Thread: Fuel injectors

Fuel injectors

What's the deference between one-hole injector and 4-holes?
    What's better?
    SCT X3. Custom cam. Crane gold race roller rockers. Fully ported 2.02 R/T heads.. Mike Leach Headers. Full 3" cat back exhaust. Custom full return fuel system. Aeromotive 340 in-tank fuel pump. Aeromotive dual port adjustable fuel regulator. Holley 2 x 52mm TB. High stall torque converter 2800 . 24# Bosch Ford Racing injectors. MSD ignition box and coil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much talk says that 4 hole injectors create better atomization of fuel. I have 24lb Ford injectors in mine. FlyinRyan says meh there's no proven data that shows better performance or power. That leads me to believe that they may not help but they won't hurt. That leaves me feeling the the money is better spent elsewhere.

For a given fuel flow the four hole injector hole size is about half the diameter, so the atomization would be better, which means less liquid fuel in the cylinder for a more efficient burn. The four hole also gives a wider spray pattern, so mixes with air more thoroughly - again, more efficient burn. It might not give more power, but should be at least equal power with less fuel and less emissions.
    Four hole is definitely better. I think it's worth it, especially if you're changing injectors anyway.

I have two sets of 19LB orange injectors with 4 holes and 21lb red with one hole. That's why I was asking.
    I found a good source where I can buy the injectors , used or new. Probably I'll go with 24lb, 4 holes.
    Here is the source: http://forums.corral.net/forums/fuel-system-related/
    SCT X3. Custom cam. Crane gold race roller rockers. Fully ported 2.02 R/T heads.. Mike Leach Headers. Full 3" cat back exhaust. Custom full return fuel system. Aeromotive 340 in-tank fuel pump. Aeromotive dual port adjustable fuel regulator. Holley 2 x 52mm TB. High stall torque converter 2800 . 24# Bosch Ford Racing injectors. MSD ignition box and coil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RallyJeep GO
    Any reason you're changing injectors? The 39lb ones you have in there now will work fine without boost, they'll just be bigger than needed.
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy 2.02 heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

Quote Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
    Any reason you're changing injectors? The 39lb ones you have in there now will work fine without boost, they'll just be bigger than needed.
    I was wondering about this... wouldn't it run rich in open loop unless it's reprogrammed?

Quote Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
    I have a tune that was made for 24lb injectors so I want to use it with a new setup. Bought on eBay used for $30 p/n BOSCH 0280155849.To order a new tune will be some sort of expensive.
    Also I'm going to sell the the whole M1 intake with the 39lb injectors .
    Last edited by MonaDeRio; 07-22-2015 at 09:35 AM.

RallyJeep GO
    Quote Originally Posted by carlmon View Post
    I was wondering about this... wouldn't it run rich in open loop unless it's reprogrammed?
    Yes/no. Ideally it would need a proper tune for the injectors. But if you change injector size and nothing else, it'll only run rich for the first 1 - 2 drive cycles while it learns the fuel trims. Once it's done learning, it'll apply the adjustment (such as -10%) in open loop as well as closed loop (unless you hit the maximum adjustment threshold, which will throw a CEL for running rich or lean).
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy 2.02 heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods