what would it take?

Hi guys,
    i start saying that i'm asking because i'm curious...i probably won't be able to afford what i'm asking
    so, question is: what would it take to get a 0-60 time of abut 7 seconds or less (maybe 6.9)?

my 5.2 is now running 7.5 seconds without the 2x52 tb because i had no time to get it installed.
    with the it i hope to get 7.4, maybe?

mods are in signature.

consider the fact that i'd love to swap a terma ax-15.

thanks guys
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap, aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, tcase skid, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/TommyVercettism/videos

Stock sized tires will get you there. It looks like you got some meaty rubber on there now and that KILLS speed..

sorry, my mistake, misunderstanding: i use mud tires only for offroad meetings, usually i run stock size street tires...
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap, aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, tcase skid, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel

Stock sized tires will not make the 5.2 run 5.9 times.

It would be very hard to say that a TB will shave off .1 sec in 0-60. You can vary a lot if you run 10 runs and time them all.

Headers, rockers, full free flowing exhaust, intake, 52mm TB, tune by Ryan.. Then you would be close...
    1998 Jeep 5.9- Slate Black

mmm that's even worse than i tought...
    my channel

bolt ons are a given at this point, i would think.

SCT tune gets you the most from everything - if you ahve bigger tires, and wheel, then 4.10/4.11 gears would make a big difference
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen4971 View Post
    bolt ons are a given at this point, i would think.

SCT tune gets you the most from everything - if you ahve bigger tires, and wheel, then 4.10/4.11 gears would make a big difference

hi, i'm not sure i'm understanding right...do you mean that i still have a lot of bolt ons to install?
    thanks
    my channel

Hi guys,
    after the bigger TB, i'm now thinkin about a tune.
    The only concern i have is my tranny.
    Last time i took off the the oil pan i got zero emery, but lately the tranny is not shifting properly.
    Sometimes instead of putting 3rd gear it just goes to N. I need to put the shifter in N and after that i need to put in back to D.
    Not sure what this is.
    Any opinions on tunes?

edit: u.u sorry i forgot to say that last time i changed the oil in the tranny was 20000 miles ago.
    Last edited by Mark 318 ita; 02-24-2015 at 02:36 AM.
    my channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 318 ita View Post
    Sometimes instead of putting 3rd gear it just goes to N. I need to put the shifter in N and after that i need to put in back to D.
    Do you mean when driving it shifts from 2nd and goes to neutral?

<OOPS!>
    Last edited by carlmon; 02-24-2015 at 09:25 AM.

RallyJeep GO
    Quote Originally Posted by carlmon View Post
    For others chiming in, note he has the 5.2, so has the 44RE and 3rd is his top gear.
    What? The 44re is a 4 speed just like the 46RE... It's just got a lower 1st and 2nd gear and smaller internals (based on the 904 Torqueflite instead of the 727 Torqueflite).
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy 2.02 heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

yes if i'm driving like an idiot (heavy on the gas) it seems that it's not putting the 3rd sometimes.
    sorry if i'm a little ot.
    my channel

Quote Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
    What? The 44re is a 4 speed just like the 46RE... It's just got a lower 1st and 2nd gear and smaller internals (based on the 904 Torqueflite instead of the 727 Torqueflite).
    My bad. I actually knew that, but for some reason I thought for a long time my 5.2 was a 3 speed. That's what I get for writing before coffee.

yes if i'm driving like an idiot (heavy on the gas) it seems that it's not putting the 3rd sometimes.
    sorry if i'm a little ot.
    Mark- I reject your premise that driving heavy on the gas is driving like an idiot - that's why we're all on this forum, and I find it insulting!

It sounds similar to something I experience occasionally. I don't have to do anything with the shifter though, I just let off the gas breifly and it hooks up again. Also, my 3rd engages briefly, then slips (does yours do this, or straight from 2nd to neutral?). Still, they could be related.

I wonder if it could be the linkage moving under torque due to the soft motor and trans mounts, and physically bumping it into neutral.

This has been seen from a few things so its hard to say what you have going on. Mine was solenoid related it would let go right at peak torque in second and have no clue where to shift, I heard someone else whos issue turned out to be TPS. I would guess that some TV cable or band adjustments would cause similar issues as well as improper fluid flow from any number of things. Its been a harder one to diagnose for everyone.
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Black Pearl" totaled
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"
    "No Officer, all four tire tracks are mine, it WAS all wheel drive......yes ma'am Im aware this structure is normally used to 'park' cars"

carlmon: sorry i didn't mean to insult anyone

the problem guys is that it only occurred a couple of times in the last couple of months so i can't describe it properly
    my channel

carlmon: sorry i didn't mean to insult anyone

the problem guys is that it only occurred a couple of times in the last couple of months so i can't describe it properly
    My 96 would do that.. Foot to the floor and then WHAM! into redline out of nowhere.. Freaks you out. My guess is either the solonoids or bands out of adjustment. My 98 wont shift into 2nd if hard on the gas.. Replaced solonoids and still does it, now Im thinking bands have too much play.

RallyJeep GO
    If the governor solenoid isn't the issue, it's probably either the TV cable being adjusted wrong or the bands needing adjusted.
    1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate
    Mods: Big trans cooler, 231 swap, Indy 2.02 heads prepped by IMM, Comp 20-744-9 cam, 1.7 HS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Airgap manifold, DT headers and full 3" exhaust, SCT tune homebrewed by me, Martin Saine valve body, B&M tranny pan, magic suspension made from unicorn tears, power steering cooler, lots of lighting mods

hi guys,
    today i drove 60 miles, and i tryed the car with the mechanic onboard but of course tranny shifted good!
    btw i changed the solenoid pressure and some other things 30000miles ago, not sure if it is gone bad another time...

i was talking to my mechanic and he said that he would not tune the pcm, but he would do some 1.7 roller rockers.
    honestly i don't have the money to do both...so i'm thinking about just one.
    what would you advice?
    thanks
    my channel