Brushed Aluminum Interior Trim Pieces??

Do you guys know where to get them? I found one set on ebay, but it says that is for 96 & 97. I cant imagine how 98 would be different.

Also, Im not sure if these pieces are just stick on flat peices that the user has to make fit, or if they are already molded to fit right over the woodgrain... Anyone know?

Anyone have a set installed? Got pics??
    96 Orvis w/slate leather ... Long Arms, 35" LTB's, 231 swap, front LockRight.. Finishing up the built 5.9 install and I have a Klune sitting in the garage waiting its turn to go in...

Post Disclaimer: I dont live on planet Love-A-Lot and I dont sit in circles holding hands singing Kum Ba Ya. If you dont like my opinion just take it with a grain of salt, like I did yours, and simply move on. The sun will still rise, and it will be ok......

A big deal
    Those kits usually suck man. Paint them.
    '03 Ford Exploder- No it's not fast, but it's sexy......kinda.

Paint them brushed aluminum??
    96 Orvis w/slate leather ... Long Arms, 35" LTB's, 231 swap, front LockRight.. Finishing up the built 5.9 install and I have a Klune sitting in the garage waiting its turn to go in...

Post Disclaimer: I dont live on planet Love-A-Lot and I dont sit in circles holding hands singing Kum Ba Ya. If you dont like my opinion just take it with a grain of salt, like I did yours, and simply move on. The sun will still rise, and it will be ok......

A big deal
    No that's not possable. I would suggest color match the truck.

Thanks, but I dont want them color matched, I want brushed aluminum...

you CAN get a brushed alum. look by brushing the plastic with a wheel , then sanding it down so its not as "drastic" then grab some paint that looks like aluminum and your set!
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

A big deal
    Just warning u. U get what u pay for with those kits. Usually more of a headache and waste of money.

A big deal
    Yeah I saw something like that before saleen but I didn't know to much about it. And I haven't seen anything about it in a while. They did a whole car or something to look like brushed aluminum.

let me see if i can find my "chrome" paint, or some silver. i ahve a spare set of interior trim pieces i could try and do this on.

probly jstu use some coarse sandpaper instead of a wire wheel
    Ross
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

To mpaint brushed al. is possible, done it before, short end of it is to base coat a thick hi-gloss coat of al. colored spray paint, then sand(100grit) in a uniform direction, clean very carfully....paint it black!....let it tach up, then wipe/wet sand with prepsol/ thinner to achieve the "brushed look ur looking for then clear coat!
    IIRC the VW in one of the street tuner challenges got this exact treatment on the exterior paint!
    Captain of the Nine

Ummm, no thanks.... That sounds like WAY too much work! I dont have that kind of time to spend on something that sounds like it will turn out looking marginal at best...

try this vendor:

shii-za, didn't save it!! go search 2005 grand cherokee dash kits on E-bay, one vendor has kits for the 98 ZJ.............
    Captain of the Nine

you mean those retard lookin stickers??

sure if i wanted my interior to look like a 4 year olds playpen i would get those.......
    Ross

Try this...

http://patterntek.com/

Iv'e heard good things about this company.

If you do end up finding some Brushed Aluminum trim pieces you can always anodize them and custom laser inscribe them.

If you can't find anyone to do this and you want to get it done let me know as I do both!

Escape
    2005 WK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, Fully Loaded, Mopar CAI, BFG T/A KO 265/65/17's (winter tires), In the process of building a FI sleeper