Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks for all the infos guys. Another question came in my head. If I install the American pcm, am I going to run into problems with the immobilizer ( not sure how you call that anti-thef device)?
    edit: I'll check the evap out tomorrow because now it's pouring rain.
    Last edited by Mark 318 ita; 01-31-2016 at 07:45 AM.
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap,dana30hp swap,aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/TommyVercettism/videos

Quote Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
    The settings for Fed / Cali and such can all be changed in the tune anyway, so it should be possible to get it all working just fine. It just might take a few tweaks to the tune.
    Or that!

I meant to mention that part too Rob. I was going to tell Mark to check his EVAP area and see if his ZG looked like CALI or FED (...hopefully they don't use some altogether different Euro emissions set up)

Then check the US PCM's P/N against our thread to see which it is... http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...M+part+numbers

But going with what you said - the emissions specs in it could already have been changed as part of the tune. So P/N might say it's a CALI PCM but the specs could have been overwritten to FED specs.
    Off hand I kind of doubt that was done though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 318 ita View Post
    Thanks for all the infos guys. Another question came in my head. If I install the American pcm, am I going to run into problems with the immobilizer ( not sure how you call that anti-thef device)?

No, it shouldn't matter Mark.

Over the years there's been a lot of talk about having matching VIN numbers in the PCM or BCM but it turns out it doesn't matter.

From everything I've seen and done they'll interchange fine. The BCM will carry the odometer miles/kms and the DRB setting choices from the vehicle it came out of though.

From what I've learned recently, I guess the PCMs do actually record miles/kms - but it doesn't matter as it does not show on the odometer or anywhere else. It's only available if the PCM is queried by the appropriate DRB type software.

Just a couple of things I was wondering Mark.

Is your intention to try and use the tune as is, or were you going to get a tune written, or try the current tune and see how it works out.

Did you figure out if yours emissions/EVAP area is set up like CALI or FED? I'm interested in what your emissions label says - although I'm guessing it would say something about meeting Italian or European specs, rather than saying CALI or FED.

IMG_20160202_005115.jpg
    Got it!
    I'll get back to you tomorrow
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap,dana30hp swap,aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel

Quote Originally Posted by Z88Z View Post
    Or that!

I meant to mention that part too Rob. I was going to tell Mark to check his EVAP area and see if his ZG looked like CALI or FED (...hopefully they don't use some altogether different Euro emissions set up)

Then check the US PCM's P/N against our thread to see which it is... http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...M+part+numbers

But going with what you said - the emissions specs in it could already have been changed as part of the tune. So P/N might say it's a CALI PCM but the specs could have been overwritten to FED specs.
    Off hand I kind of doubt that was done though.

No, it shouldn't matter Mark.

Over the years there's been a lot of talk about having matching VIN numbers in the PCM or BCM but it turns out it doesn't matter.

From everything I've seen and done they'll interchange fine. The BCM will carry the odometer miles/kms and the DRB setting choices from the vehicle it came out of though.

From what I've learned recently, I guess the PCMs do actually record miles/kms - but it doesn't matter as it does not show on the odometer or anywhere else. It's only available if the PCM is queried by the appropriate DRB type software.

Just a couple of things I was wondering Mark.

Is your intention to try and use the tune as is, or were you going to get a tune written, or try the current tune and see how it works out.

Did you figure out if yours emissions/EVAP area is set up like CALI or FED? I'm interested in what your emissions label says - although I'm guessing it would say something about meeting Italian or European specs, rather than saying CALI or FED.
    Thanks for the hel as usual,
    i did not check the evap yet, will do as soon as possible.

the idea is to try the can tune and see how it works, after that i'll decide if i need a better tune or not.
    my channel

it works!
    i tuned my euro spec pcm!
    i gained more than 2 tens of a sec from 0 to 62 mph (100km/h).
    i'm loving it so far!

the only issue is that the tranny is shifting even worse...
    my channel

Hi guys, next weekend I'm planning a 3 days off-road trip with the zg. I will not need the 93 oct tune. Question is: is it possible to connect the sct tuner and change the tune ? Install the 91 oct tune instead of the 93? Can I switch any time I want?
    I'm asking this just to save some gas money because higher octanes fuel is very expensive. So with the 91 tune I can run 95 instead of 100.
    my channel

RallyJeep GO
    You can use the SCT to re-flash the tune whenever you want. But keep in mind, the higher octane tune may end up giving slightly better mpg, so depending on the cost difference, it may or may not be any more expensive to run.
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy MA-X heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

yeah i was thinking about that too,
    question is: what is the mpg difference between 91oct tune while using 95 euro gas and 93oct tune using a mix of 95 and 100 euro gas?
    price is 1,40 euros for a liter of 95 and 1,55 euros for a liter of 100.
    my channel

RallyJeep GO
    Probably not a whole lot. And 91 vs 93 probably doesn't have a significant power difference either for canned tunes.
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy MA-X heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

Hi guys,
    do you know how many degrees of advance is the 93 octanes tune running?
    my channel

RallyJeep GO
    Timing advance will vary significantly with RPM and load. No idea what one of Ryan's timing curves looks like though.

understood thanks.

my problem is that lately i'm having serious issues finding 100 octanes (euro spec) fuel.
    so sometimes i have to go with 95

i know that you already told me that running 95 is not good, but i can't just keep switching tunes...

if i run very lightly can i use 95 fuel (euro spec) with the 93 tune?

not sure what to do here....
    my channel

RallyJeep GO
    I wouldn't do it. You'll probably end up with pinging (which leads to damage).

97 or 98 RON should be equivalent to our 93 octane if you can find it. Otherwise, if there's an 89 or 91 octane tune on there, use that and you should be safe for 95 RON (about equivalent to our 91 octane).

10.4 thanks.
    i have to search more info about pinging, especially how to translate it in Italian.
    If 100 octanes (euro spec) is hard to find, 98 is impossible.
    The only gas station that has 98 that I know about is 35km from where I live, I don't even know if I can really trust it.
    im thinking about adding some octanes booster
    the only thing that I can tell is that if I run on 95 I can not hear any engine noise.
    Last edited by Mark 318 ita; 11-03-2016 at 03:16 AM.
    my channel

Hey guys,
    sorry to bother you, probably a dumb question. i have an sct tuner with 3 can tunes (87,91 and 93). can i switch tunes on my zj every time i want to, right?
    i'm asking because right now i'm running the 93 one, but i'd like to run 91 for everyday driving and switching to 93 when the action calls.
    thanks
    my channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 318 ita View Post
    can i switch tunes on my zj every time i want to, right?
    Yes- switch tunes any time and as often as you like on one vehicle. The only limitation is the number of different vehicles the tuner can be programmed for, and it can only hold programs for one vehicle at a time.

thanks
    my channel