Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    whacker of the wang 98cherokee5.9's Avatar

Is it just me or has this site died ?

Just as the title states :

This site used to be crazy busy with people and conversations but the last year or maybe even longer it seems to have slowed down , any of the long time members feel the same or is it just me ?Where did everyone go ? Is there another site dedicated to our 5.9 or ZJ that I haven't heard of ? Or is this just a dying breed that has moved
    on to new projects in life ?
    1998 JEEP G.C 5.9 STONE WHITE-roof rack delete, de ambered taillamps,clear corners, spectre 4" airhat and 4" intake tube , ported T.B , Ported factory intake, MSD coil, autolite 3923 plugs, Magnacore 8.5mm wires, 180 T-stat, SCT tuned, h&r lowering springs, Bilstein HD shocks , 3" glass pack muffler, 3" hi-flo cat, 2.5" down pipes,flowmaster 3" merge ,24# FMS injectors,255 walbro Fuel pump.

I think Facebook groups are turning forums into dinosaurs. I'm seeing it happen elsewhere too.

Facebook.
    We are a generation of instant gratification.
    Facebook groups use us as a reference, but spit out answer faster.
    So, yeah, site is pretty much a Wikipedia of 5.9 knowledge now.
    -Davit.

98 ZJ 5.9L Slate
    Click here for MODS

98 Ram 2500 5.9L 24V Cummins, short bed, Blue
    MBPR Turbo back 4" exhaust, Edge Juice, Superchips tuner.

http://autotruckservice.org/

I hate Facebook. Is it really that active and helpful? If I need niner advice, this is the place.
    I think it's the natural progression (or regression) of a 17 year old Jeep. More niners are ending up in junk yards every day. I don't know how active it used to be, but I'm relatively new here (8 months?), and there have been several other new faces since I found it, but on average it's bound to diminish over time, though the body of knowledge is still growing (the Wikipedia of 5.9, as Ninergrad said).

i know i'm not a pillar on this forum, i don't have the knowledge you have...but i love this forum, come on guys, don't let it die
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap, aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, tcase skid, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/TommyVercettism/videos

It's happening to my offroad forum too. And the bitch is, Facebook is AWFUL for archived content, build threads, stickied information, etc. Not to mention the larger influx of idiots than normal.

Forums are the way to go, as when you visit a forum, you're only looking to do one thing. When you get on facebook, you check up on your ex, watch bullshit videos, and then eventually make your way to the same group post that's been active for the past two days.

Ugh. Can you tell I don't like the platform?

I'm still kicking around. Once I find a minute and get some stuff done I will be knocking the dust off my thread.

Yeah this site has really suffered a drop in posts per day. My offroad forum is booming however gaining new members weekly. We require log in every 3 months and 1 trail run per year to maintain membership which causes people to be active. I don't expect much in the near future for work on the niner and I don't possess much knowledge for helping others but I am here reading.
    We do not remember days, we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese

Quote Originally Posted by x10radsponge View Post
    I'm still kicking around. Once I find a minute and get some stuff done I will be knocking the dust off my thread.
    Ya, und me too. I'll have tons to report soon, but it's all boring detail prep work now.

i was thining that we could do some kind of brainstorming to come up with some ideas together to not let this forum die...
    any toughts?
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap, aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, tcase skid, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel

get the forum back on tapatalk and id be on it daily

I know I haven't been around as much as i used to be. But that is mostly cause I haven't been workin on the Jeep. Trying to get other projects done.
    No replacement for displacement!

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo ZJ
    360 Stroker, 408c.i.

Quote Originally Posted by POLAR_JEEP_04 View Post
    get the forum back on tapatalk and id be on it daily
    might be a good idea, in my opinion it's worth a try
    my channel

whacker of the wang 98cherokee5.9's Avatar
    yeah def a good idea with tapatalk !

Almost time to get back into my project 5.9 too ! Thought about selling it for a minute then someone replied to my craigslist post wanting to look at it and I got scared took it off craigslist lol
    1998 JEEP G.C 5.9 STONE WHITE-roof rack delete, de ambered taillamps,clear corners, spectre 4" airhat and 4" intake tube , ported T.B , Ported factory intake, MSD coil, autolite 3923 plugs, Magnacore 8.5mm wires, 180 T-stat, SCT tuned, h&r lowering springs, Bilstein HD shocks , 3" glass pack muffler, 3" hi-flo cat, 2.5" down pipes,flowmaster 3" merge ,24# FMS injectors,255 walbro Fuel pump.

Sold my jeep to my brother who when trashed it and sold it to a friend who destroyed it so I Haven't been on here in a while I try to creep every now and then check out the new/innovations happening with these 5.9s but it has slowed down as well as Facebook is defiantly taking over. But I stopped using it also when tap talk was removed. Cheers guys!! Looking at Wk1 SRT8s! I'll be back in jeep world eventually

p.s it's nice to know Z88Z (John) still has his long over written paragraphs hahaah. Always the best part of this forum

p.s.s I know I'm getting old when my sig still says I'm 20. I'll be 24 in a month... Shoot me now
    "20 year old "Masshole"

96 Limited5.2 MODIFICATIONS

doing some math here, maybe getting back on tapatalk is a good idea...
    my channel

and posting something on the fb page could be good too
    my channel

sfn's lonely vajay jay
    I think instant gratification is the winner here and why most folks have migrated to the FaceBook groups. I am mainly using the forum as a Jeep diary to remind me what I have done and to see friend's updates. I doubt adding Tapatalk is going to provide some huge uptick in activity and members.
    - Sandy

Yeawooza!

I have been gone for a bit, life/death & other projects getting in my way.

It's easy to see why the FB crowd doesn't come here much, they are only interested in showing off their 3" lifts and new wax jobs.
    Unless there is another FB group, I saw no technical stuff there.

Putting things in to perspective, why would any one in their right mind spend tens of thousands of dollars trying to make a twenty year old DD brick go fast when you could just spend a few grand on a shitty lift and run it till the RMS pisses oil all over your driveway?

Quote Originally Posted by ZJ-John View Post
    Putting things in to perspective, why would any one in their right mind spend tens of thousands of dollars trying to make a twenty year old DD brick go fast when you could just spend a few grand on a shitty lift and run it till the RMS pisses oil all over your driveway?
    Because race Jeep.
    And who on here claimed to be in their right mind? We're all nuts enough that half the joy is the project.

By the way... speaking of this site dying, has anybody else been getting this message - I'm getting it a lot:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at thespeedfreaks.net Port 80
    Last edited by carlmon; 09-16-2015 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlmon View Post
    Because race Jeep.
    And who on here claimed to be in their right mind? We're all nuts enough that half the joy is the project.

By the way... speaking of this site dying, has anybody else been getting this message - I'm getting it a lot:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at thespeedfreaks.net Port 80
    Yeah I get that message alot. Don't know what kind of server problems are going on but someone in admin keeps fixing it. Even though there isn't much going on here I would rather wait for a post here than look at the FB pages. I can't get excited over posts like "washed the Jeep today" or "Stone white Sunday" or seeing "what lift is that".........

you got me with "because race jeep" lol

btw, i'm getting those errors too...
    my channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 318 ita View Post
    you got me with "because race jeep" lol .
    Somebody on here suggested that for a license frame... might have been for zj-John's wife's niner? I thought it was funny enough to steal.

Quote Originally Posted by MexiJeeper View Post
    Yeah I get that message alot. Don't know what kind of server problems are going on but someone in admin keeps fixing it. Even though there isn't much going on here I would rather wait for a post here than look at the FB pages. I can't get excited over posts like "washed the Jeep today" or "Stone white Sunday" or seeing "what lift is that".........
    Completely agree. I don't get the facebook appeal. The hard core gear-heads are here.
    Last edited by carlmon; 09-16-2015 at 05:53 PM.

Amen!

To be honest i mostly agree, but not 100%.
    In my opinion, there are a lot of guys who like to do little bolt ons ob grand Cherokees and Cherokees. They just dont know the existence of tgis forum....the fb page has something like 170 likes. Obviously not all of them can afford a stroker or a supercharger. I think that a little moro publicity and tapatalk coul get this forum back on top.
    What do you think?
    my channel