Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Finally quella h4s ca me in ! Will keep you guys updated!
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap,dana30hp swap,aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/TommyVercettism/videos

just installed the hellas h4, and the osrams h3.
    i'll post pics with the results
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap,dana30hp swap,aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel

hi guys,
    mmm i'm not that pleased,
    yes both the headlighs and the fog lighs are a little more powerful, but i was expecting a little bit better.
    i'm dumb and i forgot to take pics before the swap lol
    will post pic with the result,
    but i'm starting to think to change also the housings...
    my channel

RallyJeep GO
    Have you tried the high beams with the new bulbs yet?
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy MA-X heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

Quote Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
    Have you tried the high beams with the new bulbs yet?
    yes, they are defently stronger.
    i think the low beams are pointing too low,
    is there any way to set them?
    my channel

RallyJeep GO
    Yeah, there's 2 torx adjuster screws above each headlight (they face up through holes in the radiator support). Assuming the euro ZGs are the same as a US ZJ, one should adjust side to side, the other adjusts up/down.

For euro headlights, if you park the Jeep 25 feet from a wall, the cutoff in the low beam pattern should be about 3 inches below the center of the headlight housing (measure the height from the ground). That should be done with the leveling selector in the highest position.
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy MA-X heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    First picture is low beam, second one is low beams + fogs, third one is high beams + fogs.
    Pics look a little brighter than what they really are.
    also road is a little downhill.
    what do you think?

Thanks anyway,I'll try to adjust them.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    First picture is low beam, second one is low beams + fogs, third one is high beams + fogs.
    Pics look a little brighter than what they really are.
    also road is a little downhill.

Thanks again, I'll try to adjust them.
    my channel

RallyJeep GO
    From the pictures, the low beams might be aimed a little low. Once you get that sorted, they'll probably throw a little further.

Also don't forget to adjust side-to-side. You want the corner of the cutoff V to be centered for each headlight - that will get the most light down the middle of the road. Covering one headlight while adjusting the other helps to see where the corner of the V is.

will do, will keep you updated, thanks
    my channel

hey guys,
    so...i adjusted the headlights, but still i'm not getting the results i wanted.

every 2 years we have to pass an inspection, guess what? my headlights never passes the inspections
    obiviously another car did the test for me so i'm still "legal"
    but the issue still stands,
    i can't see shi* while i'm driving. i usually drive with high beams and fogs on.
    so far i have new harness and all new lamps (see signature).
    would be worth to change all the headlighs?
    i can not run leds, nor xenon because they are illegal on older cars
    my channel

RallyJeep GO
    Is there anything visibly damaged on your current headlights? Are the reflectors still shiny?

Some little parts are missing, will post a picture.
    reflectors are still shiny though.
    my channel

Do you have the Euro spec glass lens housings? They're 20 times better than the US DOT spec plastic crap we start with on this side of the pond. I have the Euro spec, and can't imagine being unhappy with them. Maybe there's something wrong with your adjusters? Were you able to get good positive adjustment with both vertical and horizontal adjustment crews?

Based on part of his sig, "hellas h4 100/55w", I'd wager that he does have e-codes. Something must be wrong with his adjustment. I have e-codes with standard run-of-the-mill bulbs, but they're definitely acceptable. I still want to retrofit hid projectors in a new set of ebay housings, but e-codes should be enough. If his lights aren't passing mandatory inspection in a factory state, something must be wrong.

RallyJeep GO
    Yeah, if the e-codes are that bad and they're aimed correctly, I'd guess something is wrong with the housings (reflectors clouding up and failing or something).

hy guys,
    sorry for the late answer.

couple of pics here:
    IMG_2002.jpgIMG_2004.jpg

yes, they are e-codes (stock euro spec).

reflectors are still shiny-ish, you can't really see much from the pics,
    but looking closely you can see that a little bit of the reflecting material (don't know how to translate it in english lol) is fading and peeling off.
    i adjusted all i can, but a couple of the clips on the back of the housings are broken...so, no, not a positive adjusting.
    so in the end, i think it's time to change the housings.

i'm also starting to think about adding a couple of lights behind the bumper or behind the grill with a separate switch in the dash.
    Last edited by Mark 318 ita; 01-15-2017 at 05:51 AM.
    my channel

RallyJeep GO
    If the reflectors are starting to peel, it's definitely time for a new set of lights. That alone should make a big difference.

thanks,
    i'll see what i can find
    my channel