Hemifever/FlyinRyan

I've been offline for a while so I'm not up on things here but when I left Hemifever was the goto guy for SCT. Now I come back and it seems that FlyinRayn is on deck. Just wondering if there is something I need to know about the "quality" of tune from either of these gentlemen. I have a tuner from Hemifever that I have yet to install and I DO plan to install but I'm just curious as to the change here.
    White 98 limited 5.9 (NOT A 5.9 LIMITED) Magnaflow cat and cat back, Edelbrock ceramic coated headers, Edelbrock aluminum heads, Meziere electric water pump, Spal HP 16" E-Fan, Spal fan controller, Comp cam 20-746-9, mopar 1.7 roller rockers, custom set of timing gears, steel under drive pulley for the crank, single plane mpi intake, Holley 52mm TB, accel cap, rotor, and coil, Taylor 10.5 wires, SCT tune, 180 thermostat, Spectre twin 4" cold air kit, and enough 1/0 gauge cable under the hood to run a small factory!

yeah, hemifever = bleh

ryan = uber

a few revisions from hemifever, and i still wasnt happy with anything. FIRST tune ryan sent me was better. first. tune.
    Ross
    1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited
    MPP Headers - Thunderbolt Metallic Cat - 3" Mag catback - EBC Brakes w/ drilled Rotors - 4bbl M1 - Vortech 12psi - Built trans & 2900 stall - Ford 8.8 - Addco & Hellwig Sways - Poly Bushings - H&R Springs - Grabber UHP Tires - Alpine/Infinity Stereo - FX-R BiXenon Retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by Saleen4971 View Post
    yeah, hemifever = bleh

ryan = uber

a few revisions from hemifever, and i still wasnt happy with anything. FIRST tune ryan sent me was better. first. tune.
    Well I already paid for the "unlimited plan" so I guess I use it and hope for the best. Worst case I spend a few extra bucks and talk to Ryan. I know a lot of people use to swear by Sean so I'm willing to risk it.
    White 98 limited 5.9 (NOT A 5.9 LIMITED) Magnaflow cat and cat back, Edelbrock ceramic coated headers, Edelbrock aluminum heads, Meziere electric water pump, Spal HP 16" E-Fan, Spal fan controller, Comp cam 20-746-9, mopar 1.7 roller rockers, custom set of timing gears, steel under drive pulley for the crank, single plane mpi intake, Holley 52mm TB, accel cap, rotor, and coil, Taylor 10.5 wires, SCT tune, 180 thermostat, Spectre twin 4" cold air kit, and enough 1/0 gauge cable under the hood to run a small factory!

Sean is becoming how you say.....obsolete? What does he have you datalogging with?
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Black Pearl" totaled
    '98 Grand 5.9 "Eleanoir"
    "No Officer, all four tire tracks are mine, it WAS all wheel drive......yes ma'am Im aware this structure is normally used to 'park' cars"

other than the initial purchace about a year ago, which i havent installed yet i have had no contact with him to even know what he wants me to data log with.

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone speak on what Sean/Ryan require for datalogging?

I started my SCT tuning with Sean but after doing some engine work and emailing both, I decided to give Ryan a try. Damn it was a great decision. Sean was just going to send me a few tunes and "see how it feels". Ryan would only do it if did the whole 9 yards and datalogged with his tuning. It is fairly simple to do if you have some computer knowledge.

Easiest way to get started it ordering up a Innovate LC2 OT2 unit. It has you wideband (LC2) and the datalogger (OT2) as a package. You can then run the program through your laptop via usb, or wifi, or through your apple devices, ipad or iphone via Innovate's free app, Logworks.

Once you get your Innovate unit set up, wideband bung welded into your exhaust, you can start monitoring your afr, iat, ect or most any sensor the pcm is monitoring. ONce you start doing the datalogging for Ryan, he will let you know which points he wants you to log. Its pretty easy to do this, its more of a pita loading the tunes onto the sct.
    '98 5.9L Grand Cherokee - SCT (FlyinRyan tuned), Thorley Headers, 3" Kolak Exhaust (Flowmaster 50 & Magnaflow Cat), Mopar Purple Cam, HS Roller Rockers, AEM/ Ebay CAI, 52mm BLKDAK TB, Modded Keg, MSD Ignition, 44A Aussie Locked, 3.5" IRO w Doetsch shocks, front and rear adjustable TB's, Toyo AT2 265/75R16

'87 RX-7 - RacingBeat Header, 2.25" Exhaust, CAI, RacingBeat Flywheel, LSD, Teins S Springs, Sold

'87 RX-7 TII - Corksport 3" DP, 2.5" Custom Exhaust, Corksport CAI, BNR Stage 1 Turbo, Fidenzia AL flywheel, Spec Stage 2 Clutch, Tein S Springs, Rtek7 1.7 ECM

'03 Polaris 8oo XCSP

'06 Polaris 8oo HO Sportsman - 27" Mud lite XL's, Uni Air Filter, 2" level, QSC clutch kit