Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyinRyan View Post
    I dont know why everyone here is so bent on building a 408. You can make the same power, for cheaper, with a .30 over 360.....
    I agree 100%. Had chit worked out a little different, I would have snatched up Lewd Crude and Tattooed's 365. 327/386 hp/tq at the wheels and ran 12.896 with un-ported R/T heads... Then he dropped the price again the day before payday and it sold.

95% of all proposed 408 stroker builds are never finished (or even started) because they're "expensive." A 365 is half the price, and and spray happy.

Well i guess technically the last thing to do on my plan is stroking which would happen in two to three years time so who knows? I have plenty of time to change my mind. Also being an aerospace engineering student i have access to a lot of resources... (evil laugh) and i might be able to source some sweet turbines and fab up a turbo setup. One thing i can tell you is that is is getting intake, cam and heads for sure. I really dont like nos. I kind of feel like it is cheating and in a way it is. I dont want my car to be kinda fast 95% of the time and really fast 5% of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

hipotek sells these heads which are $$$ but if what everybody says is true it will be worth it because of how junk stock heads are.

http://stores.hi-potek.com/dodge-jeep-5-2-5-9-magnum-fully-ported-indy-x-heads-w-1-92-1-620-alloy-steel-valves/
    1998 GC niner - custom 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust, K&N drop in
    2004 Volvo S80 AWD 2.5T - Custom 2.25" dual exhaust, Lots of look pretty things (Totaled)
    1998 Cherokee 4.0 - 4.5" RE short arm kit w/bastard packs, too many mods to list (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by McCloudsZJ View Post
    I agree 100%. Had chit worked out a little different, I would have snatched up Lewd Crude and Tattooed's 365. 327/386 hp/tq at the wheels and ran 12.896 with un-ported R/T heads... Then he dropped the price again the day before payday and it sold.

95% of all proposed 408 stroker builds are never finished (or even started) because they're "expensive." A 365 is half the price, and and spray happy.
    Sorry to bump an old thread.
    I'll be picking up a 5.9 and plan on overhauling the motor and trans. I've built countless stroker 302's and 351's. Naturally, I planned on building a 408 with a built 46re. I was only hoping to get into mid 12s with a 110ish trap N/A, but if I'm able to get those times with a basic 360 build, that would be DDable, I'd rather do that. Do you know the build on that 360 you mentioned?
    Also can someone point me to good 46re performance rebuild kit? I've built a couple c4's, c6's and AOD's. With all of those, I was able to just run some alto red clutches and steels and they were good for low 11 second passes in a 3100lb car.
    Thanks!
    John