MSD Ignition 6425 6AL Ignition Control Box

The 5.9 I recently bought has a 52mm TB, Doug trolley headers, 3" exhaust, K&N cold air intake, rebuilt transmission with shift kit and a old MSD 6200 that's not hooked up.
    I'm thinking of getting the MSD 6425, is it really worth it. Please let me know what you think of it and have you had any problems with it.
    Thanks.

RallyJeep GO
    I ran the MSD Digital 6A box for a few months. Then a heater hose failed and sprayed the distributor, which killed the box. I've been running the coil (MSD Blaster SS) straight off the PCM since then (like I was before). No difference that I can pick up. Although going the beefier coil did resolve a high RPM misfire issue I had with the stock coil (not enough to feel it miss, just felt a hair flat power-wise and then felt stronger above 5k and showed richer on a wideband once I swapped in a hotter coil).
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy MA-X heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

For my 2 cents....

From everything I've heard over the years it's not uncommon for the digi boxes to fail, so probably not worth it unless you start getting into forced induction or some really big horsepower kind of NA build.

Like Rob said ^ performance coils should do the job for all the common power increases like the stuff you mentioned.

Stock type setup with performance coil would really cut down on the troubleshooting if you ever have problems too.

I agree - no need to complicate it unnecessarily. If the ignition is able to do its job, more ignition won't give it more power. Even with my supercharged build I don't expect I'll need a box. If we had old-shool points and condenser ignition that would be different!

That's kind of what I thought, I'm going to pull out this old one that's not even hooked up and not replace it.