SCT X3. Custom cam. Crane gold race roller rockers. Fully ported 2.02 R/T heads.. Mike Leach Headers. Full 3" cat back exhaust. Custom full return fuel system. Aeromotive 340 in-tank fuel pump. Aeromotive dual port adjustable fuel regulator. Holley 2 x 52mm TB. High stall torque converter 2800 . 24# Bosch Ford Racing injectors. MSD ignition box and coil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't do it, man! You can get GLASS lens H-4 bulb OEM e-code lights with sharp low beam cutoffs and good road light coverage for about $50 more. Why buy chinese plastic crap when you can get chinese GLASS crap?

x2. If you actually want to see at night go with the e-codes

Quote Originally Posted by carlmon View Post
    .... Why buy chinese plastic crap when you can get chinese GLASS crap?

I have no opinion on the lights, but

On this subject, when entering vehicle info on the Poopboys website, it brings up a list of possible recalls associated with that vehicle.

Besides the usual stuff, the ZJs had recalls for several aftermarket/custom light/headlight assemblies. For insufficient output I think it was. I should post that just for fun

anyone have a link to the GOOD Chinese glass crap that they have actually purchased? There are soooo many on there and I'd rather pick a tried and true set over a shot in the dark.

I got mine years ago from kolak@aol.com. IIRC Crown makes a pair too. Also, upgraded the headlight harness.

I got the Crown 55054576 and 55054576 (left and right) from Discountpartsales - Amazon Marketplace. I used Philips Xtreme vision 9003 bulbs and am very happy.

If you actually want to see at night, projector retrofit FTMFW. Makes the ecodes look like a joke for half the price.

dont waste your money on ECE lights. do a retrofit.
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

McCloud, was it you that was doing/making retro's for other guys?

I don't think I would do the retro myself, but if the price wasn't too outrageous, I might consider purchasing a kit someone else has made...

Steve Jobs Residential Teabagger Redsand's Avatar
    I have those clear headlights in the link above and they are great. In fact, the output/cutoff is much better then I could have ever expected. E-Codes and/or a retrofit would be better i'm sure, but I am lazy so that wont happen.
    -Chris-

I have a Jeep

Quote Originally Posted by Redsand View Post
    I have those clear headlights in the link above and they are great. In fact, the output/cutoff is much better then I could have ever expected. E-Codes and/or a retrofit would be better i'm sure, but I am lazy so that wont happen.
    Cutoff or no... they're still for 9004 bulbs, which suck for output, and the lenses will degrade like the stock plastic.

HID conversion would be nice lighting too, but I don't think it looks right in a full size housing.

To each his own... I just think the glass e-codes are an overlooked, easy, affordable upgrade that's a HUGE improvement over stock... but then, supergluing a maglite to your hood would be an improvement over the stock headlights.

To clarify, the Crown headlights are the E codes. they use a 9003/H4 bulb. I think they do just as well as my buddy's projector retros and they don't look retarded. But they are not totally clear.

Has anyone experimented with the clear glass e-codes and a LED headlight?

The ECE lights aren't the clear glass style. They have fluted lenses.