Thread: bagged?

Just1moreNiner

bagged?

has anyone every bagged a ZJ? how difficult would it be... just curious

Are you thinking of in terms of lowering it?

If it's for performance/handling - I have no idea how that compares to the other options that are out there, so no help, lol.

I've only ever seen one pic of a what I assume was a bagged ZJ, and there was no info on it at all. It was seriously low though!

Bottom line is I can't imagine it's worth the effort....

As it is, if you're planning on headers, CV joint to exhaust (and other) clearances get kind of tight when you lower it. Might be a tad better if you swap to a UJ driveshaft and flange though.

You could maybe go a bit lower if you converted to 2WD, but you'd still be fighting the ZJ's suspension geometry - it's just not made to go much lower than it already is.

You could maybe get some custom made control arms to correct for a better (lower) angle - but that would be a small fortune in itself.

Between that and the price of the kits out there, I can't imagine it's worth it - that's just IMHO though.

http://www.andysautosport.com/air_su...okee/1998.html

RallyJeep GO
    Only way to get really low is a 2wd front axle notched for oil pan clearance...
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy 2.02 heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

I bagged a deer with my ZJ once - does that count?
    Seriously though... I considered this, but abandoned the idea. I want a variable height system, but air is the wrong way to go for that, unless it's just for temporary ground clearance changes. If you try to use air springs for dual purpose you get stiffer 'spring' when it's raised and softer when it's lowered - the opposite of what you want. Instead, I'm considering variable height coilovers, but I haven't done much research into them yet, and don't know if there's anything suitable. They use hydraulic pistons to raise and lower the coilovers, so it doesn't screw up the spring rate.

Notched 2wd front axle, redo all the mounts, adjustable control arms... Just what I've daydreamed about

Quote Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
    Only way to get really low is a 2wd front axle notched for oil pan clearance...
    Like this beetle

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_uxUB9h4A_k

RallyJeep GO
    I was thinking more like this XJ. Build thread here: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/for...d/27247/page1/

1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy 2.02 heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods