Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 125
  1. #51
    5.2 owns sloZJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    That's pretty amazing... just imagine when you upgrade other stuff like the block.

    And that was in 3rd gear I assume? I need to supercharge my shit!
    yea 3rd. i wanna see some graphs of 5.9s to compair the tq. i thought yall were supposd to make more but check out 422 at 3622rpm!!!!!!! get some!

    ordering a stall asap. i think the 28S will be enough tho id love to have one right at 3600 where peak tq is
    93 ZJ

    12 seconds worth of mods
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx9GNaYr5hg

  2. #52
    Banned Wrinklechops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,979
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sloZJ View Post
    yea 3rd. i wanna see some graphs of 5.9s to compair the tq. i thought yall were supposd to make more but check out 422 at 3622rpm!!!!!!! get some!

    ordering a stall asap. i think the 28S will be enough tho id love to have one right at 3600 where peak tq is
    Yea, unfortunately only like 3% of everyone on here dyno it seems. Bubbadog had a dyno recently but he never posted in this thread. You can look around for his to compare torque numbers...but I forget if his was 2WD or 4WD. I would dyno again if I had any more mods since last time Only stuff I've done is suspension and brakes since then.

    Your numbers are very impressive. Trust me, I believe you, I just can't believe you got those numbers on a stock 5.2 with a supercharger and meth.

  3. #53
    5.2 owns sloZJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Yea, unfortunately only like 3% of everyone on here dyno it seems. Bubbadog had a dyno recently but he never posted in this thread. You can look around for his to compare torque numbers...but I forget if his was 2WD or 4WD. I would dyno again if I had any more mods since last time Only stuff I've done is suspension and brakes since then.

    Your numbers are very impressive. Trust me, I believe you, I just can't believe you got those numbers on a stock 5.2 with a supercharger and meth.
    thanks

    lots of meth!!!!!! like the kit is maxed out and its the most flowing of any. i heard your not supposed to let the ratio of fuel to meth exceed 30% meth but im sure im way over.

    heres something that will blow your mind too. i have stock 19lb injectors (hehe)

    p.s. dont forget this is with M5 meth(nitro premix) 100% no water
    93 ZJ

    12 seconds worth of mods
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx9GNaYr5hg

  4. #54
    Member 5.9_Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver Area
    Posts
    1,887
    Rep Power
    146
    This is mine... from last year.. Will have a new one later this spring, hoping for the 600hp range.

    I need to re-take and re-trace the lines with a marker....
    This is the AFR


    hp/tq numbers...
    Rarely Active, in case you are looking for me on here.....
    Past: 92 MJ --> 89 XJ --> 99 WJ --> 92 YJ [RIP] --> 98 ZJ [RIP] --> 05 LJ --> 98 ZJ
    Last: Stroker - 410Cu In, SuperCharged '98 ZJ (500hp+) @12.2 - 1/4mile.... she was a blast!!
    Click here for my build thread....Project Fireheadman 6.7L SuperCharged and Stroked

  5. #55
    5.2 owns sloZJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.9_Racer View Post
    This is mine... from last year.. Will have a new one later this spring, hoping for the 600hp range.

    I need to re-take and re-trace the lines with a marker....
    This is the AFR


    hp/tq numbers...
    niiice. can sean smooth those out a lil for u? or does it feel good?
    93 ZJ

    12 seconds worth of mods
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx9GNaYr5hg

  6. #56
    Member 5.9_Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver Area
    Posts
    1,887
    Rep Power
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by sloZJ View Post
    niiice. can sean smooth those out a lil for u? or does it feel good?
    I doubt it.... ....the numbers are nice, but it could have been better.. and maybe my engine would still be running strong. I dont blame him for everything....

    • a) He either doesn't have the time to fiddle with my build, (just took my money for a few tunes and ran....., I even tipped him).
    • b) Doesn't see it as enough of a challenge to make it perform at peak levels (I know there is more to be had from her)
    • or c) maybe doesn't have enough experience to work with a custom build as this (Which I do not think is much different than others on here).


    ....I've tried calling him (last year), tried emailing him (last year)... he just stopped responding, so I stopped trying. I know there are other people out there that are 100% dedicated to tuning.

    From what I hear, he just does this on a the side as a part time job....so it would make sense to just take on the "easy" jobs and get paid vs really take on a challenge and "UP" your reputation as an "expert" programmer.... Oh well... huh????

    Sorry for the rant....
    Last edited by 5.9_Racer; 04-27-2010 at 06:07 PM.
    Rarely Active, in case you are looking for me on here.....
    Past: 92 MJ --> 89 XJ --> 99 WJ --> 92 YJ [RIP] --> 98 ZJ [RIP] --> 05 LJ --> 98 ZJ
    Last: Stroker - 410Cu In, SuperCharged '98 ZJ (500hp+) @12.2 - 1/4mile.... she was a blast!!
    Click here for my build thread....Project Fireheadman 6.7L SuperCharged and Stroked

  7. #57
    FIRED MOD BUBBADOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1974
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    640
    Rep Power
    541
    I put down 350HP and 360TQ in AWD with no meth and only 8psi trust me truck has well over 400HP easy in it if i wanted to press my luck but im playing it safe...I have gone to far to blow my chit up now
    ......I LOVE MY JEEP LIKE A FAT KID LOVES CAKE..

  8. #58
    5.2 owns sloZJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBADOG View Post
    I put down 350HP and 360TQ in AWD with no meth and only 8psi trust me truck has well over 400HP easy in it if i wanted to press my luck but im playing it safe...I have gone to far to blow my chit up now
    93 ZJ

    12 seconds worth of mods
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx9GNaYr5hg

  9. #59
    5.2 owns sloZJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.9_Racer View Post
    I doubt it.... ....the numbers are nice, but it could have been better.. and maybe my engine would still be running strong. I dont blame him for everything....

    • a) He either doesn't have the time to fiddle with my build, (just took my money for a few tunes and ran....., I even tipped him).
    • b) Doesn't see it as enough of a challenge to make it perform at peak levels (I know there is more to be had from her)
    • or c) maybe doesn't have enough experience to work with a custom build as this (Which I do not think is much different than others on here).


    ....I've tried calling him (last year), tried emailing him (last year)... he just stopped responding, so I stopped trying. I know there are other people out there that are 100% dedicated to tuning.

    From what I hear, he just does this on a the side as a part time job....so it would make sense to just take on the "easy" jobs and get paid vs really take on a challenge and "UP" your reputation as an "expert" programmer.... Oh well... huh????

    Sorry for the rant....
    forget tuning with sct. go back to stockish just enough to get the injectors to run right. then get an adjustable FMU and let it eat. it works. hands down and u cant deny the smoothness of the graph. and it will never fail and is consistant because it all relys on vaccum and boost, not electronics.
    i must say sometimes i think about selling this and gettin a obdII heep but the way this is running its hard to justify the cost and labor.

    OR

    follow daryl. FAST or big stuff 3
    did u say he was on past time?!
    93 ZJ

    12 seconds worth of mods
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx9GNaYr5hg

  10. #60
    Banned Wrinklechops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,979
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.9_Racer View Post
    I doubt it.... ....the numbers are nice, but it could have been better.. and maybe my engine would still be running strong. I dont blame him for everything....

    • a) He either doesn't have the time to fiddle with my build, (just took my money for a few tunes and ran....., I even tipped him).
    • b) Doesn't see it as enough of a challenge to make it perform at peak levels (I know there is more to be had from her)
    • or c) maybe doesn't have enough experience to work with a custom build as this (Which I do not think is much different than others on here).


    ....I've tried calling him (last year), tried emailing him (last year)... he just stopped responding, so I stopped trying. I know there are other people out there that are 100% dedicated to tuning.

    From what I hear, he just does this on a the side as a part time job....so it would make sense to just take on the "easy" jobs and get paid vs really take on a challenge and "UP" your reputation as an "expert" programmer.... Oh well... huh????

    Sorry for the rant....

    This is precisely why I couldn't be more excited for you to get up on Mac's dyno and have their tuner Nick take good care of your tune. That's all he does for a living and as a hobby. It's his passion and he takes tuning very seriously and has a rep for getting the most power of your engine possible while still keeping it very safe and drivable.

  11. #61
    Member 5.9_Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver Area
    Posts
    1,887
    Rep Power
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by sloZJ View Post
    forget tuning with sct. go back to stockish just enough to get the injectors to run right. then get an adjustable FMU and let it eat. it works. hands down and u cant deny the smoothness of the graph. and it will never fail and is consistant because it all relys on vaccum and boost, not electronics.
    i must say sometimes i think about selling this and gettin a obdII heep but the way this is running its hard to justify the cost and labor.

    OR

    follow daryl. FAST or big stuff 3
    did u say he was on past time?!
    yeah, it was posted in the forum earlier this year.. maybe even last year and I just caught it. Pretty kewl stuff....



    Oh.. and I have the aeromotive A1000-6 adjustable regulator with boost reference of 1:1.... increases my pressure 1psi per pound of boost. if it weren't for the SCT disabling things like torque management or uping the REV and Fuel cutoff... and cruise control (even though I nuked that part)... and turning off sensors, I would say I agree with you, but there is just too much misc electronics that it can deal with that a FAST can't....
    Last edited by 5.9_Racer; 04-27-2010 at 10:06 PM.
    Rarely Active, in case you are looking for me on here.....
    Past: 92 MJ --> 89 XJ --> 99 WJ --> 92 YJ [RIP] --> 98 ZJ [RIP] --> 05 LJ --> 98 ZJ
    Last: Stroker - 410Cu In, SuperCharged '98 ZJ (500hp+) @12.2 - 1/4mile.... she was a blast!!
    Click here for my build thread....Project Fireheadman 6.7L SuperCharged and Stroked

  12. #62
    Forum CONDUCTOR Man Z88Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    near Boston
    Posts
    9,646
    Rep Power
    217380
    Quote Originally Posted by sloZJ View Post
    follow daryl. FAST or big stuff 3
    did u say he was on past time?!
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.9_Racer View Post
    yeah, it was posted in the forum earlier this year.. maybe even last year and I just caught it. Pretty kewl stuff......
    Found it. Actual vid is in post #33, 2nd page.

    http://www.thespeedfreaks.net/showth...?t=2113&page=2

  13. #63
    Banned Wrinklechops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,979
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    Found it. Actual vid is in post #33, 2nd page.

    http://www.thespeedfreaks.net/showth...?t=2113&page=2
    I've seen it before but still very awesome.

    Crazy how he was making 600 all wheel horsepower OFF THE NITROUS? lol

    Ben, something isn't right and it's not just our elevation lol

  14. #64
    Member 5.9_Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver Area
    Posts
    1,887
    Rep Power
    146
    i think he was making more.. just giving them something to play with on the show. or that might have been 600 with an additional 125 shot of NOS.???? unclear on that part. Or could be 600 RWHP, which is 720 at crank? Never seen his dyno to know the real numbers, but the track slips does day it is crazy-stupid fast.!!
    Rarely Active, in case you are looking for me on here.....
    Past: 92 MJ --> 89 XJ --> 99 WJ --> 92 YJ [RIP] --> 98 ZJ [RIP] --> 05 LJ --> 98 ZJ
    Last: Stroker - 410Cu In, SuperCharged '98 ZJ (500hp+) @12.2 - 1/4mile.... she was a blast!!
    Click here for my build thread....Project Fireheadman 6.7L SuperCharged and Stroked

  15. #65
    Banned SERB Z06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sloZJ View Post
    forget tuning with sct. go back to stockish just enough to get the injectors to run right. then get an adjustable FMU and let it eat. it works. hands down and u cant deny the smoothness of the graph. and it will never fail and is consistant because it all relys on vaccum and boost, not electronics.
    i must say sometimes i think about selling this and gettin a obdII heep but the way this is running its hard to justify the cost and labor.

    OR

    follow daryl. FAST or big stuff 3
    did u say he was on past time?!
    I'm not trying to be a dick here....

    But what about when an injector goes static because of all the fuel pressure?

    I know the FMU works well but there is a reason that they haven't been used for 5+ years now

  16. #66
    Banned Wrinklechops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,979
    Rep Power
    0
    So I don't even need the Crane HI-6R that's coming with my supercharger do I? SCT for the win? lol

  17. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    So I don't even need the Crane HI-6R that's coming with my supercharger do I? SCT for the win? lol
    You don't NEED the boost timing retard feature once tuned with the SCT for the blower, but it's good to have installed in case of a bad tank of gas or something.

    What you do want (and IMHO NEED) is better spark, especially with forced induction. That is the Crane HI-6R's main function. The adjustable boost retard feature is just a useful extra feature. An ignition box doesn't have anything to do with the tune really, it just controls spark.

    Plus, the Crane HI-6 ignitions are very good digital CD ignitions with some very nice features not found on other popular systems. Compare the specs to an equivalent MSD and you will see what I mean.

    If the Crane coming with your supercharger has timing retard, then it is actually a Crane HI-6TRC, which is about $400 new all by itself.
    Last edited by tddpop; 04-30-2010 at 12:51 AM.

  18. #68
    Member 5.9_Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver Area
    Posts
    1,887
    Rep Power
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by tddpop View Post
    You don't NEED the boost timing retard feature once tuned with the SCT for the blower, but it's good to have installed in case of a bad tank of gas or something.

    What you do want (and IMHO NEED) is better spark, especially with forced induction. That is the Crane HI-6R's main function. The adjustable boost retard feature is just a useful extra feature. An ignition box doesn't have anything to do with the tune really, it just controls spark.

    Plus, the Crane HI-6 ignitions are very good digital CD ignitions with some very nice features not found on other popular systems. Compare the specs to an equivalent MSD and you will see what I mean.

    If the Crane coming with your supercharger has timing retard, then it is actually a Crane HI-6TRC, which is about $400 new all by itself.
    Its worth it in my book!!!.... Another good reason.....
    Lets say you wanna valet your ride but you dont want Jesus (HAY-SUS) LOL... blowing your engine, just turn the RE-TARD knob down to 0 and that will make your jeep a dog... be sure to hide the knob if you dont use it.

    I was looking at this model in my quest for an ignition box, pure digital unit!! The retard function relies on the use of a 2nd 2-bar MAP sensor.... same thing my mallory has.
    Rarely Active, in case you are looking for me on here.....
    Past: 92 MJ --> 89 XJ --> 99 WJ --> 92 YJ [RIP] --> 98 ZJ [RIP] --> 05 LJ --> 98 ZJ
    Last: Stroker - 410Cu In, SuperCharged '98 ZJ (500hp+) @12.2 - 1/4mile.... she was a blast!!
    Click here for my build thread....Project Fireheadman 6.7L SuperCharged and Stroked

  19. #69
    5.2 owns sloZJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by SERB Z06 View Post
    I'm not trying to be a dick here....

    But what about when an injector goes static because of all the fuel pressure?

    I know the FMU works well but there is a reason that they haven't been used for 5+ years now
    BOOM!
    93 ZJ

    12 seconds worth of mods
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx9GNaYr5hg

  20. #70
    Member DefStatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    517
    Rep Power
    110
    I would love to find a place in New England to dyno. I'd start a pool for what the results might be, but I figure its pretty standard so probably predictable. Would love to hit 500hp someday N/A without breaking the bank anymore.
    Deep Slate 5.9 Member #??
    ----------
    Engine: AEM Brute Force air intake, Holley 52mm Throttle Body, M1 Intake (extrude honed), Edelbrock Aluminum Heads, 1.6 Roller Rockers, Magnum lifters, NASCAR COMP Hardened Pushrods, ARP studs, KRC 210x cam, Double roller timing chain, Thorley Ceramic Coated Headers, Kolak 3 Exhaust with large case Magnaflow muffler, Custom ECU flash from Tom at Positive Performance, Kolak Ignition Upgrade, PROTHANE Motor Mounts

    Transmission: Street/Strip Performance Transmission, 28S Performance Torque Converter, Ext Trans Cooler, PROTHANE Transmission Mount

    Suspension: New UpCountry Springs, Addco military (frontsway), JKS Quick Sway disconnects, Hellwig (rearsway), Edelbrock IAS shocks.

  21. #71
    Member 5.9_Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denver Area
    Posts
    1,887
    Rep Power
    146
    A pool sounds like a GREAT Idea!!!!......
    You dont mind if I steal it for my dyno do ya?...... I should be ready for a dyno in month from now....
    Rarely Active, in case you are looking for me on here.....
    Past: 92 MJ --> 89 XJ --> 99 WJ --> 92 YJ [RIP] --> 98 ZJ [RIP] --> 05 LJ --> 98 ZJ
    Last: Stroker - 410Cu In, SuperCharged '98 ZJ (500hp+) @12.2 - 1/4mile.... she was a blast!!
    Click here for my build thread....Project Fireheadman 6.7L SuperCharged and Stroked

  22. #72
    Forum CONDUCTOR Man Z88Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    near Boston
    Posts
    9,646
    Rep Power
    217380
    Quote Originally Posted by DefStatic View Post
    I would love to find a place in New England to dyno.....
    dang I forgot you're up in our neck of the woods - whereabouts?

    I noticed a shop with a dyno on ye olde route 1 in Danvers MA, don't know much about the shop though and don't know how close that is to you.

    Went by it today in fact, couple of muscley cars out front but didn't have time to stop in and check the place out

  23. #73
    Member DefStatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    517
    Rep Power
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    dang I forgot you're up in our neck of the woods - whereabouts?

    I noticed a shop with a dyno on ye olde route 1 in Danvers MA, don't know much about the shop though and don't know how close that is to you.

    Went by it today in fact, couple of muscley cars out front but didn't have time to stop in and check the place out
    Danvers isn't too bad. Like hour and a half. I am in Brunswick, Maine. I go near Danvers all the time going to Boston and other places.

    Everyplace up here closed, or no longer does AWD.
    Deep Slate 5.9 Member #??
    ----------
    Engine: AEM Brute Force air intake, Holley 52mm Throttle Body, M1 Intake (extrude honed), Edelbrock Aluminum Heads, 1.6 Roller Rockers, Magnum lifters, NASCAR COMP Hardened Pushrods, ARP studs, KRC 210x cam, Double roller timing chain, Thorley Ceramic Coated Headers, Kolak 3 Exhaust with large case Magnaflow muffler, Custom ECU flash from Tom at Positive Performance, Kolak Ignition Upgrade, PROTHANE Motor Mounts

    Transmission: Street/Strip Performance Transmission, 28S Performance Torque Converter, Ext Trans Cooler, PROTHANE Transmission Mount

    Suspension: New UpCountry Springs, Addco military (frontsway), JKS Quick Sway disconnects, Hellwig (rearsway), Edelbrock IAS shocks.

  24. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by DefStatic View Post
    Danvers isn't too bad. Like hour and a half. I am in Brunswick, Maine. I go near Danvers all the time going to Boston and other places.

    Everyplace up here closed, or no longer does AWD.
    nemotorsport.com

    Dyno days pop up on this site from time to time. Mostly NH people, but some in MA as well.
    -Dave

    1998 GC Laredo SE/1998 Plat 5.9/1998 Plat 5.9/1994 Laredo 5 speed/1998 Slate 5.9- All sold/scrapped

    2004 BMW 330i ZHP- New DD

  25. #75
    Junior Member Cheromaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Al Ain, UAE
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0
    I'll add my 4.6 stroker dyno results just to be different from the V8 crowd:



    This run was on stock 225/70R15 tires and with the stock 3.07 rear end. Engine specs are:

    4.6L "poor man's" stroker

    Jeep 4.2L 3.895" stroke crank
    Jeep 4.2L 5.875" rods
    Sealed Power 677CP +0.020" bore pistons
    9.25:1 CR
    Stock 4.0 HO camshaft
    Ported HO 1.91"/1.50" cylinder head
    Mopar/Victor 0.043" head gasket
    0.088" quench height
    Ford 24lb/hr injectors with stock 39psi FPR
    MAP adjuster set at 5.20v
    Homebrew CAI
    Modified Mustang 65mm TB
    '01 intake manifold
    Borla header with 3" outlet
    Custom 3" downpipe (no cat)
    2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow SS muffler
    Dual electric fans
    Stock 2-row radiator
    Flowkooler water pump
    JET 180* t'stat

    1992 XJ Laredo - 5MT - 4.6 Stroker
    202rwhp/258rwtq - 3450lb curb - 14.63 @ 94.38

    2006 Mustang GT - 5MT - 4.6 V8
    310rwhp/328rwtq - 3430lb curb - 12.67 @ 108.61



Similar Threads

  1. another A/C Thread
    By Jon20683 in forum Tech Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 03:38 PM
  2. The Best Thread Ever Mod....
    By Moparboy72 in forum Performance Modifications
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 11:51 AM
  3. a thread on the subject of VSS vs 2WD
    By Z88Z in forum Performance Modifications
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 01:23 PM
  4. M1 install thread?
    By GrandHokie98 in forum Performance Modifications
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-08-2009, 12:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •