Underpowered

new here.....still slow

name is Tyler, ride is a 1998 ZJ laredo SE. still slow but hoping to change that in the next couple years.

recently i took off the lift and bigger tires in favor of a lower stance.

before 2" lift on upcountry springs with 31's

and now. lowered about 2" on 255/60-17 tires on Nissan G35 wheels.

Future plans are to hopefully LS swap it with a full GM drive train. LS, 4l60e and 241 t-case. it is still 4wd, even running an XJ HP front axle still. one day it will be faster.

Welcome to thespeedfreaks! Have fun.

Welcome to the site!

Sounds like it would be fast with that conversion, lol.

You might find some minor difficulties in getting information to the cluster with that setup, as all of that info you see is coming over a databuss on our OBD2 Jeeps.

I'm sure there's ways around that though. You could go with aftermarket gauges/speedo, etc.

Underpowered
    speedo and odometer should be pretty simple to figure out, the rest of the gauges can easily be made manual. Or just do a simple Tablet and OBDII scanner to do a readout of all important gauge info.

trying at the very least to make it handle better. Next in line i plan on upgrading the front sway bar and re-installing the rear sway bar and go with some stiffer springs to plant it to the road a bit better. the lower stance and wide tires helped for sure, but sway bars are much needed.

hi,
    that sounds like a cool plan, keep us updated
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap, aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, tcase skid, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/TommyVercettism/videos