New Quantum 340LPH E85 Compatible Intank Fuel Pump Jeep Grand Cherokee

Quantum 340LPH E85 Compatible Intank Fuel Pump Jeep Grand Cherokee

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161609305332...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

SKU: QFS-342FT
    Looking for an application specific fuel pump for your 600+ whp build? Look no further! Quantum's 340LPH Flextech series fuel pumps come from the same proven source as the Aeromotive Stealth, Racetronix RXP, and AEM versions. The difference? We take the time to custom tailor every installation kit so that strainer size, hose length, and inlet configuration minimizes installation headaches. We also back every single pump with a lifetime warranty, something you will not find with any other 340LPH fuel pump.

Official website: http://www.highflowfuel.com/c-109734...umps-jeep.html

The only one question, why is the price different on eBay and their official website?

Why to buy the Aeromotive 340 for $150 if I have the option to buy this for the twice less price.
    Last edited by MonaDeRio; 03-03-2015 at 10:44 AM.
    SCT X3. Custom cam. Crane gold race roller rockers. Fully ported 2.02 R/T heads.. Mike Leach Headers. Full 3" cat back exhaust. Custom full return fuel system. Aeromotive 340 in-tank fuel pump. Aeromotive dual port adjustable fuel regulator. Holley 2 x 52mm TB. High stall torque converter 2800 . 24# Bosch Ford Racing injectors. MSD ignition box and coil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sfn's lonely vajay jay
    What makes this one different from a Walbro 400lph which is also E85 compatible? And for fuel pumps it's worth it to invest in a brand name.
    - Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by BoostinChick View Post
    What makes this one different from a Walbro 400lph which is also E85 compatible? And for fuel pumps it's worth it to invest in a brand name.
    I'm with Sandy. Walbro has a proven track record here, and just isn't expensive, especially compared to the PIA of replacing an in-tank pump.
    I went cheap on the pump once - once. Won't do that again.

sfn's lonely vajay jay
    I know replacing the fuel pump in these pigs isn't a fun job. Not one I would want to do multiple times anyway. It's great they have a lifetime warranty, but fuel is key especially if you want to start messing with E85. This is one area, in my experience, I do not mind spending the money for. If you do end up using them would love to read feedback.
    - Sandy

Actually it's designed for gasoline or E85, although E85 may shorten lifespan. I couldn't find any reviews about them yet because those fuel pumps are new on the market.

Walbro isn't the best choice. See this and the test result

http://realstreetperformance.com/Fuel-Pump-Comparison-Test.html

btw my Walbro 255 doesn't support 13-15 psi on my Jeep.
    Last edited by MonaDeRio; 03-03-2015 at 05:53 PM.
    SCT X3. Custom cam. Crane gold race roller rockers. Fully ported 2.02 R/T heads.. Mike Leach Headers. Full 3" cat back exhaust. Custom full return fuel system. Aeromotive 340 in-tank fuel pump. Aeromotive dual port adjustable fuel regulator. Holley 2 x 52mm TB. High stall torque converter 2800 . 24# Bosch Ford Racing injectors. MSD ignition box and coil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sfn's lonely vajay jay
    It's not news that Walbro has awful/inconsistent voltage drops on the stock wiring. It's always been recommended to re-wire the fuel pump anyway and that's with any vehicle I have upgraded the fuel pump on.

What I get from that article is unless you are going above 600hp @ 25psi the Walbro is fine. It's probably the cheapest compared to the others than are in the same test group.
    - Sandy

Probably my fuel pump works on the stock wiring. I don't know. So I have 3 options: 1. keep everything as is. 2. Get a bigger fuel pump and re-wire it and 3. Get a new Walbro 255 and re-wire it with 10 ga wires, 12V 30 AMP relay and 12V 30 AMP circuit breaker .http://www.enginebasics.com/Advanced...p%20relay.html

sfn's lonely vajay jay
    Most places offer the re-wire kit with the fuel pump purchase. I would re-wire yours and see if it helps. That way if you still need to upgrade you already have the wiring part done. Just my .02c.
    - Sandy

sfn's lonely vajay jay
    These pre-made kits are actually cheaper than what you are posting, and they come with a harness to adapt to the relay so it's not separate spade connectors. One stop shop -

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/qft-30-199/overview/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STM-FUEL-PUM...c69613&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SRT4-Fuel-Pu...8d7a4f&vxp=mtr
    ^ This one is all snazzy with a waterproof relay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DSM-FUEL-PUM...85b0d4&vxp=mtr
    ^ Cheapest kit but no harness like the others have
    Last edited by BoostinChick; 03-04-2015 at 03:48 AM.
    - Sandy

Ok let me insert a quick question. I am having no issues with starting at this time. But my gas gauge goes all over the place. I have no plans for boost so what would be the best for me?

sfn's lonely vajay jay
    Stock fuel pump. But if your gauge is bouncing around could be the float, or wiring.
    - Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by MonaDeRio View Post
    Probably my fuel pump works on the stock wiring. I don't know. So I have 3 options: 1. keep everything as is. 2. Get a bigger fuel pump and re-wire it and 3. Get a new Walbro 255 and re-wire it with 10 ga wires, 12V 30 AMP relay and 12V 30 AMP circuit breaker .http://www.enginebasics.com/Advanced...p%20relay.html
    Eddie- make sure to let us know if the wiring kit fixes the fuel pressure issue.

One more thing added to my grocery list... wiring kit.

Quote Originally Posted by carlmon View Post
    Eddie- make sure to let us know if the wiring kit fixes the fuel pressure issue.

One more thing added to my grocery list... wiring kit.
    I guess my Walbro fuel pump was installed a long time ago something around 2001-2002. I have no issues with it. The pump is OK for 10 psi boost.I don't do more than 7-8 psi.
    But the new fuel pump is on my mods list.
    Here is the basic Aeromotive Fuel Pump Wiring Kit 16301 http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-16301
    Totally overpriced but I'm using it like a reference thing and I'll buy all parts on eBay. The total will be 25-30 bux.
    Here is the Aeromotive wiring diagram

39076d1324569291-308-engine-rebuild_efi-pistons-aeromotive-a1000_wiring-diagram.jpg

SCT Tuning Guru
    Actually it's designed for gasoline or E85, although E85 may shorten lifespan. I couldn't find any reviews about them yet because those fuel pumps are new on the market.

Walbro isn't the best choice. See this and the test result

http://realstreetperformance.com/Fuel-Pump-Comparison-Test.html

btw my Walbro 255 doesn't support 13-15 psi on my Jeep.
    You neglect to mention that your base pressure was at 60 psi, then was raising it 1:1 with boost. To raise fuel pressure like that in boost, requires MUCH more fuel pump duty cycle to do so.
    Always outmanned...Never outgunned

Yes it was 60 psi but now I put it to normal. So I hope everything will be fine.

Quantum 340LPH E85 Compatible Intank Fuel Pump Jeep Grand Cherokee

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161609305332...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

SKU: QFS-342FT
    Looking for an application specific fuel pump for your 600+ whp build? Look no further! Quantum's 340LPH Flextech series fuel pumps come from the same proven source as the Aeromotive Stealth, Racetronix RXP, and AEM versions. The difference? We take the time to custom tailor every installation kit so that strainer size, hose length, and inlet configuration minimizes installation headaches. We also back every single pump with a lifetime warranty, something you will not find with any other 340LPH fuel pump.

Official website: http://www.highflowfuel.com/c-109734...umps-jeep.html

The only one question, why is the price different on eBay and their official website?

Why to buy the Aeromotive 340 for $150 if I have the option to buy this for the twice less price.
    They have changed the price on eBay from $70 to $130

They have changed the price on eBay from $70 to $130
    Sounds like a good reason not to buy from them!