Recomended spark plug gap??

Accel stock location coil, Taylor 10.5 wires, Bosch platinum plugs, brass terminal cap and rotor. Rest of build is in signature.
    Last edited by rtaylor231; 06-20-2015 at 03:33 PM.
    White 98 limited 5.9 (NOT A 5.9 LIMITED) Magnaflow cat and cat back, Edelbrock ceramic coated headers, Edelbrock aluminum heads, Meziere electric water pump, Spal HP 16" E-Fan, Spal fan controller, Comp cam 20-746-9, mopar 1.7 roller rockers, custom set of timing gears, steel under drive pulley for the crank, single plane mpi intake, Holley 52mm TB, accel cap, rotor, and coil, Taylor 10.5 wires, SCT tune, 180 thermostat, Spectre twin 4" cold air kit, and enough 1/0 gauge cable under the hood to run a small factory!

RallyJeep GO
    The stock .040" gap will work fine. That's a good enough ignition system that you should be able to open the gaps up to .045" or maybe .050" without issue.

FWIW, I'm running .050" gap with Autolite AR3923 plugs (cut back electrodes), MSD 8207 coil run from the stock PCM, Taylor thundervolt 8.2 wires and bras terminal distributor bits. Fires the wider gap just fine with the hotter ignition.
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy 2.02 heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

Quote Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
    The stock .040" gap will work fine. That's a good enough ignition system that you should be able to open the gaps up to .045" or maybe .050" without issue.

FWIW, I'm running .050" gap with Autolite AR3923 plugs (cut back electrodes), MSD 8207 coil run from the stock PCM, Taylor thundervolt 8.2 wires and bras terminal distributor bits. Fires the wider gap just fine with the hotter ignition.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, .050" that's what I set them at but was waiting till morning to put them in to hear some opinions. Thx for the help!
    White 98 limited 5.9 (NOT A 5.9 LIMITED) Magnaflow cat and cat back, Edelbrock ceramic coated headers, Edelbrock aluminum heads, Meziere electric water pump, Spal HP 16" E-Fan, Spal fan controller, Comp cam 20-746-9, mopar 1.7 roller rockers, custom set of timing gears, steel under drive pulley for the crank, single plane mpi intake, Holley 52mm TB, accel cap, rotor, and coil, Taylor 10.5 wires, SCT tune, 180 thermostat, Spectre twin 4" cold air kit, and enough 1/0 gauge cable under the hood to run a small factory!