Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: some racing

some racing

Hi guys,
    i tought that is better to open just one thread with my races , then open a new thread every time i race.
    i'm starting with this zg 5.2 vs lancia delta integrale hf:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD5y7VGUpE0
    and yes, i got my as$ kicked pretty hard, i lost 4 times lol

i'm sorry if the vid is crappy, but that's all the footage i have.

as usual, racing took place on a private road with no passengers onboard.

any comment?
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap,dana30hp swap,aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/TommyVercettism/videos

hi guys,
    drag racing event today, i made 3 runs and i won 3 times:
    1) spanked some mid 2000s thaoe by a few cars;
    2) smoked a 2016 hemi ram by a car and half;
    3) whipped an early 80s c3 corvette (maybe late 70s?) by a car and half.

vids will come!!

ps: guy in the ram was as pissed as fuc* lol
    also guys in the c3 were totally surprised ehehehh
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap,dana30hp swap,aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel

all i have for now are pics!
    license plate was : BRICK lol
    Cattura.jpgCatturac3.jpgCatturaram.jpg
    as you can see i ditched the gf in the race against the vette, she's 25 years old but she weights like 103 lbs...wich is way too much ahahahah
    Last edited by Mark 318 ita; 06-27-2016 at 10:27 AM.
    my channel

Nice going Mark!

Don't ever let the GF read that or you're in serious danger!

In the video, you were side by side for a little then the Jeep ran out of steam and the car pulled away. Should of started from a dead stop with him, you might of gotten out in front off the line.
    No replacement for displacement!

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo ZJ
    360 Stroker, 408c.i.

Quote Originally Posted by JGC403 View Post
    In the video, you were side by side for a little then the Jeep ran out of steam and the car pulled away. Should of started from a dead stop with him, you might of gotten out in front off the line.
    we tried 2 times from a dig, but he won again. check out 0:20
    my car was dying as soon as i put 3rd gear, at that time he is also in 3rd but at high rpms at full boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    Nice going Mark!

Don't ever let the GF read that or you're in serious danger!
    yeah i know lol, especially beacuse she's very thin lol ahahah (103 punds= 47kg)
    my channel

Not a bash, But I was watching your tach/speedo. The RPM's & speed climbed incredibly slow.

If you haven't lived for something, you'll die for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ScojoDak View Post
    Not a bash, But I was watching your tach/speedo. The RPM's & speed climbed incredibly slow.
    No problem. Just keep in mind that is 5.2 with minor bolt ons.

but honestly that night the rig was defenetly not running properly, not sure why though.
    after that night I changed the engine oil, installed the shift kit, changed the tranny fluid and cleaned the air filter. Not sure if any of these could have helped. I did these before the drag racing event I was talking above, and the Z seemed way quicker.
    I don't know, what do you think?

ps : that night I also had the check engine light with a p0420.
    my channel

my channel

and a few more vids of the evnt
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfOT4oKhIkQ
    my channel

so, yesterday night i got my as* kicked pretty bad by a friend of mine in his SWM RS650R !
    i hate bikes! lol
    my channel

hi guys,
    we planned a race for tuesday evening.
    5.2 vs vw golf gtd, it's a 2.0 turbodiesel with 184 horses and 380 NM of torque.
    on paper he does 0-62 in 7.4.

stay tuned

ps:
    with a stock torque converter on a 44re with a shift kit, wich is the best way to launch?
    hard on the brakes and easy on the gas (let's say 1000 rpms) or hard on the brakes and hard on the gas (let's say 2200 rpms)?

edit: other mods in my signature
    my channel

Some swear launching from low RPM is better - I think I get better launch by loading the converter to 1800-2000 rpm just before launch. Ease up to it though - it's easy to get excited and overdo it! I got too high once and false-started, pushed the locked front wheels right over the line.

I had a conversation with Jason Newman about this - he did 1/4 mile runs both ways and had faster times from low RPM (idle!), and also faster to 60'. Can't argue with timeslips, but we don't know why his low RPM starts were faster, and that might not be the case for all Jeeps. Could be differences in trans fluid, torque converter condition, traction, temperature... or my perception may just be wrong. My butt dyno clearly tells me loading launches harder in my 5.9, but my butt dyno has never been calibrated!

Best strategy for you is make sure it's a short race, and don't do rolling starts, because your biggest advantage is launching.

Good luck!

RallyJeep GO
    If you have enough traction, it'll usually launch harder by flashing the converter hard from low rpm (usually a bit above idle for better throttle response). However, if you're traction limited, the higher rpm against the converter will probably be faster as you won't shock the tires as hard.

Also, keep in mind, a stock 5.2 ZJ converter is only 1800 rpm stall speed, so it won't have the same kick off the line as a 5.9 regardless.
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy MA-X heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

guy with gtd had an accident and got his license revocked

thanks for the advices though
    my channel

Here's some oldies (when I owned her). Not sure if I ever posted these.
    have a few more on my youtube channel.... thought I would share a few.

Watch the tires spin on launch

- - - Updated - - -

and another

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFsB8dhBwKY

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/user/fireheadman1/videos
    Rarely Active, in case you are looking for me on here.....
    Past: 92 MJ --> 89 XJ --> 99 WJ --> 92 YJ [RIP] --> 98 ZJ [RIP] --> 05 LJ --> 98 ZJ
    Last: Stroker - 410Cu In, SuperCharged '98 ZJ (500hp+) @12.2 - 1/4mile.... she was a blast!!
    Click here for my build thread....Project Fireheadman 6.7L SuperCharged and Stroked

awesome videos! just subscribed to your channel.

tires spinning in the first one are insane!
    my channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 318 ita View Post
    awesome videos! just subscribed to your channel.

tires spinning in the first one are insane!
    I had another one against a diesel truck that was clearer, but I think it is on a friend's channel... will have to see if I can locate it.
    The first time I ever went down the track I put the t-case in 2wd (I changed out to a np-242HD case), went into the burn-out box and lit them up.... totally clueless of all the rubber I was shedding and plastering to the fender wells and outside of the jeep bumper...etc Then I lined up at the tree and punched on green and just about turned my jeep sideways. I was not expecting the track to be that slick, but after reviewing.... street tires are not a good compound nor the correct tread for the track pavement. I never tried that again in 2wd, plus I spent a many hours with bug/tar remover scrubbing melted rubber from my paint. Good times! Was definitely an adrenaline rush.
    Rarely Active, in case you are looking for me on here.....
    Past: 92 MJ --> 89 XJ --> 99 WJ --> 92 YJ [RIP] --> 98 ZJ [RIP] --> 05 LJ --> 98 ZJ
    Last: Stroker - 410Cu In, SuperCharged '98 ZJ (500hp+) @12.2 - 1/4mile.... she was a blast!!
    Click here for my build thread....Project Fireheadman 6.7L SuperCharged and Stroked

Please post it if you find it
    my channel

In the end i raced another guy with another golf gtd 7,
    i won by about a car.

i also raced a fiat 500 abarth and i totally spanked him!

vids are crappy as usual , but they are coming!
    i need a video crew lol
    my channel

LOL- a friend of mine has an Abarth - he isn't gay, just his car is! It's pretty zippy for a tiny car though, but it just doesn't have V8 torque. 5.9 spanks it of course - your 5.2 must be pretty healthy to do it!

it's quick because it's lightweight.
    i tought it would have been faster though.

we raced 3 times, 2 digs and 1 roll.

in the last dig i smoked him at the starting line, he crossed the line to draft and he got a little closer, as soon as he got back in his line i started to get away again.
    my channel

sorry, i forgot about the video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwunl4w2MMg
    that's it, all i have...as crappy as usual sorry lol
    my channel

Spanked an H2 last night , from a roll
    my channel

dig raced a c4 vette a few nights ago, i was ahead until about 140km/h, then it was game over for me.
    vids are coming soon, crappy as usual though ahahah
    my channel