Pistons and piston rings set

I'm planning to replace pistons and piston rings only. Bore size will be 4.030 I think. Any recommendation what brand should I buy for the stock engine?
    Not going to 408 stroker.
    SCT X3. Custom cam. Crane gold race roller rockers. Fully ported 2.02 R/T heads.. Mike Leach Headers. Full 3" cat back exhaust. Custom full return fuel system. Aeromotive 340 in-tank fuel pump. Aeromotive dual port adjustable fuel regulator. Holley 2 x 52mm TB. High stall torque converter 2800 . 24# Bosch Ford Racing injectors. MSD ignition box and coil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RallyJeep GO
    Being that you're running boost, I'd shoot for something forged.
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy 2.02 heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

I'm running 15 psi boost sometimes on stock parts and no issues.

My research:

Cylinder head gaskets will be Fel-Pro 1008 or Cometic MLS 5565-027

I like those pistons http://www.ebay.com/itm/281338038070...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Comes with the rings.

Another stock pistons - http://www.ebay.com/itm/200775115462...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and rings - http://www.ebay.com/itm/391029688122...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    SCT X3. Custom cam. Crane gold race roller rockers. Fully ported 2.02 R/T heads.. Mike Leach Headers. Full 3" cat back exhaust. Custom full return fuel system. Aeromotive 340 in-tank fuel pump. Aeromotive dual port adjustable fuel regulator. Holley 2 x 52mm TB. High stall torque converter 2800 . 24# Bosch Ford Racing injectors. MSD ignition box and coil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RallyJeep GO
    Be aware, running flat top pistons will raise your compression, especially if you have the block decked so you can get the quench height correct. With iron heads, and a decked block, you'll end up with over 11:1 compression, which is a no-go for boost on pump gas.

The second set of pistons you linked would give about 9.3:1 compression assuming the block is decked to get the pistons flush with the block. I'd shoot for something in that range (under 9.5:1), making sure the pistons are beefy enough to handle boost well. A stock type piston can do it, but something forged will have a lot more margin for error in tuning and such without blowing up.
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy 2.02 heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

Quote Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
    Be aware, running flat top pistons will raise your compression, especially if you have the block decked so you can get the quench height correct. With iron heads, and a decked block, you'll end up with over 11:1 compression, which is a no-go for boost on pump gas.

The second set of pistons you linked would give about 9.3:1 compression assuming the block is decked to get the pistons flush with the block. I'd shoot for something in that range (under 9.5:1), making sure the pistons are beefy enough to handle boost well. A stock type piston can do it, but something forged will have a lot more margin for error in tuning and such without blowing up.
    Thank for reply. I decided to delete a supercharger and run the engine close to the stock. I will go back to 24LB injectors , put the smaller fuel rails and 52mm TB.
    In this case which set will suit my engine better?
    btw I found one more value set of pistons and ring http://www.ebay.com/itm/271734165105...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    What do you think?

RallyJeep GO
    If you're going back to NA, being that you've got iron heads, I'd shoot for somewhere around 10:1 compression unless your cam is pretty big. What's the duration on the cam in there?

Quote Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
    If you're going back to NA, being that you've got iron heads, I'd shoot for somewhere around 10:1 compression unless your cam is pretty big. What's the duration on the cam in there?
    I think I have this cam installed SKU: 708511 Crane Cams HR-214/325-2S-14 Hydraulic Roller Camshaft Chrysler Magnum 5.2 5.9L V8 92-02 RPM Range: 1800-5800, Duration @.050": 214/220, Lift: 0.52/0.531, Lobe Separation: 114

Good mid range torque and HP, good idle, daily usage, mild supercharged, cylinder head and computer upgrades required, 2600- 3400 cruise RPM, 8.75 to 10.5 compression ratio advised.

I have ported R/T heads.

RallyJeep GO
    With that cam, I'd shoot for pistons that'll give around 10:1 compression. Should be able to make some good power without having to tune super carefully to keep it out of detonation.