Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NOS

1sckrs

NOS

Hey guys im kinda new to the whole jeep thing . I have a 93 gc laredo with the 318 in it. I was wondering if imcan do a NOS setup, if anyones done it on the stock motor and what do i need to do it .

Thanks guys

1sckrs
    If posted in wrong section please move accordingly .

why?

90% of guys here are running NA or blown. friends dont let friends huff.
    Resident speeding ticket whore

If I offend anyone tonight, I apologize. That's not my intention. I'm not going to guess what your personal line of decency is. I cross my own from time to time. It's how I know I still have one.

Re: NOS

Are you gonna run nos or nitrous

Sent from my Ally
    "20 year old "Masshole"

96 Limited5.2 MODIFICATIONS

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nYXkKN1k7M"]YouTube - Paul Walker Fast and Furious Need NOS scene[/ame]
    -Tim-

1998 ZJ 5.9L - Click for Mods
    1988 Jeep Comanche - 5.9L Magnum Powered
    2001 XJ - Daily Driver
    1992 MJ - Daily Beater

Love the first 1 movie
    Sent from my Ally
    "20 year old "Masshole"

You would.
    -Tim-

2001 XJ - Daily Driver
    1992 MJ - Daily Beater

you can i heard 25 was max per cylinder a lot around here dont do it as we dont want to get a tank refilled to have fun we like the constant power.. also there is a difference between a wet and dry shot im not familiar with either of them.. i know one is better then the other and will help the motor to last longer..
    2010 Dodge Ram 1500 TRX-4 Hemi, 407lb Tq 390+Hp, Navigation, Back up cam.
    '79 Hydrostream Vector w/ 150HP Mercury Black Max outboard.
    '07 Acura Tsx Navi, Back up cam, Projector headlamps
    '98 <TRADED> 5.9 ZJ 14.77 1/4 mile ,3in FM 40 series, HF Cat,E-Cut-out, Mx6 shocks,20x8.5 Cobra R's 255/45/20 Yokohamas, 5% limo tint,Addco 1.25" military bar front, Hellwig 7/8th bar rear, Regeared to 4.10's, 13" C6 Corvette Brake Kit with Dual piston caliper, Wj Control Arms, Doug Thorley headers, 52mm TB, K&N Intake, boxed rear control arms with prothane bushings, Prothane trans mount, Martin Saines custom trans, Aux trans filter, B&M trans cooler, 242 Case swap, SCT Tuner Via hemifever, JL w6v2 sub, JL speakers, Kenwood amp,8 inch indash dvd

I just fear he's going to blow the intake welds...
    -Tim-

2001 XJ - Daily Driver
    1992 MJ - Daily Beater

Or that random plate on the bottom of th e car and yes I do like those movies and ya there pretty retarded in some of the shit they say but oh well

Sent from my Ally
    "20 year old "Masshole"

You need to talk to Supershafts....then decide if ya want one, two, or three plates

He's the Phd. of Nawzzzz.
    Captain of the Nine

Dry spray it just straight nitrous, wet is nitroussprayed with fuel at the same time. Thats the major differnce between the two.

If I offend anyone tonight, I apologize. That's not my intention. I'm not going to guess what your personal line of decency is. I cross my own from time to time. It's how I know I still have one.

Administratororororor SUPERJEEP's Avatar
    ok guys easy here......

yes you can run nitrous. i ran a 125 wet shot when i first started years ago.

my jeep was stock except for the nitrous a cat back and cold air intake. i would run 13.7-13.5. it was just a pain to get 2.5 runs in and have to spend $50 to refill the bottle.

im going to move this too fi section.........

p.s when these guys bust your balls take it with a grain of salt......a majority of them are gay anyway
    1998 grandcherokee5.9.forged bottom,vortech T trim,220 cam,ported eq heads,and all supporting valvetrain,4bbl m1,sct tuned,headers/full exhaust,4.10 gears,and the usual bolt-ons,alcohol injection, martin saine 3800 pro billet stall converter

2002 954rr kandy red with lots of mods

2004 f4i. sick inovations cage,kandy red paint,polished frame,si round bar. dirtbike bars, dual caliper handbrake

"wear a condom,i dont want to be an uncle to a bunch of space cadets on motorcycles lookin like you" -davit-

a few guys have run nitrous - i ALMOST ran a 100 shot on top of boost, years back.

it depends on how big of a shot you want to run.

a 93 you cant get an SCT tune for, so you are most likely better off using a wet shot ~100hp, and get an msd ignition control to retard timing when the nitrous is fired.
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

nitrous is for people who aren't fast enough. ill never put the poison in any thing I have or will have. except for maybe a lawn mower to surprise the wifey. and that's when I have a house, a wifey, and a lawn mowed, of course.
    -Sarkis
    215whp/279wtq

'97 318 ZJ

intake:
    K&N FIPK2
    FASTMAN 52mm TB

exhaust:
    Mike Leach Performance Headers
    Full 3" exhaust w/ 3.5" tail
    HiFlow Cat
    Stock Muffler, flared inlet/outlet

electronic/misc:
    MSD Ignition Kit w/ Iridium plugs
    ASE Chip
    180* Stat

nitrous is the cheapest way to add power. nothign wrong with it.
    Ross
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen4971 View Post
    nitrous is the cheapest way to add power. nothign wrong with it.
    it still makes me giggle

its great when your already making power and have the parts to handle the spray, but on a stock motor, if it was to spray at the wrong time,or too much, kiss your engine goodby

The kits today are all pretty well designed for the stock apps. Just don't buy a real old kit from ebay.

I would start with a 50-75 wet shot and work from there. I am still considering a small shot on top of boost. or to help me get out of the hole until my boost really ramps up.
    Big ASS supercharged 4.7L HO, cammed, Custom Made Supercharger COG drive system, 72mm F&B throttle body, ROSS ceramic coated pistons, Billet H beam rods, 1st set of race prepped big valves heads W/ behive springs, Custom one off sheet metal intake, Modified Edelbrock Mustang intake elbow, ATI super dampner, 3,000 Edge racing billet stall converter, meth injected, SCT tuned, 39# injectors, 2 bar map, Turbo Smart Race Port BOV, 180* T stat, True dual exhuast, Built tranny W/ deep trans pan, built transfer case, 275 60 R17 rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by scjeep4.7HO View Post
    The kits today are all pretty well designed for the stock apps. Just don't buy a real old kit from ebay.

I would start with a 50-75 wet shot and work from there. I am still considering a small shot on top of boost. or to help me get out of the hole until my boost really ramps up.
    me too. except, a shot on top of everything always.
    Ross

i know some wont believe this, but nitrous on a stock motor, when tuned accordingly is no less reliable than a motor that is driven off the lot... IF set up right, you wont risk it blowin up no more than a stock motor. my dad has been building nitrous motors since he was 17 (he's 54 now) heck, he has monty smith in his contact list on his phone... they've tuned cars together. anyone who hates Nitrous doesnt know the truth about it. to the OP you dont put NOS on a vehicle NOS is a designation for Nitrous Oxide Systems, its a company. you put nitrous on a vehicle. i have nitrous on my quad, then again, it has almost zero hours on it.. dont plan to put nitrous on ur jeep if it has 200K on it, i doubt it would last, its pretty worn in.
    another side note, the PSI test port on the fuel rail is a good spot for it being we have it in such a conveinient location.
    1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 318 V8 my "go-fast grocery getter"
    2001 Yamaha Raptor 660 "awesome quad"
    2001 Chevy Impala 3.8 supercharged "moms go-fast car"
    1999 Saturn SL2 1.9 Dual Cam I4 "supercharged go-fast car"
    1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3.4 Dual Cam V6 "rare go-fast drag car"

um, the fuel pressure test port on the fuel rail is a good spot for what?

RallyJeep GO
    To pull fuel from for a wet kit, I'm assuming.
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy 2.02 heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

Martys dictom: always run a second fuel line, never the port on the fuel rail....he told me that.
    Captain of the Nine

Quote Originally Posted by RINGWRAITH View Post
    Martys dictom: always run a second fuel line, never the port on the fuel rail....he told me that.
    i second that... or at least put a T in the line, dont use the schrader port

my dads been using the schrader port on all his vettes for years... he runs consistant 11s in his 89, 77, and 87 vettes, no tune, stock 350, stock 700R4... i think he might have an MSD ignition on his 89... juss sayin... now his stingray is a different story

maybe im talkin apples to oranges, idk
    .....................Jeep........Chevy
    1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 318 V8 my "go-fast grocery getter"
    2001 Yamaha Raptor 660 "awesome quad"
    2001 Chevy Impala 3.8 supercharged "moms go-fast car"
    1999 Saturn SL2 1.9 Dual Cam I4 "supercharged go-fast car"
    1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3.4 Dual Cam V6 "rare go-fast drag car"