lil drag racing night

Hi guys,
    about 3 weeks ago i met with other 2 friends who have 5.2s.
    we stopped for a pizza and, after that, we went in a private parking lot to try some little drag racing.
    i say little becasue the parking lot was really small, so we couldn't get out of 1st gear...putting 2nd right at the end of the track.
    i'm the guy with white jacket and gray pants.
    the vid is pretty crappy beacuse we had just one gopro strapped on my hood.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1eoUx_wn3U
    in the first race you can clearly see that 4wd has advantage during the launch, but as soon as my 2wd started to get traction i was catching him fast...too bad the track was too short to win lol.
    in the Second race i was racing an alfa mito (120hp) in 4wd (yep, i put 4wd because i didn't want to look bad ahahah)
    we'll be back as soon as possible with more cameras
    ps: i already posted this in my build thread, but here we can comment without going ot.
    thanks
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap,dana30hp swap,aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/TommyVercettism/videos

hi guys,
    yesterday night i smoked a miata mx5.
    too bad i have no video because my passenger didn't want to get out to take a vid...that son of a b****!!!
    had a ton of fun, even did some donuts

here i have a screenshot of my cellphone of the torque app.
    something i can not understand is: why is my 0-60 miles per hour time so small and the 0-100 km per hours so high? 62mph=100km/h.
    how's it possible to have 6 tens of a second for 2mph???
    Screenshot_2015-04-21-00-44-39.jpg

edit: i ran put of road before the 1/4 mile so the one shown is another run.

edit2: one last thing: 180hp??? looks poor...are those wheel hp or crank hp?

thanks

oh last thing, not sure if this is the right section...feel free to move it.
    thanks again
    Last edited by Mark 318 ita; 04-21-2015 at 05:44 AM.
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap,dana30hp swap,aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 318 ita View Post
    something i can not understand is: why is my 0-60 miles per hour time so small and the 0-100 km per hours so high? 62mph=100km/h.
    how's it possible to have 6 tens of a second for 2mph???

edit2: one last thing: 180hp??? looks poor...are those wheel hp or crank hp?
    For 100kph I would expect about 7.7 - it's not that far off. Perhaps it shifted just before 60mph, so not pulling quite as hard? It's not that precise anyway - I usually make a few runs and average them.
    180HP would definitely be a measure of wheel HP - Torque calculates this based on peak acceleration and vehicle weight (you have to input weight).

Hi,
    thanks for the help.
    ok i made a few run, i'll post the screens later from my cellphone (now i'm writing from pc)...but they were slower, because of wheel spin and wrong shifting.
    i put 2000kg weight...not sure if is right, opinions?
    180 to the wheels is not too bad.
    my channel

Here we are
    edit: this is the first one that i tried but i shifet too late (i hit the rev limiter) and i spun the tires, so i had a terrible time...the problem still stands: there is a huge difference for 2 miles per hour.
    i can't explain it, ok it's not pulling so hard...but it's still too much...i think. Tell me if i'm wrong.
    i put 2000 kg wich should be around 4400 lbs. is it too much?
    my pink slip says 1860 kg wich is 4100, but i added me and the fuel (i'm about 70kg, 154 lbs).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark 318 ita; 04-22-2015 at 06:28 AM.
    my channel

RallyJeep GO
    2000kg is around 4400 lbs, so that's probably about right for a ZJ with driver in it.
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy MA-X heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

Mark- I'm wondering if there isn't enough time to refresh between 60 MPH and 62.31 MPH (100 KPH). I know in MPH there are options to show 0-30, 0-60 and 0-100, and I'm guessing there's a 0-50 KPH in addition to the 0-100 KPH. Maybe just stick with one speed unit.
    Curb weight on the V8 ZJ is 4232 - that's Jeep with standard accessories, all fluids, including fuel, without passengers. So yeah, 4400 is pretty darn close. Sounds like your pink slip indicates weight without fuel.

thanks, so the input weight is correct...i probably removed about 50kg (100lbs) from the jeep, but that's not much of a difference, maybe a ten of a second in the quarter

thanks, i'll try to find the 0-50kph one and to remove the 0-60 one.

i'll keep you updated
    my channel

hi,
    i didn't find the 0-50kph gauge, so i just removed the 0-60mph
    new time as soon as i possibly can (find a new rear diff )
    my channel