledge how to maintain it. Something like that

My point is why should I pay thousands for the newer car? What benefits will I get? Nothing!
    I have a rare luxury powerful truck with the interior 9 of 10 and the exterior 7-8 of 10. That's pretty enough for me and I still have a huge field for the future mods..
    For example :

Average price of used Jeep SRT8 below and under 100K miles is about $20K-$25K http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand-C...m=291532500231
    Average price of the diesel Jeep is about $15K http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Grand-C...m=171881881381
    I'll better keep my Jeep with a good knowledge how to maintain it. Something like that
    And if you spent a third of that used SRT8 price on your jeep, it would be faster, and have a 10 exterior - and guess which would cost more for insurance and maintenance. I went through the exact same thought process when my 97 got totaled, was going to get a used SRT8, but when I found my 5.9 for $4k, compared to SRT8 for $30k+ (Seattle prices), I thought about what I could do to the niner with the extra $26k. It was a no-brainer.

You got anymore shiny goodies for sale Eddie?