Potential new 5.9 owner

Hey guys,
    I should be picking up a 98 limited in a couple months once this semester ends. I own a 08 mazdaspeed3 at the moment and need a car with 4wd and off-road capabilities. I've obsessed over these cars for some time, dreaming of building a 408. Just a few questions;
    1. What are the average whp numbers made by N/A 408 builds? I plan on running either the eldelbrock alum heads or the EQ iron heads with 2.02 intake valves (seems like they both flow equally well?) , custom grind cam, and somewhere in the ball park of 10:1 compression.
    2. Whats the limit on the 46re trans? I've built multiple C4's, AOD's, and C6's so needless to say, I'm more than comfortable on pulling one apart. I also plan on doing the the hybrid trans case (Can't remember the name).
    3. Does anyone run nitrous on these cars? I used to have a 331 in my mustang that loved the stuff.
    4. Any other issues with the drive-train that might want to blow up with the added power? (axles etc.)

Thankfully, I will be able to sell my speed with all the mods for around 15ish grand so I shouldn't be too short on money. All work will be done by me with the exception of machine labor.
    Hopefully all goes as planned!
    Thanks,
    John

Welcome aboard John. I'm sure those that are more knowledgeable will chime in. In the meantime I would suggest you search the forum. There is already a ton of great info on the subject here.

welcome to the group, look forward to your build thread with lots of pictures!
    We do not remember days, we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese