West Yarmouth, Massachusetts, United States

Spead Freak calendars?

I've seen on another forum they have made a calender using pics of members rides. Pics are posted, voting takes place, pics are chosin calenders are made an sold. What's everyones thoughts?
    98 Platimum GC 5.9 Limited Flowmaster, relocated intake temp sensor, clear corners, 35% front tint, 5% sunroof tint, white face gauges, Accel coil, Summit Racing 8MM wires, 100w fog lights w/new housings, Mopar tow hooks, Mopar Performance PCM, Summit Racing drilled/slotted rotors w/ EBC pads, K&N FIPK

SOLD 90 Mustang LX notchback: cobra intake, 70mm TB and spacer, fender mounted CAI, 1 3/4" long tube headers, 2 1/2" offroad h-pipe, 2 chamber flowmasters, 3.73s, subframe connecters, cobra r glass hood, glass decklid, 5-spd, cobra rims, underdrive pullys, e-fan, Steeda short through shifter

Sounds good - as long as my rusty 93 can be "miss january" LOL

I like the idea. Could be a good fund raiser if people would buy it but I think they're semi-expensive to produce so might be a gamble

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    Sounds good - as long as my rusty 93 can be "miss january" LOL

I like the idea. Could be a good fund raiser if people would buy it but I think they're semi-expensive to produce so might be a gamble
    It could go on the cover! The other forum sells um for $25. Yah I guess they could be $$$ to produce. I guess it's something the higher ups would have to deside.
    98 Platimum GC 5.9 Limited Flowmaster, relocated intake temp sensor, clear corners, 35% front tint, 5% sunroof tint, white face gauges, Accel coil, Summit Racing 8MM wires, 100w fog lights w/new housings, Mopar tow hooks, Mopar Performance PCM, Summit Racing drilled/slotted rotors w/ EBC pads, K&N FIPK

SOLD 90 Mustang LX notchback: cobra intake, 70mm TB and spacer, fender mounted CAI, 1 3/4" long tube headers, 2 1/2" offroad h-pipe, 2 chamber flowmasters, 3.73s, subframe connecters, cobra r glass hood, glass decklid, 5-spd, cobra rims, underdrive pullys, e-fan, Steeda short through shifter

somethign like this went on over at my tr6 forum i used to frequent. it was over $20 per cal.

its a good idea, but only if there are enough people dedicated to it
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

i put a lot of effort into it back on ju but i didnt have the capital to finance the first set and felt weary of getting stuck with 30 calendars and a 500 dollar visa bill.

looks like they could get made for 18 then with paypal and shipping prob looking close to 25

yea checked a few more spots.. with an unknown idea on shipping cost would 25 a calendar even interest anyone?
    Last edited by Jeepkid; 01-30-2011 at 01:06 PM.
    2010 Dodge Ram 1500 TRX-4 Hemi, 407lb Tq 390+Hp, Navigation, Back up cam.
    '79 Hydrostream Vector w/ 150HP Mercury Black Max outboard.
    '07 Acura Tsx Navi, Back up cam, Projector headlamps
    '98 <TRADED> 5.9 ZJ 14.77 1/4 mile ,3in FM 40 series, HF Cat,E-Cut-out, Mx6 shocks,20x8.5 Cobra R's 255/45/20 Yokohamas, 5% limo tint,Addco 1.25" military bar front, Hellwig 7/8th bar rear, Regeared to 4.10's, 13" C6 Corvette Brake Kit with Dual piston caliper, Wj Control Arms, Doug Thorley headers, 52mm TB, K&N Intake, boxed rear control arms with prothane bushings, Prothane trans mount, Martin Saines custom trans, Aux trans filter, B&M trans cooler, 242 Case swap, SCT Tuner Via hemifever, JL w6v2 sub, JL speakers, Kenwood amp,8 inch indash dvd

With shipping I paid 26 and change for the calender I have now.

aero brick
    i would be interested depending on pics used
    a.k.a the aerodynamic brick. dark slate niner gun metal ultrastars, aem intake, edelbrock headers waiting install.

93/94/95 5.2l scrapped
    slate 5.9l sold
    platinum 5.9l crushed
    slate 5.9l fire totaled
    platinum 5.9l scrapped
    slate 5.9l: sale pending
    platinum 5.9l: sold

slate 5.9l: stock 80,000 miles

Can I be mister march??? I have a speedo I have been dying to try out...
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

98 Ram 2500 5.9L 24V Cummins, short bed, Blue
    MBPR Turbo back 4" exhaust, Edge Juice, Superchips tuner.

http://autotruckservice.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Ninergrad View Post
    Can I be mister march??? I have a speedo I have been dying to try out...
    OMG! - COUNT. ME. IN.

I do like the idea but I'm not sure about initial cost + effort vs returns. We might almost have to do it on a pre-paid basis to guarantee there's enough interest to offset the costs. But if we didn't collect enough to make it worthwhile I think we'd lose some percentage if we used paypal, either on the original pay or on the return.

Another concern is, I'm not sure how well that would work on a forum where the vehicles quite frankly kinda look alike? Of course there are definitely a few outstanding non-stock looking ZJs on here, both street and offroad.

We could try to get some diversity of the vehicles chosen, and/or we could get some action shots.
    Last edited by Z88Z; 01-31-2011 at 06:08 AM.

I'm in, can i be mister april? Thats my birth month!!

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    Another concern is, I'm not sure how well that would work on a forum where the vehicles quite frankly kinda look alike? Of course there are definitely a few outstanding non-stock looking ZJs on here, both street and offroad.

We could try to get some diversity of the vehicles chosen, and/or we could get some action shots.
    I was thinking along these same lines. I'm not even sure if we would have enough unique vehicles to make a complete calendar. Frankly, I'd like to leave the "offroad" ZJs out of the calendar. I belong to other sites that are devoted to modifying my Jeep to go over rocks and destroy rocker panels. I think we would have to get some high-res action shots to fill it up - maybe someone running at the track, another lighting up the rear tires (or all 4?), someone on the dyno...just some thoughts...
    -Tim-

1998 ZJ 5.9L - Click for Mods
    1988 Jeep Comanche - 5.9L Magnum Powered
    2001 XJ - Daily Driver
    1992 MJ - Daily Beater

I think we'd have enough if people are interested.

SUPERJEEPs 5.9 is a mild custom, looks good. There's Robzillas with the intercooler through the bumper but that got wrecked and I don't know if he's replaced it yet. (would we use "past" pictures?)
    Ross's is (I think) mild custom but he's got some pretty artistic pictures. darknine has some interesting nines - but I'm not sure which ones he has left now LOL

Maybe some other stuff like Rick/Ringwraith's WK, Richie/scjeep4.7HO's WJ.
    There's a couple of SRT8s on here. I'd lean towards anything modded but even a few stockers to cover the range...

I was also thinking along the lines of Lee3333's drag Wrangler, maybe that shot of Daryl/quikzj launching. ..and again, the SN isn't coming to mind but I think we have a drag MJ on here too? Probably a lot more that aren't coming to mind now.

(all of which reminds me - I assume we'd need permission of owners to include them in this thing?)

As far as the offroad stuff - While this forum was founded around street oriented Jeeps, we've since had a good bunch of the offroaders join up and I'm glad they feel at home here too.
    There's some damn sharp offroad setups among them. Roger/GreenZJs Platinum was a real sharp ride although I don't think it exists in that form now - and (I'm sorry but I can't think of his SN right now ) has that monster Stone White that's dressed to the 9s...

I'm not into the offroad scene myself but I can appreciate any kind of modded Jeep (any vehicle really) when it's got that "just right" look about it.

i feel any vehicle in the calendar would need to have some sort of exterior mod done..

also if cost is an issue we could go with the smaller desktop flip calendar for like 10 a person..
    2010 Dodge Ram 1500 TRX-4 Hemi, 407lb Tq 390+Hp, Navigation, Back up cam.
    '79 Hydrostream Vector w/ 150HP Mercury Black Max outboard.
    '07 Acura Tsx Navi, Back up cam, Projector headlamps
    '98 <TRADED> 5.9 ZJ 14.77 1/4 mile ,3in FM 40 series, HF Cat,E-Cut-out, Mx6 shocks,20x8.5 Cobra R's 255/45/20 Yokohamas, 5% limo tint,Addco 1.25" military bar front, Hellwig 7/8th bar rear, Regeared to 4.10's, 13" C6 Corvette Brake Kit with Dual piston caliper, Wj Control Arms, Doug Thorley headers, 52mm TB, K&N Intake, boxed rear control arms with prothane bushings, Prothane trans mount, Martin Saines custom trans, Aux trans filter, B&M trans cooler, 242 Case swap, SCT Tuner Via hemifever, JL w6v2 sub, JL speakers, Kenwood amp,8 inch indash dvd

I think if this does end up happening it should include every thing from stock to all out modded. Lowered, lifted, street, strip, no speedos though! Davit, Greg, and Ross can make there own special calender. I hear ya John on the permission thing from the owners, but if they are sending in pics I'd think that is a good indication that they want to be included in the calender. I do think it should consist of current owned jeeps, but exceptions could be made for something like Robzillas' with the intercooler or GreenZJs lifted one.

oooh here's a thought!

From Ross's reply in the Intake pictures requested thread - motor pics!!!

That's just good hot slutiness right there!

Or maybe we could have motor pics in the corners of the Jeep pics or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen4971 View Post

An underhood picture is probably something I could provide once I install all of my goodies. The outside of my Niner is nothing to brag about - completely stock and fully equipped with parking lot dings and rock chips.
    -Tim-

2001 XJ - Daily Driver
    1992 MJ - Daily Beater

I think a small pic in the corner if you've got a blower or somthin is a good idea. Maybe even add a little rite up of the mods done to the jeeps on the bottom of the page.

I like this Idea,,,,,, my 408 is dressed like a Sleeper outside ( I like it that way ) but I guess I could put the SRT8 in.

Or how about a drag Launch shot

1998 ZJ 5.9 Platinum - 408 SC Sleeper ( 7.49 / 11.? )
    2012 RAM - Tow Vehicle
    2007 GC SRT8 Daily Driver
    2003 TJ Rubicon Inca Gold - Trail blaster
    1973 Trumph GT6 MK III
    20 Ft Enclosed Car Hauler

aero brick
    well z88z i still have pics of all my niners lol. especially of the terminator one with the projectors. i miss her the most.... either way i like big calender with motor pics on side and write up would be cool. hell do it nice enough and you could sell it to any grand cherokee lover or on the 5.9l grand cherokee facebook page that was started by jpmag360 and has a lot of people in it. who all love their niners
    a.k.a the aerodynamic brick. dark slate niner gun metal ultrastars, aem intake, edelbrock headers waiting install.

93/94/95 5.2l scrapped
    slate 5.9l sold
    platinum 5.9l crushed
    slate 5.9l fire totaled
    platinum 5.9l scrapped

I donate a shot of my EX topless!!!
    Captain of the Nine

I'd have to see it first to approve. Please post.
    Last edited by Terrawombat; 02-03-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    -Tim-

2001 XJ - Daily Driver
    1992 MJ - Daily Beater

aero brick
    so is this gonna hapeen or not

93/94/95 5.2l scrapped
    slate 5.9l sold
    platinum 5.9l crushed
    slate 5.9l fire totaled
    platinum 5.9l scrapped

Kinda died off. I think if more interest is show it could happen.