Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Who updated the site? It looks much more cleaned up now.

I did. Y'all welcome
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

98 Ram 2500 5.9L 24V Cummins, short bed, Blue
    MBPR Turbo back 4" exhaust, Edge Juice, Superchips tuner.

http://autotruckservice.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Ninergrad View Post
    I did. Y'all welcome
    How?... did you have power last night? Mine just came back on down the street in Juanita, and the world is diffrnt. Now I just need to figure out what's diffrnt, besides the slate niner background.
    Have noticed the site hasn't been down for quite a while, which was the hugest improvement... how'd that happen?

How rude of me not to say 'thanks'. Thanks!- so glad you're doing whatever your're doing to keep it alive. I would die or boredom if I could only get my niner fix on facecrook.
    Last edited by carlmon; 11-18-2015 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Rudeness

Some of the old Threads that were not being used look like they have been eliminated or moved.

Great job Ninergrad!

Looks nice!

Bravo big D!

After all these good works i tought that this forum would have gotten more attention...
    instead, it's just getting worse

the only thing i can think of is to do some advertisement on the variuos FB pages and other forums by writing that the forum is back at full power!
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap,dana30hp swap,aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/TommyVercettism/videos

We toss out the Forum when ever we can. However most of this (excluding a select few) is "race jeep" ) stuff and the 4slo and 5.2 tree bangers do not care as long they can stop the death wobble.

Come on guys, now the site is back on line! Let's hear your progress!!
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap,dana30hp swap,aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 318 ita View Post
    Posting now! Anyone know what happened? Tried posting my head porting progress a few days ago, and no Speedfreaks! The thought of getting by with only that damn FB group is intolerable. Speedfreaks must never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 318 ita View Post
    The only thing I've done on the ZJ was install the new steering linkage. It's at a shop right now getting aligned. This is hardly thread-updating worthy.

Drove mine... For the second time this year, which is a pretty big deal... Probably put maybe 50-60 miles on it and the thing is just a beast.. Wish I could drive something like that everyday but I dont want to put miles on it. The 4.0 is nothing like the 5.9 when youve got O/D off and you get on the gas. Love how ryans tune keeps the converter unlocked.
    1998 Jeep 5.9- Slate Black

Its been about 3 years since I have been here. I parked the jeep out back 3 years ago with all the other projects and let her sit. I was going to sell her but I just could not bring myself to do so. I have so much money into that thing it drove me crazy to think about selling it. You cant get much $$ for a 1998 ! So, yesterday I decided to start driving it again. It had a inch of dust on it and a dead battery. Charged the Battery and she started right up. I gave her a good wash inside and out even underneath ! Had the broken rear track bar mount welded (was broke off) put in a new rear Rubicon express adjustable trac bar that did not fit ! Took a cheater bar to the trac bar and "redesigned" it to fit. Gave her a oil change and lube. Tightened a couple of the long arms that were loose. Went to the upholstery shop and ordered some materiel to recover the drivers seat cushion. I took out all the speakers and started to install the new "American Bass" speakers. Its a 2 ohm system. I have not picked out a deck yet as I love the controls on the steering wheel. Any input on a deck will be appreciated 20160923_162617.jpg
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Platinum. Mods: Rubicon Express 7"- 8" Long arm lift, JKS disco's, Martin Saine Transmission and low stall torque converter, NP242 with hack n tap, 30 tooth speedo gear, front and rear HD CV drive-lines, Yukon inner and outer 4340 axles with 297 u-joints, Brembo rotors n pads, Kevins Off-road Track Bar Conversion, Rancho 9000's, Spidertrax 1.5 wheel spacers, Toyo Open country MT LT285/70R-1810 127Q tires, 2007 18'' Dodge Charger rims, Brass Radiator, Stealth Conversions Coolant Sight Glass-Bleeder, 180 T-Stat, Lee Power Steering Pump with custom reservoir, Euro H4 glass Headlights with bypass electrical, Magnacore wire set, Brass cap n rotor, MSD Coil, Upgraded fuel injectors, DougThorley Headers, Kolak 3'' exhaust, Flomaster Super 44, Hi Flo Cat, insulated AEM CAI, welded plenum, New A/C compressor, evaporator, receiver tank, heater core and blower motor, Fresh Air intake bug screen for heater box, Dana 44 rear axle, Rear sway-bar delete, Spare tire delete, sensors deleted on rear hatch.

glad to see some activity guys, let's keep this up
    my channel

Quote Originally Posted by da ice man View Post
    I have not picked out a deck yet as I love the controls on the steering wheel. Any input on a deck will be appreciated
    I've got some device that lets my steering controls interface with my Alpine head unit - I think it's made by Scosche. For head unit, if you want to stick with the vintage 1.5 DIN stock size, Alpine D85x series (852, 853, 855, 857 I think mine's the D855), and I think Pioneer also made a 1.5 DIN that could take steering wheel control. The Alpines are hard to find, and usually not cheap. If you want something new you're stuck with either a filler plate for a single DIN or modifying your dash for a double DIN.
    How are those door drivers for mounting depth? It's pretty tight in the front because the window track gets in the way. I had to use spacers under mine, but still managed to fit in the stock grills - and they were pretty low-profile.
    Maybe you should restart this thread in the 'car audio/video section'...
    Last edited by carlmon; 09-24-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Jeep activity = $$$$$$$

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info, will check into it.
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Platinum. Mods: Rubicon Express 7"- 8" Long arm lift, JKS disco's, Martin Saine Transmission and low stall torque converter, NP242 with hack n tap, 30 tooth speedo gear, front and rear HD CV drive-lines, Yukon inner and outer 4340 axles with 297 u-joints, Brembo rotors n pads, Kevins Off-road Track Bar Conversion, Rancho 9000's, Spidertrax 1.5 wheel spacers, Toyo Open country MT LT285/70R-1810 127Q tires, 2007 18'' Dodge Charger rims, Brass Radiator, Stealth Conversions Coolant Sight Glass-Bleeder, 180 T-Stat, Lee Power Steering Pump with custom reservoir, Euro H4 glass Headlights with bypass electrical, Magnacore wire set, Brass cap n rotor, MSD Coil, Upgraded fuel injectors, DougThorley Headers, Kolak 3'' exhaust, Flomaster Super 44, Hi Flo Cat, insulated AEM CAI, welded plenum, New A/C compressor, evaporator, receiver tank, heater core and blower motor, Fresh Air intake bug screen for heater box, Dana 44 rear axle, Rear sway-bar delete, Spare tire delete, sensors deleted on rear hatch.

Jeep activity = $$$$$$$
    you've got a point
    my channel

I have not picked out a deck yet as I love the controls on the steering wheel. Any input on a deck will be appreciated.
    With our project, as long as the radio control protocol has been decoded and is accessible through the 3.5mm radio control port (if it has one), you don't have to lose the controls. The code we have already works with Alpine units with 3.5mm radio control port. I use mine daily.

http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...t&goto=newpost

Build the hardware and install it. Done...or buy an aftermarket unit and go that route. If you're crafty, you can save yourself some $$$ and have some fun doing it.

i was wondering,
    on fb pages i see a lot of activity about Ram's and Durango's, and pretty much nothing about Zj's...why should you build a ram or a rango instead of a zj knowing that they are havier than a zj so they won't be as quick with the same mods?
    my channel

Mark,

There are a lot of ZJ pages on FB. Sadly most are a slaughter house for those new to the ZJ and ask new owner questions, or they are full of people who purposely ask/post stupid stuff ( also known as "trolls") I like this forum. However FB ability to get quicker response and to upload photos hinders all these type forums or bulletin boards.

I'm still here quietly skulking around in the periphery.

This is still where I keep my primary build thread, and I've updated it with the axle build.

Forums will always be a better resource than FB groups. I un-follow most of my FB groups just because I get sick of the same random newbie questions getting posted over and over and over, or other off-topic questions crowding my newsfeed before an admin can delete them. It's easier to just check it the way I do a forum, and then go back to ignoring it for a couple days.