Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    is trippn'

speedmontzj's quick jeep

well i finally got it home. its pretty fast for sure. im trying to get ahold of marty from krc if someone has a number. i would like to know what the motor has in it before i really to pushing for some fast times. as soon as my fuel gets here i plan to try to get it to the track for some times.
    before we left tim's house

on the way home . car is passing us the the emer lane on the right. the 2 lanes on the left were open. who knows

gonna get some pics of the interior maybe in the next couple days.

Congrats!!!!

Glad to see this thing went to a good home.

I am jelly! Congrats!

Great News it is going to be used for what it was built for..... Yes get some inside pic's as I will have to build a cage inside mine if I go too much faster this year.

Tim
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Platinum - 408 SC Sleeper ( 7.49 / 11.? )
    2012 RAM - Tow Vehicle
    2007 GC SRT8 Daily Driver
    2003 TJ Rubicon Inca Gold - Trail blaster
    1973 Trumph GT6 MK III
    20 Ft Enclosed Car Hauler

wow that looks great glad it was a safe trip!
    1998 Deep Slate 5.9L-SOLD to Diirty ZJ
    Build Thread Below
    http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...light=predator
    1998 Bright Platinum 5.9L-Predator9 DD
    Build Thread Below
    http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...ator-9-Part-II
    "Sometimes she goes and sometimes she doesen't, cause thats the fuking way she goes boys." -Trailer Park Boys

this is one of my favorite jeep in the forum...nice 5.9

is trippn'
    couple interior pics. gonna get a couple engine bay pics this evening.

gonna be changing a few things in time. this is they way it came from tim. still has facvtory soundbar in it. radio is gone so that is a pound or 2 i can lose there.

is trippn'
    underhood shot i had. will get a couple more when i get home.

Nice! moar pix plz!

Looks like that cage is a five or six point right? I'm guessing the two forward inner legs are tied together, so, five? No bars going forward along the doors from what I see? When I stripped my 98 I looked at the dash area to see how hard it would be to go full cage. After seeing how the dash ties in - it would be a bitch

Fuel lines in the interior don't give me the warm and fuzzies but I guess this thing has passed some track tech inspections before, right?

You could lose a bit of weight getting rid of interior panels etc, but honestly it looks a lot better intact like this. I have mine stripped out and it's kinda fugly - but in a beautiful functional kind of way, LOL plus - the rear isn't the best place to lose weight anyway...

So what's been done to lose weight? Does it still have AC and/or heat, cruise control etc?

I don't know if Chris/JGC403 ever sent you a pm but he was looking for some engine compartment pics of this Jeep. I'd love to see some too!

LOL! ^ ignore that ^ - you just posted one while I was writing this.

Looks pretty intact - AC and all! Might as well go fast in comfort! More and bigger pics tho plz!!!
    Last edited by Z88Z; 04-17-2012 at 08:29 AM.

is trippn'
    Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    Nice! moar pix plz!

Looks like that cage is a five or six point right? I'm guessing the two forward inner legs are tied together, so, five? No bars going forward along the doors from what I see? When I stripped my 98 I looked at the dash area to see how hard it would be to go full cage. After seeing how the dash ties in - it would be a bitch

yeah it does have door bars. they are a pita too. they are high as hell . that is one thing on the change list
    Fuel lines in the interior don't give me the warm and fuzzies but I guess this thing has passed some track tech inspections before, right?

he has run it at the track a bunch so i guess it did. fastest time he told me was 11.26 before the redo and the trans was slipping. that is when he done the trans and d60 rear.
    You could lose a bit of weight getting rid of interior panels etc, but honestly it looks a lot better intact like this. I have mine stripped out and it's kinda fugly - but in a beautiful functional kind of way, LOL plus - the rear isn't the best place to lose weight anyway...

So what's been done to lose weight? Does it still have AC and/or heat, cruise control etc?

the only thing that is not there is the radio and factory amp and rear seats. the factory sound bar is still in there and all the speakers.

I don't know if Chris/JGC403 ever sent you a pm but he was looking for some engine compartment pics of this Jeep. I'd love to see some too!

getting some close ones tonight.
    LOL! ^ ignore that ^ - you just posted one while I was writing this.

Looks pretty intact - AC and all! Might as well go fast in comfort! More and bigger pics tho plz!!!
    Last edited by speedmontzj; 04-17-2012 at 09:31 AM.

oh ya - I think I can just see the tops of the door bars.

Competition Engineering (I think it is) has hinge and quick release features for door bars so they swing for easier entry.

I'd invest in those and keep the bars. Might even be able to make the hinged section removable for everyday street use

is trippn'
    oh ya - I think I can just see the tops of the door bars.

Competition Engineering (I think it is) has hinge and quick release features for door bars so they swing for easier entry.

I'd invest in those and keep the bars. Might even be able to make the hinged section removable for everyday street use
    yeah was going to try that or maybe rebuild it with a bend to give more room. i also want to put a harness bar in with a 4 or 5 point belt.

You might need to leave your seat belts in place depending on your state's inspection laws - not that it would stop you from also having the race belts too.

It's weird - I guess in some places they don't allow race belts to replace the stock belts. I'd check your local inspector - if you even have them where you live

is trippn'
    ha hell bama is such bible thumping, cousin ****ing inbreeds that we dont have any of that stuff. i still kinda like it here for those reasons. i did see a couple good looking chix at the last family get together. i just wish it wasn't so fawking hot during the summer.

im really want to 2wd this thing thou. gonna wait for now, but if i keep it and dont blow it up or melt the pistons out of it, it will be 2wd at sometime. i know it hooks better. i also know that tcase and front drivetrain has got to suck a lot of power. a lot more than the normal +/- 20% anyway. wonder what the percent of loss would be?

Quote Originally Posted by speedmontzj View Post
    .... i did see a couple good looking chix at the last family get together.....

Quote Originally Posted by speedmontzj View Post
    .... i also know that tcase and front drivetrain has got to suck a lot of power. a lot more than the normal +/- 20% anyway. wonder what the percent of loss would be?
    I don't know if there's any actual estimates or not but it's been talked about a lot on here. Can't remember the thread but I think it might be the 242 vs 231 vs 249 thread or something.

I think the AWD helps a lot on take off cuz it doesn't spin but robs a lot off the top once you get moving. Although I think others have said they launch pretty good in 2WD with the 242.

is trippn'
    i would say close to 30% i bet. could be less but it has to spin a whole other drivetrain basicially.

other pics as requested interior pics for z88z.

now for under hood

i guess this would be some of the work everyone talks about. already making a new one not so ghettofabuloso.
    i cant understand that bracket with all the an fitting and high end hose.

That is an absolutely classic shot!

sub-12 second 408 stroker ZJ - and a booster seat!!!

Either you're bringin the kid up right or you have a seriously short girlfriend!

is trippn'
    That is an absolutely classic shot!

sub-12 second 408 stroker ZJ - and a booster seat!!!

Either you're bringin the kid up right or you have a seriously short girlfriend!

haha. ya im sending the wife into an anger meltdown all the time. she is scared to death of going fast, powersliding, bouncing her head off the rollbar with a "loud clanking" sound when i dont tell her im bout to hammer it. lol . it took a week for the lump on her head to go away. i went to pick my 5 yr old boy up from school that day in the jeep when i took the pic. he loves going fast, passing a car every now and then. before anyone freaks out im not going that fast and passing cars all wild.

so picture me, in a boony hat and muddy rockies, long hair, in a 2 month beard, showing up in that loud a$$ jeep at a preppy christian daycare/elem school to pick up my son. the first words out of his mouth were " are we gonna make fire on the way home today daddy". the teacher looks at me like she thinks i gonna kill and eat a goat on the way home or something. lol he gets all excited when he gets in "crank it up daddy, i want to feel it shake". my wife had a danm fit when i got home cause we took the back way home and was gone for bout and hr. she said i cant believe you picked him up in that, looking like that. she is down to earth but hates me doing stuff just to piss people off.

Luv It,,,,,, And my wife will not even get in my 408,,,,, sometimes she will get in the GC SRT8 as it is not as radical. ( never gets in the Rubicon, I even gave here a little fold up stool for that LOL )

I can hardly wait to take my Grand Child for a ride ( only 6 months now )

Tim ( no not that Tim )
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Platinum - 408 SC Sleeper ( 7.49 / 11.? )
    2012 RAM - Tow Vehicle
    2007 GC SRT8 Daily Driver
    2003 TJ Rubicon Inca Gold - Trail blaster
    1973 Trumph GT6 MK III
    20 Ft Enclosed Car Hauler

the picture of the side engine, is that the map sensor right above the fuel rail?

J(Just)E(Empty)E(Every)P(Pocket)

03' Durango R/T---All Stock, for now!
    Slate 5.9er--- 210 Cam, EQ heads, Air Gap, 52mm TB, 24# injectors, & Hemifever Juiced UP!.
    03 ram "hemi"

is trippn'
    yeah it is

after looking at the pass side only cylinder # 5 has damage. going to replace rockerarms and 2 studs and let her rip.

what is the LSA on the cam you have in it?

J(Just)E(Empty)E(Every)P(Pocket)

03' Durango R/T---All Stock, for now!
    Slate 5.9er--- 210 Cam, EQ heads, Air Gap, 52mm TB, 24# injectors, & Hemifever Juiced UP!.
    03 ram "hemi"

is trippn'
    well i didnt build the engine, but in my hrs of searching the net trying to find the specs on it, im pretty sure it is 108. dont know where its installed at thou.

is trippn'
    well she is back up and running. got 2 new studs and a new set of ss hughes rockers. had planned to go to the track last night and i had a minor setback. my " wife " although i would call her something else right now, tossed my 2 push rods in the trash. so i next day reaminged some from summit. wouldn't you know they didn't make it till 5:30 in the evening. wasnt going to try to thrash it just to get to tnt and break something. gonna try to make it next week . maybe have a couple pics and a couple good timde slips.

is trippn'
    made a short vid today. my son was with me so i let off when it started heading towards the ditch..