Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    overdue update

i took a new job thats mostly out of town, im home roughly 4 days of the month. sadly the last thing on my agenda while home is wrenching on my zj (or audi) for half the day.

i did arrange to have my zj rear end looked at last time i was out of town working. mechanic said the diff tolerances were fine which was a nice surprise, however he mentioned a couple of things failing. my rear calipers seemed to be hanging, and trans mount was torn for starters. planning to do the moog steering stuff next weekend. also im still getting water from front pass door seal even after resealing it.... prob best to replace the seal and see. id really like to put my carpet back in one of these days

got the rear brake pads, rotors, calipers + bleeding done quickly, fronts ill wait for a bit as they still have lots of life left.

Last edited by 604rail_king; 09-28-2014 at 01:09 PM.
    97 5.2L Limited - sorta stock

Interesting rotors. Brand?

They are made by Ate.

The previous owner of my zj included them in a big box of parts (I have the matching fronts too). I wouldn't normally consider them but they look to be good quality and were the right price.

Pads are Raybestos premium ceramic.
    Last edited by 604rail_king; 09-29-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Are you going to paint the calipers?
    SCT X3. Custom cam. Crane gold race roller rockers. Fully ported 2.02 R/T heads.. Mike Leach Headers. Full 3" cat back exhaust. Custom full return fuel system. Aeromotive 340 in-tank fuel pump. Aeromotive dual port adjustable fuel regulator. Holley 2 x 52mm TB. High stall torque converter 2800 . 24# Bosch Ford Racing injectors. MSD ignition box and coil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope

Swapped back to the stock front diff cover today. Fluids going back in a few hrs.

Also working on installing my entire steering components as I've had the Moog parts sitting here for... Well months.

Zj is also going in late next week for a Fairbanks shift kit and rear lsd reinstall. I decided I wasn't a fan of the spartan locker on the street, so back to stock lsd I go. The spartan will be up for sale if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by 604rail_king; 01-30-2015 at 01:43 PM.

Had my appointment to get the shift kit installed this morning, shop pulled the pan and it wasn't showing good signs. The good news is we caught it before anything grenaded, but the trans is coming out for a rebuild now. Should be done by next weekend with some revised new parts, and shift kit. Not happy about this but not much I can do