Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ya, I thought straight cut was loud, heli was quiet?

I'd kinda prefer loud myself but to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by RINGWRAITH View Post
    [/U][/I]
    ouch!
    On a happier note if you line up the stock cam gear keyway with the new gear keyway you can transfer the dot and that one is good. As for the crank gear once you set #1 @TDC you will be able to find a tooth that points straight up and that will atleast get you into the ballpark!
    White 98 limited 5.9 (NOT A 5.9 LIMITED) Magnaflow cat and cat back, Edelbrock ceramic coated headers, Edelbrock aluminum heads, Meziere electric water pump, Spal HP 16" E-Fan, Spal fan controller, Comp cam 20-746-9, mopar 1.7 roller rockers, custom set of timing gears, steel under drive pulley for the crank, single plane mpi intake, Holley 52mm TB, accel cap, rotor, and coil, Taylor 10.5 wires, SCT tune, 180 thermostat, Spectre twin 4" cold air kit, and enough 1/0 gauge cable under the hood to run a small factory!

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    asian?

What you pwoblem, you no like pok flied lice? @/$+"*%-$;#+ lol
    White 98 limited 5.9 (NOT A 5.9 LIMITED) Magnaflow cat and cat back, Edelbrock ceramic coated headers, Edelbrock aluminum heads, Meziere electric water pump, Spal HP 16" E-Fan, Spal fan controller, Comp cam 20-746-9, mopar 1.7 roller rockers, custom set of timing gears, steel under drive pulley for the crank, single plane mpi intake, Holley 52mm TB, accel cap, rotor, and coil, Taylor 10.5 wires, SCT tune, 180 thermostat, Spectre twin 4" cold air kit, and enough 1/0 gauge cable under the hood to run a small factory!

Quote Originally Posted by enlight22 View Post
    this is ****ing sick... is there a reason u chose the straight cut gear one?
    This manufacturer only offers quite and noisy in straight cut gears. I dont know of any other company that offers a gear drive for our motor!

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    ya, I thought straight cut was loud, heli was quiet?

I'd kinda prefer loud myself but to each his own.
    I prefer the loud also but this is after all my daily driver. Im thinkink the "quite" gears will be just loud enough to dround out the two kids in the back seat!!

Quote Originally Posted by rtaylor231 View Post
    What you pwoblem, you no like pok flied lice? @/$+"*%-$;#+ lol
    lethal weapon IV
    Captain of the Nine

And then there was the "minor massaging " of the timing cover............had i thought to remove some of the lower right side of the idler gear plate i would not have massaged a hole thru the timing cover!!!! Luckily a local welder was able to fix my f#%k up and put a nice thick bead of aluminum on the outside for $30. The v shaped splash gaurd above the crank gear on the timing cover also needed to have about 1/8" taken off but that waent well.

And the hits just keep on coming! Lol

Well, the 5.9 is back up and running.definitely has more responsive throttle, idles smoother, i do believe it is timed better now than previously. Only problem is the noise, there is NONE! They aren't kidding when they say "quiet" WTF, I ONLY DID THIS FOR THE NOISE!!
    Anyway its done, on a magnum, documented, and now you can all run out and pay $105. For a set. My only suggestion would be to get the noisy ones and hope for the best!

You can get them on ebay or directly from WHITE PERFORMANCE @ 1-(423)-571-2530
    Last edited by rtaylor231; 11-23-2010 at 02:42 PM.

im not sure i understand this... both the quiet and the noisy are straight cut? how does that work...

Quote Originally Posted by enlight22 View Post
    im not sure i understand this... both the quiet and the noisy are straight cut? how does that work...
    Correct! According to the manufacturer the noisy gears have a different surface finish on the teeth!
    I did have both the noisy and quiet sets in hand for a day due to a shipping error and the cut on the "noisy " teeth wasnt as smooth as the "quiet"

Update----- almost a year since the gear drive went in, i have the motor out for new cam bearings, cam, eddys al heads mezziare electric w/p and other miscellaneous parts. The gear drive shows ZERO signs of wear.

Nice!

I'd like to go this route at some point

Ok, for some reason a large portion of my write up for the gear drive is missing!!

Quote Originally Posted by rtaylor231 View Post
    Update----- almost a year since the gear drive went in, i have the motor out for new cam bearings, cam, eddys al heads mezziare electric w/p and other miscellaneous parts. The gear drive shows ZERO signs of wear.
    New update: about 7 years later and the timing gear set is about the only thing on my Jeep that hasn't given me any issues!!!😆😆😆