Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    West Yarmouth, Massachusetts, United States
    Wish I had the extra cash. I'd pick one up for sure, ever for my stock niner!
    98 Platimum GC 5.9 Limited Flowmaster, relocated intake temp sensor, clear corners, 35% front tint, 5% sunroof tint, white face gauges, Accel coil, Summit Racing 8MM wires, 100w fog lights w/new housings, Mopar tow hooks, Mopar Performance PCM, Summit Racing drilled/slotted rotors w/ EBC pads, K&N FIPK

SOLD 90 Mustang LX notchback: cobra intake, 70mm TB and spacer, fender mounted CAI, 1 3/4" long tube headers, 2 1/2" offroad h-pipe, 2 chamber flowmasters, 3.73s, subframe connecters, cobra r glass hood, glass decklid, 5-spd, cobra rims, underdrive pullys, e-fan, Steeda short through shifter

Payment sent

Thanks man
    -Brennen

FTW!

Mine arrived today

Ummm? Why two? All's you need is one with diiff tunes don't you? Or are you going to keep one & sell it later when It's worth more?
    Grand Cherokee 5.9 LTD, Owned since new, Treks Off Road Long Arm 7" lift., 35" KM2's,Holley 52mmTB,M1, 24lb FMS injectors, ML Headers, Carsound cat, Kolak, exaust out the back, MP comp. Ed Hambeck Black tinted CF cowl hood ser.#1, Vanco front brakes. The latest photos

No, the way Sean said it was each one if VIN locked, can only be used on one vehicle, therefor needed two - at the very least!

Probably have to pick up a third as it is, maybe even a fourth if I ever decide to try going an OBD2 conversion on my 93 - mixed feelings on that.

MP PCM does pretty well on that one the way it's currently set up and I figure I might as well have one vehicle that's at least sorta kinda close to stock, plus I'd say I have my work cut out for me as far as projects, ya know? LOLz

What's better, having the MP PCM, or an SCT...

I want to know if I should keep my MP PCM or sell it and get an SCT instead?

I do know that I do not want to flash over my MP PCM, so it's one or the other.

Thanks

No way around it - SCT FTW!

If you are staying within a very specific range of mods the MP PCM will do right by you - but then again it doesn't delete the torque management.

For example: If you got an SCT tune with the exact same specs as the MP PCM you'd still be ahead of the game cuz SCT would delete your TM (not sure if you have to specify TM delete or if that's part of Sean's standard magic)

Of course the best part is you wouldn't actually need to stay with a tune that was 'only' the same as the MP PCM, and of course SCT allows for future changes.

So I wouldn't knock the MP PCM. If you only want a certain level of performance it'll do it for ya - but lets face it, who on thespeedfreaks "only wants a certain level of performance?"

It's a rare piece and is still worth a lot for resale. I guess what I'm saying is - sell the darn thing and go SCT!!

I still have the MP PCM on my 93 cuz it's the only game in town unless you go standalone or attempt the OBD2 conversion. In fact that's one of the things that attracted me to the converion idea, as far as I know no one in the Mopar community has done it.

I do like the MP PCM a lot on mine. Of all the ZJs I have the 93 is definitely the bear in putting out it's power - and that's with out having a Y pipe to match the exhaust or a ported keg (yet). The 5spd has more power but it's a lot more effort trying to use it! LOL

Speaking of which - I wonder if RH ZJs had TM or if that only came along with the RE trans - anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Jpmag360 View Post
    What's better, having the MP PCM, or an SCT...

I want to know if I should keep my MP PCM or sell it and get an SCT instead?

I do know that I do not want to flash over my MP PCM, so it's one or the other.

Thanks

Well I am selling my Mopar PCM as I still have the stock one. And I now have my SCT and 8 - 42lb injectors

To be honest I ran 13.8 in 1/4 with the Mopar PCM and vortech with Meth. So it is a nice PCM for normal stuff, but I figure with my rebuild and with Heads/Cam/ ect I would need better program, hence the SCT.

Sean has said he has programed over Mopar PCM's if needed.... but you might be better off if you can find a stock one for the 5.9 98
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Platinum - 408 SC Sleeper ( 7.49 / 11.? )
    2012 RAM - Tow Vehicle
    2007 GC SRT8 Daily Driver
    2003 TJ Rubicon Inca Gold - Trail blaster
    1973 Trumph GT6 MK III
    20 Ft Enclosed Car Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by NoTime View Post
    ...Sean has said he has programed over Mopar PCM's if needed.... but you might be better off if you can find a stock one for the 5.9 98
    Right but that would be a HUGE waste of money.

You can probably sell the MP PCM for 200 to 300 or more - you can pick up a used PCM for what, 50 - 100?

- and remember, since it's going to be flashed over anyway it doesn't matter if it's a 5.2 or a 5.9 PCM (but I would most definitely stick with a 98 ZJ PCM)

Email sent. This looks like an awesome deal that I still hope is going on.

doubt it, this post is over 2 months old, but heres hoping!
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

I just bought one not so long ago.
    So hopefully it is still on.
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

98 Ram 2500 5.9L 24V Cummins, short bed, Blue
    MBPR Turbo back 4" exhaust, Edge Juice, Superchips tuner.

http://autotruckservice.org/

can we get an update to if the deal is still on.. now with the new trans i have some money burnin a hole in my pocket
    2010 Dodge Ram 1500 TRX-4 Hemi, 407lb Tq 390+Hp, Navigation, Back up cam.
    '79 Hydrostream Vector w/ 150HP Mercury Black Max outboard.
    '07 Acura Tsx Navi, Back up cam, Projector headlamps
    '98 <TRADED> 5.9 ZJ 14.77 1/4 mile ,3in FM 40 series, HF Cat,E-Cut-out, Mx6 shocks,20x8.5 Cobra R's 255/45/20 Yokohamas, 5% limo tint,Addco 1.25" military bar front, Hellwig 7/8th bar rear, Regeared to 4.10's, 13" C6 Corvette Brake Kit with Dual piston caliper, Wj Control Arms, Doug Thorley headers, 52mm TB, K&N Intake, boxed rear control arms with prothane bushings, Prothane trans mount, Martin Saines custom trans, Aux trans filter, B&M trans cooler, 242 Case swap, SCT Tuner Via hemifever, JL w6v2 sub, JL speakers, Kenwood amp,8 inch indash dvd

just got word at 330 am that the deal is still on..
    '98 <TRADED> 5.9 ZJ 14.77 1/4 mile ,3in FM 40 series, HF Cat,E-Cut-out, Mx6 shocks,20x8.5 Cobra R's 255/45/20 Yokohamas, 5% limo tint,Addco 1.25" military bar front, Hellwig 7/8th bar rear, Regeared to 4.10's, 13" C6 Corvette Brake Kit with Dual piston caliper, Wj Control Arms, Doug Thorley headers, 52mm TB, K&N Intake, boxed rear control arms with prothane bushings, Prothane trans mount, Martin Saines custom trans, Aux trans filter, B&M trans cooler, 242 Case swap, SCT Tuner Via hemifever, JL w6v2 sub, JL speakers, Kenwood amp,8 inch indash dvd

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    No, the way Sean said it was each one if VIN locked, can only be used on one vehicle, therefor needed two - at the very least!

Probably have to pick up a third as it is, maybe even a fourth if I ever decide to try going an OBD2 conversion on my 93 - mixed feelings on that.

MP PCM does pretty well on that one the way it's currently set up and I figure I might as well have one vehicle that's at least sorta kinda close to stock, plus I'd say I have my work cut out for me as far as projects, ya know? LOLz
    anyway to un-vinlock them? Personally i think its a dirty trick they do to up their sales
    Captain Nate

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRideR View Post
    anyway to un-vinlock them? Personally i think its a dirty trick they do to up their sales
    Not so much a dirty trick as a bad sales strategy.
    There are hundreds of people that have more than one OBDII jeep, srt or 300 or WK or ram. I believe the tuner for those is exactly the same. Tunes are different, tuner is the same. They would have made so much more money if besides the initial tuner purchase they would sell additional licenses for different vehicles. Charge it half the price of the tuner.
    Damn. I should be in marketing.
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

Just ordered mine I'm excited. Now I just need to find the PCM number thing on my Jeep and I'll be ready to roll.

I got the $375 deal. Tell me I made a good decision guys!

We don't have to.
    Once you load the tune with torque management delete you will know that it is by far the best money you have spend on your nine so far.
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

Quote Originally Posted by Ninergrad View Post
    We don't have to.
    Once you load the tune with torque management delete you will know that it is by far the best money you have spend on your nine so far.
    gonna order up mine later tonight..

We don't have to.
    Good What is torque management then? Just curious.

And what do you think should I do next after the SCT tune? Intake/exhaust? Sean (hemifever) said to get a hold of a 180 degree thermostat to keep the temps down.

I'd say exhaust(preferably with headers). That is easy 25-30 horses right there.
    180* t-stat is like a 15min job. They are dirt cheap. Got mine from... hm... I forgot... But it was way under $20
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

I'd say exhaust(preferably with headers). That is easy 25-30 horses right there.
    180* t-stat is like a 15min job. They are dirt cheap. Got mine from... hm... I forgot... But it was way under $20
    Alright cool. T-stat and exhaust shall be next. What's up with this EDDY vs DT headers debate? EDDY is cheaper? If Nick at Kolak recommended me the DTs, they're probably good enough for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    . What's up with this EDDY vs DT headers debate? ...
    oh gawd, don't get the massderbaters started again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Good What is torque management then? ....
    I see this hasn't been answered yet so I'll take a stab at it, though others might word it better...

Short version is, TM doesn't allow 100% full throttle acceleration off the line. I don't remember whether that's an economy thing or a warranty thing (to prevent premature wear on the driveline items) but removing it will give you better off the line performance and better 60' times.

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    oh gawd, don't get the massderbaters started again!!
    Alright then lol I guess I'll just be taking my chances with the DT headers

I see this hasn't been answered yet so I'll take a stab at it, though others might word it better...

Short version is, TM doesn't allow 100% full throttle acceleration off the line. I don't remember whether that's an economy thing or a warranty thing (to prevent premature wear on the driveline items) but removing it will give you better off the line performance and better 60' times.
    Thank you. I think you're correct. I tried looking more info on this up, and found a lot over at the GM Trucks Forum ironically. They said the same thing as you, that it's to try to prevent such violent torque strain on the drivetrain at initial takeoff and when shifting. I look forward to its delete on my tune and hopefully I can feel it

ok fine, ordering mine too.
    5.9 Magnum Powered ZJ Limited. The Pinnacle of Perfection.