ring and pinion are going bad

hi guys, bad news...ring and pinion are making wierd noises (something like trrrrrrr when release the gas pedal, and some kind of howling at higher speeds)...so i suppose it's time for a new ring and pinion.
    i'm trying to consider every possibility.
    i don't do much offroad with this rig, but on the street i'm an animal: burnouts, donuts, launches, drag racing etc...
    question is: is it worth to get a new ring and pinion or not? what other chances? ford 9"?
    keep in mind that budget is an issue, so i need a long term solution as cheap as possible.
    one last thing: i got new clutches for the lsd and new 2 differential bearings on this 44A.

any opinion, suggestion or advice is much appreciated

thanks

ps: rig specs are in my signature

edit: forgot to say that car is running about 231000km
    Last edited by Mark 318 ita; 04-21-2015 at 10:44 AM.
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap, aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, tcase skid, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/TommyVercettism/videos

The ring and pinion gears are probably fine. It is the bearings that fail. Did you replace the pinion bearings as well or only the carrier/side bearings? Did you have someone set up the diff when they were installed?

hi, thanks,
    nope, unluckily thery are gone...i know it because we opened the cover not long ago to change the clutches. i was waiting for this to happen.
    we replaced the carrier ones, because the pinion bearing was fine. yep my mechaninc set it up.
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap, aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, tcase skid, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel

hi guys,
    a ring n pinion from a wj 44a equipped will bolt in a zj 44a equipped?
    my channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 318 ita View Post
    hi guys,
    a ring n pinion from a wj 44a equipped will bolt in a zj 44a equipped?

I don't know for sure, but be advised that it might not!

I believe the WJs take their VSS/Vehicle Speed Sensing off the rear axle instead of the Tcase like our ZJs do - which is why we can't use their 247 Tcase without doing a hybrid.

There's a chance it might sit/fit differently because of whatever ring or wheel it has for the speed sensor. I'm assuming that VSS setup is in the pumpkin, so the setup could be different, but who knows - the R&P themselves might be the same.

Like I said I don't know any of that for sure! Just an UNeducated guess, lol

Hopefully someone with more WJ knowledge will answer this
    Last edited by Z88Z; 04-30-2015 at 07:18 AM.

Tahnks Z,
    Yeah we need some wj guys
    my channel

Going off Randy's Ring & Pinion and Rockauto the WJ and ZJ both take the same ring and pinion set.

Thanks, so they should be the same
    my channel

Quote Originally Posted by SilverXJ View Post
    Going off Randy's Ring & Pinion and Rockauto the WJ and ZJ both take the same ring and pinion set.
    Good deal.

Thinking about it later at work I realized that was the way to go - compare the ZJ and WJ R&P part numbers

got today dana new ring and pinion and g2 rebuild kit
    Attached Images Attached Images
    my channel

hi guys,
    made about 500km after the installation, and it runs way smoother...no wierd noises.
    my channel

congratulations!
    We do not remember days, we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese

thanks
    my channel