5.2+sprayFTW

Fixxxer_zj's Project Orvis and 5.9 limited (and some other jeeps) PIC HEAVY!!!

Been awhile since I've posted, so I figured I would do an "updated project" thread.
    Current Projects...First is my 95 Orvis I bought in 2010 for a cool $400 with 229,000 miles on it.
    First bought it....

First mod, 2in BB, 30's on Cragar V-5's and the bugshield I robbed off my buddys 5.9 sitting next to it... Oh yea, and dual exhaust with a magnaflow muffler...

Then, fabricated my own pushbar... all set for camping

The day my sister got her 97 Orvis 5.2 150000 miles for 2600 with a showroom interior. And I put niner wheels on temporarily

Threw some laredo wheels and 31's on and cleaned her up with angry eyes

And then I picked up my 96' 5.2 Orvis (If anyone is counting, yes, between my sister and I we have all three years of Orvis's's'sss)

All three together...

Next on the timeline is when the inevitable happened, on a dark day as I rolled 275,000 miles, the old 318 gave up her bearings....

So, what to do? I do have a brand new 5.2 magnum short block, or a 100,000 mile Magnum 5.9.... I guess I'll just save the new short-block for a later "secret" project... so apart comes the Orvis engine bay and the 5.9....

New bearings, mopar performance high volume oil pump and all new gaskets...
    Tossed the 95 egr intake to the side and grabbed my non egr keggar...

And after a port on the intake, the heads where matched, cleaned, shaved and new seals....

Also ported and polished my TB, threw on a new timing set and water pump, now time for paint..

I choose to go with Dupli-color's Chrysler Red High Heat and Satin Black High Heat enamels

Emptiness, almost sad, except we all know whats going in its place...

New and Old

Installed

Now that she's got enough grunt (for now) after a quick test and tune... hunted down my buddy's 5.9 Limited, and knocked his dick in the dirt...

Onward.... the stock shifter just wasn't enough and I'm cheap so modification is in order...

Stock...... I made the shift knob out of a shitty billiard ball, drilled a hole in the front side of the ball with a set screw and made a groove in the front of the shift handle to allow it to move up and down, simply push down on the knob to release it....

After, I have the pics on how I did it on my old phone, Ill try and find it and post them if anyone is interested in this mod....

Painted knob white...

Drive

First

Well, I got tired of having 2 inches of lift, so I shuffled through my personal pile of Jeep parts and put together a "freeeee" 4.5 inch lift, robbed the 16" Orvis wheels off my 96 and fitted some 265's

Picked up my Niner about 2 months ago... 210,000 miles, newer trans, k&n, canadian spec... Plans for it are the usual, stance "adjustment" going lower, Ford Lighting style dual tips out the side, and when I chunk the motor, well, we all know what will come, 5.9 ish, cam, heads, intake, headers, stall, and beefed trans... and yes that is my 95, just with 96 cladding cuz i was bored....

Snowy ZJ mania, the one in the middle is my buddys laredo.

So I sacked up and threw some wheel spacers and 33's at the 95, Im a sucker for the "stock" lifted look

Some sinister night pics

And that my friends, is the current progress, and now a look back

My old 98 zj 5.2 limited I built dubbed the "Black Widow"

Stock

IRO 3.5 and 33's

Light mod

Pic of the custom paint I did

S'more

Sadly, my divorce was the end of this Jeep, I painted the cladding black put it back to stock and let her go....

My 80 FSJ Cherokee S wide track 360 amc tf727

I put the razor grille on it, and swapped in an amc 304 because it was the only amc engine I could find in WI.... the "built" 360 was "built" by a guy who apparently didn't know how to break in a cam.....and fate came a knocking.....
    I traded her for my 96.....

On last thing, my daily driver....

She is a 2009 Peterbilt 388, 550 HP C15, 18 Speed, 6200 gal tank, and a 13 inch drop visor... I love her almost as much as my ZJ's

Thanks for checking out my addiction!!!!!
    Last edited by Fixxxer_zj; 12-13-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Nice collection.

I like the full size chero

Dam, someone has been busy. They all look good.

So, with the shifter all you need is something to push down with. That is what the button on the side (thumb) is for. With the 8 ball you just have it set so it can push down like on a sleeve or something?

Nice bunch of Jeeps ya got there, and great pics!

I hope you put the 5.9 flexplate on with the new motor - but I'm guessing you knew enough to do that, right?

5.2+sprayFTW
    Yes, I used the 5.9 flexplate, I just notched the one hole to make it work with the torque conv. I will also have a full write up on the shifter mob for you guys on sunday

Sweet. Thanks.

hey, i know this is pretty old...any chance to have some more pics of the dual exhaust?
    thanks
    98 ZG 318 limited: np 242 swap,dana30hp swap,aussie locker, shift kit, optima red, 170lbs reduction, 5.9 vents, kn air filter, air ram, 1.7 HS RRs, SCT 93 oct tune, magnaflow muffler 12255, magnaflow hi-flo cat, spectre air hat, 2x52mm tb, 5.9 efan swap, ngk fr5-1 plugs, mopar perf wires, new cap 'n rot, maxxperf coil, iat relocation, roof lights, pirelli scorpions on masitaly 16x7 rims ET=0, ome HD coils +2",rubic exp +2"shocks, skyjacker ss, rubic exp adjustable front arms, jks rear+procomp front trackbar, prothane engine n tranny mounts, prothane sway bars bushings, drilled n slotted rotors, aeronautical front brake lines, purple led into front grill, hella h4s 100/55w, osarm h3s 55w.
    my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/TommyVercettism/videos