Thread: New Owner here

Alaska5.9

New Owner here

Finally got my hands on a 5.9!. I owned a 98 5.2 for 10 years and loved it, always wanted a 5.9. It was kind of a rescue because the previous owner attempted a home brew lift and control arms and ghetto fabbed the hell out of it. It also has no reverse right now. It was offroaded a few times, its got a couples dings in her. Motor is strong, 117k miles. The reverse solenoid piston has been over traveled. Po tried to fix it, it worked for about 5 mins and it lost reverse again, all forward gears work great. My plan is to put a legit long arm lift kit, fix tranny and make it my expedition/exploring rig. I really have no interest in racing it, im more into off road travel. Ill try to upload pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to the group. Congratulations on the rescue. A little love and it sounds like it will be a great ride. I am more about the crawl too, although I do that in my XJ. I am starting to take interest in expedition wheeling, but am building a trailer for it since most of my wheeling is day trip rock crawling. I look forward to seeing the progression of this.
    We do not remember days, we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese

Welcome to the site!

Is that a color matched ARB? Very nice - looks like GreenZJs old rig, which was always one of my faves.

Keep us up to date on the progress

Welcome and congrats on your find. Where in AK are you from. I have family in Palmer.

His bumper is a hand-built by another mutual friend (not the guy who screwed up the suspension) who originally bought it into the wheelin' community up here. This is the Jeep that, when it first showed up to a club meeting, my wife turned to me and asked why her 4.0L didn't sound like that. For being a bit of a hack-job bumper, it turned out nice!

Alaska5.9
    I live in Anchorage. I have a lot of friends in Palmer and Wasilla. Yup bumper is homemade and came out well(not by me). Needs a winch in it now!. Im going to paint it also, it has a different color rear hatch and passenger side door is different also. I want to go with an off road theme naturally. Im thinking a snow camo color would be cool.

- - - Updated - - -

I live in Anchorage. I have a lot of friends in Palmer and Wasilla. Yup bumper is homemade and came out well(not by me). Needs a winch in it now!. Im going to paint it also, it has a different color rear hatch and passenger side door is different also. I want to go with an off road theme naturally. Im thinking a snow camo color would be cool.

Welcome...