Thread: Xaza's Niner

Xaza's Niner

I have been putting this thread off for a while now to have a little something to show. This is my DD and I just want to have that little extra oomph. This truck was bought to replace my XJ as a DD so we could focus on it's build more which is why this one is slow to move along, especially with the addition of the trailer project. My niner as she sat when I got her. It has 3.5 inch RE lift and K&N intake.

On the same trip as that pic was taken, the front CV style drive shaft ripped apart on me. It's maiden trip out I limped it home in rear wheel drive and haven't taken it off roading since. Got rid of the CV style shaft using a yoke from an XJ and having a shaft made.

Truck was left alone to just get me to and from work until one day I jumped in to run to gas station and it popped and died. Opened hood and remote started it to hear a terrible noise from rear passenger side of engine. After further inspection found the bolt for K&N intake had fallen into combustion chamber and detonated a piston.

Dad was unable to help rebuild my motor so I ended up buying a rebuilt motor. This is where the building on this truck started. I am not the type of person to put things back just the way they were, I like them to be better. Ended up finding a performance motor with 10:1 compression, Erson cam, roller rockers and RT head.
    http://www.precisionengine.com/rebui...ge-magnum.html

Well once the motor was installed the juices had already started flowing. New motor had more oomph without a doubt but wasn't as much as I had hoped. Decided the new motor needed to breath a little better and went with a Hughes airgap intake.
    We do not remember days, we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese

Again there were improvements but it's just never enough. Happened across some Edelbrock headers on the forum here and picked them up but while waiting to install them ended up with a 52mm TB from our vender her on the forum, bkdkrt, I think. Also got a SCT tuner and got a tune on her.

and then got headers installed and exhaust finished the rest of the way out 3" with high flow cat and muffler.

Exhaust guy welded in my new bung for my data logger which is sitting here waiting to be installed. Got another part of the shelf and in the truck though, 42K ignition coil.

As of recently we just rebuilt the t-case because there was a little slop in the output shaft. We also have a clunking noise from the rear passenger side and thought it was the bearing. Replaced the bearing but the noise is still there. Will dig more into it but most of the bushings are like new, some are new. This is current on truck. Future plans are fuel injectors/pump, smaller tires, 4:10 gears and transmission rebuild with valve body and TC. Most likely build will end there but we will see when we get there.

Cesare Pavese

looks fast, compliments
    do you have a 0-60 vid?
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap, aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, tcase skid, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/TommyVercettism/videos

Unfortunately I do not. We forgot to take camcorder when we went to Bandimere. I ran it on 32" re-tread tires, which are crazy heavy, and before exhaust/headers, coil and throttle body. Still did pretty good I thought though. Here were the results.

Cesare Pavese

Lookin good! Be nice to see some time slips for it with the goodies.

sweet. I found that same coil on a dakota. Thoughts on it?

Quote Originally Posted by xaza View Post
    Unfortunately I do not. We forgot to take camcorder when we went to Bandimere. I ran it on 32" re-tread tires, which are crazy heavy, and before exhaust/headers, coil and throttle body. Still did pretty good I thought though. Here were the results.
    time slips are good anyway
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap, aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, tcase skid, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/TommyVercettism/videos

Quote Originally Posted by x10radsponge View Post
    sweet. I found that same coil on a dakota. Thoughts on it?

ACCEL - as used on Project YellowJacket - cuz it's yellow!

I believe it's at least the equivalent of the MSD coils you get from Kolak (but those were the wrong color )

Guess I need to toss mine on then.