Straight Muffler needed for LA clearance

I'm looking to replace my almost brand new FM 50 series with something comparable but has to be a straight and narrow can. The FM is now in the way of my rear PS long arm mount.

Anyone have suggestions on a 3" in/3" out muffler that sounds halfway decent?

Try this link. The Flo-Pro line of muffler's are excellent. I replaced the FM 44 on my 5.9 with a Flo-Pro Max series and like the sound much better. They will give much better flow then the Flowmaster mufflers with a very good sound. They have 4 different styles of round mufflers. If you are trying to keep your existing tail you need to look for an off-=set center design of muffler. If you try to use a straight in-out design it will not line up. Hope this helps. Roger Berkan

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Berkan View Post
    Try this link. The Flo-Pro line of muffler's are excellent. I replaced the FM 44 on my 5.9 with a Flo-Pro Max series and like the sound much better. They will give much better flow then the Flowmaster mufflers with a very good sound. They have 4 different styles of round mufflers. If you are trying to keep your existing tail you need to look for an off-=set center design of muffler. If you try to use a straight in-out design it will not line up. Hope this helps. Roger Berkan

Roger, are you referring to the "glass pack" style?

The one I thought would work is the 7" Heavy duty # 3020. That will give you a very good sound in the round shape you need. At 25" overall length it is 3" shorter then the Max Muffler I used. I don't know however if 7" round is still possible to large for you. The other option is to use either the glass pack or Baffle pack and have a muffler shop make you a small adapter angle pipe to connect it all. Roger

The one I thought would work is the 7" Heavy duty # 3020. That will give you a very good sound in the round shape you need. At 25" overall length it is 3" shorter then the Max Muffler I used. I don't know however if 7" round is still possible to large for you. The other option is to use either the glass pack or Baffle pack and have a muffler shop make you a small adapter angle pipe to connect it all. Roger

I did look at the 3020 but am having a very hard time finding somewhere to purchase it. I think I may just go with a glasspack style off amazon and have the shop make it work.

Thank you for the help Roger!

This is were I got mine, they were great to deal with. The 3020 is 78.33 with free shipping. http://bumpersuperstore.com/search.h...o+3020&go=Find And before I would order a muffler, talk to the shop who is going to do the work. They may have one on hand for the same or less. also a lot of shops won't install your carry -in parts. Roger

This is were I got mine, they were great to deal with. The 3020 is 78.33 with free shipping. http://bumpersuperstore.com/search.h...o+3020&go=Find And before I would order a muffler, talk to the shop who is going to do the work. They may have one on hand for the same or less. also a lot of shops won't install your carry -in parts. Roger

Thank you very much Roger. I ended up buying one last night.

i am so glad I was able to help. My first job out of college was a manager of a small Midas Muffler shop. I ended up being transferred to Chicago and worked at a bunch of stores there.This was in the time before you could order a performance exhaust system. I cant tell you how many custom pipes I have bent. Anyway please let me know how it all works out and most important how it sounds. Roger