last minute speed tricks?

Hi guys,
    so, if everything goes as planned, tonight i'm racing a friend of mine with his fiat bravo from a dig.
    he claims his car has 180 horses...and does 0-62 in 7 seconds.
    i'm not even close to that number...
    any ideas on how to shake down a few tens right now?
    thanks

ps: mods are in my signature...
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap,dana30hp swap,aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/TommyVercettism/videos

RallyJeep GO
    Take everything extra out of the Jeep. Including the seats you're not sitting in (passenger seat alone is 60+ lbs for the power/leather ones).
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy MA-X heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

10.4 thanks, do you think putting some 100 octanes fuel would help?
    now i have about 1/8 of regualr fuel in the tank, wich should be 95 ocatanes
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap,dana30hp swap,aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel

RallyJeep GO
    Nah, higher octane will make the same or slightly less power. The stock 5.2 tune won't take advantage of it. But keep the fuel tank a bit lower (1/4 or so) for the run. If it's ~14 gallons down from full, that's 80 - 90 lbs less than a full tank.
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy MA-X heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

ok thanks, i'll keep the tank exactly as it is now...very low fuel.
    i'll refuel later
    my channel

ha i won!
    it was raining so we both had traction issues.
    we did one dig and two rolls.
    more details and what i have of the vids (wich are pretty crappy...) tomorrow, now it's way too late. lol
    my channel

guys vis are crappier than i expected...don't know what to to here...
    my channel

here, it's all i have
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7eZohpJTqY
    we'll be back with some action as soon as possible

edit: sorry if it took so long
    Last edited by Mark 318 ita; 11-19-2015 at 05:49 AM.
    my channel

what do you guys think about removing the air filter from the air box just for the race?
    (obviously putting it back inside after the race)
    my channel

RallyJeep GO
    It's seriously unlikely to do anything. The filter itself is probably the least restrictive part of the intake system.

doh...
    i'm fearing that 190whp bravo lol
    edit: i won just because he spinned those tires in the rain...
    Last edited by Mark 318 ita; 12-30-2015 at 02:20 PM.
    my channel

Hi guys,
    I tuned the pcm with the 93 oct sct can tune.
    Am i going to see any improvements if i put a higher octanes fuel?
    my channel

RallyJeep GO
    If you've got the 93 tune flashed, that's for 93 AKI fuel in the US. That means you absolutely MUST run 98 RON fuel in Europe (they're approximately equivalent). Anything less will cause spark knock (detonation) and engine damage.

Quote Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
    If you've got the 93 tune flashed, that's for 93 AKI fuel in the US. That means you absolutely MUST run 98 RON fuel in Europe (they're approximately equivalent). Anything less will cause spark knock (detonation) and engine damage.
    that's good to know, i think i'm running 95 now...
    i know the octanes are rated differently, but i did not expetc so much difference.
    i googled, but i did not find the solution.

...is 95 gonna cause damages even if the car looks like it's running fine?
    i mean that now the car is running very smoothly (no rpms drops or anything else).
    my channel

RallyJeep GO
    I'd get the higher octane stuff in there ASAP and drive it GENTLY until you do (especially if you don't have a sensitive ear for noticing spark knock). If you hear it pinging at all, it'll seem to run fine, but it can do serious damage to head gaskets, pistons, etc.

Thanks a lot, will put higher octane as soon as possible.
    my channel

i just put in 50 euros of 100 octanes.
    i had about 30 euros of 95 octanes in the fuel tank.
    my channel

RallyJeep GO
    Yeah, that should bump it up enough to be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
    Yeah, that should bump it up enough to be fine.
    thanks "vecio" (means something like "friend" in a local dialect )
    my channel

Hi guys,
    a friend of mine suggested some serious tricks!
    don't tell me they don't work because i tryed them, trust me
    Remove air filterRemove: passenger seat, spare tire. All tools etc
    1/8 tank of gas!!! Siphon off any extra
    Rear tires at 14 to 16 PSI, front tires 36 PSI
    DRAIN WINDSHIELD washer resivoir
    Remove windscreen wipers and foam hood bulkhead gasket
    Remove rack bows
    Clean spark plugs
    Unbolt front drive shaft

If you can get away with it:
    Spray the other guys tires with WD-40
    Remove a spark plug wire
    Stuff an apple in their exhaust pipe....
    Just as you launch, have a girl pull her top off near the other driver....
    we're talking about "tricks" lol
    my channel

RallyJeep GO
    Most of those will help, but DO NOT remove the air filter. It's not going to gain ANY power, and it's just risking engine damage. Removing the hood seal won't do anything either, and wipers probably aren't worth the time it takes. The rest all sheds weight or is useful though.